shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find diamond studs!

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello. I have my heart set on some diamond studs. I tried some 2ct ctw on in Dubai which looked great but we weren't quite ready to buy. Unfortunately the exchange rate isn't working in our favour just now and we have a budget of about 4K - though I'm pretty sure we could go a bit higher!

Where would you recommend cutting corners for earrings to maximise on size? I have an I colour ring and barely notice any tint so reckon I could go lower. I'm guessing inclusions aren't as notable. What about cut?

I was thinking about a 6 or 8 martini setting.

Many thanks.

Q

Queenie60

Cut corners on color. Try going to a J color. However, get the best possible cut you can afford. I can tell you from experience that well cut diamond studs sparkle on your ear. A dud is a dud - and a well cut stone will appear whiter and very sparkly, even with the muck they collect from your skin and hair. Post your budget and specs and I am sure that the experts will chime in to help you. Good luck. :wavey:

These look nice:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/diamond-pairs-details.aspx?Diamond1=3719426&Diamond2=3719430

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you queenie!

I think my husband is hoping to spend 4K but realistically I think we need to look at least double that!

Q

Queenie60

Yes you probably will need to spend more than $4,000 to get what you want. If you can't spend it right away, I suggest you save up for what you really want. Good luck and let us know what you decide. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
6/8 prong Martini setting in platinum: 500
90 point I color SI1/VS2 clarity stone (going just under a carat each will save thousands and give you same look): 3800-4000 each

So, yes, you need to save up. That is for GIA 3X stones with 2x trade up policy. If you want AGS0 with better trade up policies then you are looking at another 2k about.

Ukgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for your advice. I think I had better increase the budget!

Would you say it is as important to have an excellent cut with earrings? I wondered if the fact you see them from a different angle and from further away meant you could get away with an inferior cut.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi- there have been a few threads about cut grading for earrings, here is one recent one:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-recommended-cut-grade-on-diamond-earrings.225381/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-recommended-cut-grade-on-diamond-earrings.225381/[/URL]

Personally I'm saving up for a pair of ACAs (much smaller in size than 2ctw though!) to match my pendant- I feel that buying from overseas there is the guarantee that they will do the job i.e. be very sparkly. I also like that you get all the info up front, worth the extra cash, imho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results