shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a wedding band to go with my engagement ring.

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock
BB59B9A4-EC90-4383-AB41-2FFCA8B5F6B7.jpeg 8EB539BC-0E91-47F5-84A5-4D60C51827CF.jpeg 0C41378F-76FD-4B4E-BA93-87634005B01D.jpeg 1BF12B6B-D939-49CF-82FD-B39238810E7B.jpeg 685A8353-85F1-46B3-9537-3A16859B3734.jpeg Hi,
I need some help, and fast. I need ideas o. A wedding band that will look good with my engagement ring. My fiancé picked out my ring all on his own, and I have been tasked with finding my own band. My engagement ring is platinum so I would prefer my band to be also.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
those are beautiful sapphires. Your ring is lovely.

What we’re you leaning towards?
I think a shared prong diamond only band would be substantial enough to pair with that ring

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock

I think a shared prong diamond only band would be substantial enough to pair with that ring
Thank You!
I want a diamond band, but can’t decide on the style. I tried on a plain 3mm platinum band and it just looked too boring next to my engagement ring. . Lol.
My budget is $10k

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I think you need to try on some diamond bands for scale with your ring, being careful to not overpower or compete with your lovely e-ring.
Take photos and post them here and we will help you. Congratulations on your engagement.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, a shared prong diamond band would work well, although you may have to wear a spacer band so the diamonds in each ring won't hit the others and possibly chip them.

Pretty ring! Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ER!!
I think a platinum engraved band would pair lovely with your ring

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire ring. Beautiful :love:

I love @Acinom ‘s suggestion of engraved platinum band. Cannot go wrong with that. And I also love @rockysalamander ‘s suggestion of a sapphire French cut band. Both wonderful suggestions. But many different bands would look lovely with your ER.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in agreement with the shared prong, all diamond band. Rounds approx the same size as your rounds that flank your center stone would compliment it, perfectly. I wouldn’t go bigger or smaller than what is set in the ER.
The spacer is a good suggestion to avoid damage, but I believe this style will work, beautifully!
Congratulations on your engagement!! I’m assuming your wedding date is close? When’s the big day?

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock
Wedding is in the fall, No set date, we will most likely just go to the mayor to make it official. I want to get the band sooner than later though because we have been talking about maybe going to Vagas in May and just do it then. This is a second marriage for both of us. We are in our mid to late 40’s. I am going to try on some bands later this week. Will post some pictures then so you all can help me decide. Lol. I appreciate all the suggestions so far. I don’t want more sapphires in the band. He picked the engagement ring with the four sapphires to represent our four children, so I want to keep the meaning of that so to speak. My center stone is a 1.24 cushion cut, but really square in shape.

Last edited:

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock
I’m in agreement with the shared prong, all diamond band. Rounds approx the same size as your rounds that flank your center stone would compliment it, perfectly. I wouldn’t go bigger or smaller than what is set in the ER.
The spacer is a good suggestion to avoid damage, but I believe this style will work, beautifully!
Congratulations on your engagement!! I’m assuming your wedding date is close? When’s the big day?
A spacer is probably needed, due to the girdles of the side sapphires and diamonds are exposed on my engagement ring. Thanks for the help.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since your budget is $10,000, you have a lot of really great options! Do you like the stacked look? If so, maybe get several thin bands to stack together under your e-ring. I think that looks so classy! And you could easily fit a number of stacking bands into your budget. That way, you can wear them all together or just wear certain ones depending on your mood or your plans for that day.

Also, I love the symbolism of the four sapphires for your four kids! That’s so sweet! :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are your sapphires around 0.30ct? They look approx 30 pts. I think an all diamond, shared prong 1/2-3/4 Eternity band, with diamonds around that same size will be perfect. You will still have room for stacking.

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock
My ring came from Blue Nile :). I thought about the plain diamond one (the last link) but I would still need a spacer, and I worry it would be too distracting from my engagement ring if that makes sense.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would try on a few non-round diamonds. Sometimes a shape contrast can be very pretty. ALso, what about a wedding band with more sapphires?

CVB Inspired Design Yogo french cuts
upload_2018-3-18_6-27-57.png

French cut diamonds
upload_2018-3-18_6-29-4.png

Edited to add. Here is a thread of 5-stone rings.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-5-stone-ring-thread.134007/
I’m all for matching sets but this option isn’t my fave. Your engagement ring already has a cushion mixed with round diamond and sapphire melee. This would be a bit too chaotic for me. I’d make sure to try something similar on before committing. This really goes for anything, though.

weddedgibbs

Rough_Rock
Ended up with a 1ct five stone in platinum setting that was my mother in-laws. I don’t know any specs for it. Just that she received it in 1986.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ended up with a 1ct five stone in platinum setting that was my mother in-laws. I don’t know any specs for it. Just that she received it in 1986.

Looks great and is an heirloom. Love it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. And blingy. Love it on you. :love:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Looks gorgeous on you! Perfect!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow it looks perfect! What a gorgeous wedding set :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I like it! Stands up to your ering but doesnt over-power. Nice combo! Congrats on your wedding/marriage!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combination! Congrats on your recent wedding!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations and how wonderful to have special sentimental meaning in both of your rings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results