Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a sub $800 sapphire

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a light peach/pink/lavender/champagne oval sapphire stone for an engagement ring. I would like the measurements to be around 9x7mm and sun $800. I have looked on the vendors list and didn't find anything that matched my wants. Thank you!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! :wavey:
Could you show us a few pics of what colors you are thinking? Peach/pink/lavender/champagne is a fairly wide range, so some examples of colors you find appealing would help a great deal. Also, do you want a setting as well, or do you already have that?

ETA: what are you feelings on heat treatment? I don't personally find it problematic, but I know some people prefer stones that are not treated in any way, and those are usually pricier. Just checking on your preferences.

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
lovedogs|1463765656|4034052 said:
Hi there! :wavey:
Could you show us a few pics of what colors you are thinking? Peach/pink/lavender/champagne is a fairly wide range, so some examples of colors you find appealing would help a great deal. Also, do you want a setting as well, or do you already have that?

ETA: what are you feelings on heat treatment? I don't personally find it problematic, but I know some people prefer stones that are not treated in any way, and those are usually pricier. Just checking on your preferences.
I'm not really picky on the color. I just prefer it to be light/less saturation I guess? Heat treatment is fine with me! I have attached some photos for color, but again I'm not that picky.

_3699.jpeg

_3700.jpeg

_3701.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you take a spinel?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Do you need the stone to be eye clean?
A 9x7 sapphire would be at least 3cts
your photos are showing some really clean stones, although with Windows. Do you care about window?

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
Niel|1463767142|4034070 said:
Would you take a spinel?
If I absolutely couldn't find anything in my price range I would, but my mom has a sapphire as her engagement ring. I thought it would be cool to keep the tradition going.

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
OTL|1463767368|4034071 said:
Do you need the stone to be eye clean?
A 9x7 sapphire would be at least 3cts
your photos are showing some really clean stones, although with Windows. Do you care about window?
I would prefer eye clean and as small a window as possible. I'm not sure how realistic that is with my budget. I just used those photos for color references.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
alexah|1463768295|4034079 said:
I stumbled on this one a week or two ago and thought the color was sweet but it may be too included for you? It's an unheated pink 9x7 sapphire for $527:

http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=11072

Good luck with your search! :wavey:
Thanks!!! What a great find. I have reached out to them about this gem. I guess I should order a few gems to see which ones I like the most so please keep the suggestions coming! I appreciate it.

VeraMae

Rough_Rock
Taking a break from my own maddening stone search, I've checked out a few vendors so far and none seem to come close. Closest I've found to your requirements were at James Allen. I don't know much about that store or their quality, i just remembered the name from when i was looking at settings and noticed they had pinks. If you're still wanting a stone, you may want to lower your size requirements just a tad? I did see one around 8.2mm X 6.4mm for 700! Not sure if you're still looking or not, but i'll keep looking around a bit... If i go back to thinking about my own project anytime soon, i just might lose my mind.

https://www.jamesallen.com/gemstone...=10&PriceFrom=100&PriceTo=840&Sort=Carat desc

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be a long and hard search to meet all your requirements. Is there anything you can relax on?

Misscaliente12

Rough_Rock
Chrono said:
It's going to be a long and hard search to meet all your requirements. Is there anything you can relax on?
VeraMae said:
Taking a break from my own maddening stone search, I've checked out a few vendors so far and none seem to come close. Closest I've found to your requirements were at James Allen. I don't know much about that store or their quality, i just remembered the name from when i was looking at settings and noticed they had pinks. If you're still wanting a stone, you may want to lower your size requirements just a tad? I did see one around 8.2mm X 6.4mm for 700! Not sure if you're still looking or not, but i'll keep looking around a bit... If i go back to thinking about my own project anytime soon, i just might lose my mind.

<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" hr...tones-colored-gemstone/lavender-sapphire;7628
Thanks for the suggestions! I was waiting on Michael from litnon/gemline to upload a video of the sapphire mentioned earlier in here, and someone bought it over the weekend. I'm not going to lie, I cried. But it was a good lesson. Just buy the darn stone and utilize the inspection period!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well don't let it get you down. Onward and upward.

O still say contact that loupe troop listing just in case you can get it in a price you like. In rose gold? That would be lovely.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry the Litnon sapphire sold :blackeye: When that happens, I just say "it obviously wasn't meant to be"...

Found a few others you might find interesting, though, from these choices, you'll have to give on size/color/etc:

Sapphire - almost 9x7 - but it may be too blue for you (it's a color shift, lavendar to blue): https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-251-Ruby_and_Sapphire/8356-SAPPHIRE_-_Natural_Color_Shift_2_29_ct-Gem.php?FromPage=2

Spinel - almost 9x7 - but obvs not a sapphire: http://gemfix.com/gems/spinel-304-portuguese-style-cut-oval-2-08-cts

Another spinel - smaller but way under budget: https://www.mastercutgems.com/Products-284-_MOST_Recent_CUT/8850-South_East_Asia_Natural_Spinel_2_07_ct_-Gem.php?FromPage=1

I will keep looking but those were the only ones that caught my eye... 8)

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.