shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate this Diamond

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I need your help and input on a diamond I found on James Allen.

1.72 Carat I VVS2 7.63x 7.67x 4.77 mm
(please see the GIA report attached along with the James Allen link).

I have done my best to "research" diamonds along with my boyfriend and we are both feeling very overwhelmed and everything looks the same at this point.
I am looking to have this set on the 6 prong knife edge solitaire setting (equivalent to Tiffany setting).

If this diamond is not "ideal" for the price... does anyone have any other recommendations on a great diamond around the price point (13-14k) and in the carat range? I can do 1.5-1.7 ( I can even do 1.3 carats). Going lower in the price point would be awesome too... but I would like to sparkle as much as it can :)
5360E9EE-BFFB-48B3-9ABD-820414CE21CC.jpeg

Thank you so much for your help!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The diamond you posted has a crown angle and pavilion angle that don’t work together (both are steep). There is a link above the Tools drop down above for an HCA calculator where you can enter the diamonds specs. Diamonds that score 2 or less (sometimes up to 2.5) are worth considering for the best cut. A branded super ideal from super ideal vendors like Whiteflash and Brain Gavin are sure fire wins. They are vetted and come with advanced imaging verifying great performance. Note, the HCA calculator doesn’t apply to these stones because they are already vetted for cut quality and performance. There is a premium to be paid for branded super ideals (which also includes a generous upgrade policy). You will get a lot of recommendations for them here and they take the guess work out of picking a diamond. I did a quick search and found the non-branded one below that looks promising (crown angle is a bit high, but works with the pavilion angle), but you‘ll need to ask the vendor if they have any advanced images (hearts & arrows, IS, ASET).

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
The diamond you posted has a crown angle and pavilion angle that don’t work together (both are steep). There is a link above the Tools drop down above for an HCA calculator where you can enter the diamonds specs. Diamonds that score 2 or less (sometimes up to 2.5) are worth considering for the best cut. A branded super ideal from super ideal vendors like Whiteflash and Brain Gavin are sure fire wins. They are vetted and come with advanced imaging verifying great performance. Note, the HCA calculator doesn’t apply to these stones because they are already vetted for cut quality and performance. There is a premium to be paid for branded super ideals (which also includes a generous upgrade policy). You will get a lot of recommendations for them here and they take the guess work out of picking a diamond. I did a quick search and found the non-branded one below that looks promising (crown angle is a bit high, but works with the pavilion angle), but you‘ll need to ask the vendor if they have any advanced images (hearts & arrows, IS, ASET).

Thank you so much for your time to review the specs and give me another option to look at.
I will look at Whiteflash and also Brian Gavin to see other options!
Thank you again for your input :)

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your time to review the specs and give me another option to look at.

Check out CBIs too at High performance diamonds. Also super ideal like Whiteflash. All the work done for you!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This one from Blue Nile looks promising as well. I’m sure others will chime in with other options. GL!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To confirm, 13-14k USD?

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
I actually found a 1.8 carat on JA website over the weekend which was lower in the budget and I am happy with.
I checked the HCA calculator per Kaycee2018 and saw it was a score of 0.9...
what are everyones thoughts on the specs?
link for diamond: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...l&utm_campaign=shareitem&utm_term=sku-9086184

GIA and HCA calculator attached.
any and all feedback would be great!
Thank you!

Attachments

• Holloway Cut Advisor | HCA Tool 1.8 7.71x7.75.pdf
    423.6 KB · Views: 8
  • gia cert.pdf
    338.4 KB · Views: 7
I actually found a 1.8 carat on JA website over the weekend which was lower in the budget and I am happy with.
link for diamond: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...l&utm_campaign=shareitem&utm_term=sku-9086184

Thank you!

I don’t have any comment on the diamond since I don’t feel super qualified to really judge a diamond based on numbers but be sure to place a hold on it if you’re liking the look of it so that someone doesn’t snap it up under your feet!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People dont like to download on their machines so if you could insert a picture of the GIA report you might get more comments.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to tyty :)

Or copy and paste the angles etc!

Thank you!

HCA score indicates the angles work well together, which is good, and it looks good in terms of symmetry etc :)

I'm not sure, though - it might just be my dodgy eyes but I don't know if it might be a touch 'hazy'?? :???:

I'll let someone better than me comment on that!

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
tyty333 thank you for the input.
Here is the information via pictures:
gia report.JPG
hca calculation.JPG
Hopefully this works?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results