shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me chose diamond stud earrings-my first earrings ever

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
If there is a solid return policy, this ^^ is not a problem.

I have a Brian Gavin signature J, and can't easily tell it from the I. (Both AGS)

Ps there are Show me the J threads under the Smtb tab.

Whiteflash has the most generous upgrade policy.

thank you! I do think Js would be just fine for me. I am just very overwhelmed at James Allen now because there are so many diamonds coming up and gah this is hard

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
What's most important to you - budget, colour, upgrade policy?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right so at JA, you have to pay double to upgrade. So those 1700 each is 3400. To upgrade with JA, your upgrade earrings will need to be minimum of 6800. And they make you dig thru their huge inventory to find the best cut stones. There is a cheat sheet upthread of the angles to look for. They will still not ever be "super ideals".

At bgd you must upgrade two of these three: carat, color grade, or clarity. Their stones are super ideal.

At whiteflash you can upgrade for a minimum of one dollar more than the originals. Again, these are all super ideals. All the work is done for you.

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
Right so at JA, you have to pay double to upgrade. So those 1700 each is 3400. To upgrade with JA, your upgrade earrings will need to be minimum of 6800. And they make you dig thru their huge inventory to find the best cut stones. There is a cheat sheet upthread of the angles to look for. They will still not ever be "super ideals".

At bgd you must upgrade two of these three: carat, color grade, or clarity. Their stones are super ideal.

At whiteflash you can upgrade for a minimum of one dollar more than the originals. Again, these are all super ideals. All the work is done for you.

You are so super right. What makes this hard for me I think is the fact that I am new to earrings period. And though I may be happy with the .70 size forever-what if I’m not and I really want a larger size down the road?
I think perhaps I should stick with BG or WF.

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
What's most important to you - budget, colour, upgrade policy?

Hmm. Upgrade could turn out to be very important. The cut and budget seem to be important right this moment. I was thinking 3k before I started my research but now that i have done it, I feel like I just have to spend around 4200-4700 to be happy.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Then the right decision is WF pair this instance....? I have 0.33 ct (0.66 total) I colour ACA pair & i think they look bigger due to the cut

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
20171029_131259.jpg
ignore my fleshy large lobes!!! (Not my favourite body part ha ha)
This is an I colour SI2 ACA 0.3 ct & it is always bright and noticeable

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
20171029_131259.jpg
ignore my fleshy large lobes!!! (Not my favourite body part ha ha)
This is an I colour SI2 ACA 0.3 ct & it is always bright and noticeable

wow those do look beautiful and you are right, the visual impact is very nice, i do not at all think "small" when i see them! thanks so much for all your help!

speaking of lobes. the other day when i went inside the jewelry store and was trying to hold up a loose diamond to my ear i realized in horror that im pretty sure i do not have lobes at all ahahahaaa. Ears are funny, when you start really looking at them you then see all sorts of weird!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF has the most generous (least restrictive) upgrade policy, the pair noted above are beautiful stones and although a bit smaller than what you were originally hoping for, they will look great in your ears. Since possible upgrading seems to be an issue, I would definitely go with WF if I were you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I measured my studs, and in the bezel, they're 6mm. One is .32 and the other is .36.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of Champagne .70 each. They are to me a definite light lemon yet anyone who sees thinks they are “white”. I think it’s harder to notice “colour” in earrings - it’s not polite to “get up close and personal” I guess.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey OP
What about the "backs" on the earrings?
Friction backs, screw backs, LaPousette's?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won’t be sorry with the WF studs. They will be stunning!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I died! Those are awesome. When do you get them?!?!

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
I died! Those are awesome. When do you get them?!?!

Aw thank you! Tomorrow!! I called WF and they were very kind to upgrade my shipping to overnight. I have to say their customer service has been amazing so far-exactly how I read about them on this forum and what essentially led me their way. Thank again to everyone here for your knowledge, and for your time spent sharing it!

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
So I picked them up on saturday and they haven't left my ears:P2 I slept in them every night which i feel bad about somehow, but I was putting my daughter to sleep and meant to get up every time. What can I say but they are truly BEAUTIFUL. My favorite part about them is how they seem to be alive with light! I dont think a first time earring purchase could have gone any better, thanks again to everyone here!
Size: I do think this is just about the perfect size for me for every day. I would *also* enjoy a bigger size for sure, but as of right now I am emotionally attached to these:love: (and still want bigger diamonds).
Here are a few photos of them in my ears, in the close up pic I have them in not tight enough but tightening the backing makes the diamond sit better on the ear.
I will maybe take some photos of them on their own later today! image1s.jpg image3-1s.jpg image5-1-2s.jpg image7s.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous and look like a great size on your ears! You could also get jackets for them for the times you want a larger look!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful!! You have tiny lobes so they look HUGE!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
They look amazing & huge & icy white!!! Im so happy for you :))

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THey are perfect and look right at home on your ears!!! A bright blingy presenceI

I sleep in mine too. And I check my posts 10 times a day. (They're never loose)

What are the final stats? I know there we're a couple WF links going on above.

lovemyshiba

Rough_Rock
THey are perfect and look right at home on your ears!!! A bright blingy presenceI

I sleep in mine too. And I check my posts 10 times a day. (They're never loose)

What are the final stats? I know there we're a couple WF links going on above.

haha ive taken to checking mine in a very paranoid way!
these are them:
Screen Shot 20 AM copy.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. Perfect!!! I love em (and the generous upgrade policy ... jussayin :whistle:)!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results