shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose an ACA!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want to be responsible and stick to my 17k budget. The luxury of Whiteflash is in the upgrades and I have to choose between size and color. Every time I see my 1.6 H, I want bigger but have never had qualms with color.

The options are:

2.025 J SI $15,375 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4067968.htm
2.364 K VS2 $15,705.https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4109162.htm
1.917 I SI1 $16,629 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4091545.htm
1.926 I SI1 $16,913 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4018645.htm

Which of the two 1.9 I's is preferable?

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't know which one to choose. My lovely WF rep says there isn't much of a difference between the J and K and the price jump on the smaller I might not necessarily be worth it. She recommends the K for size and value.

Here's the I, J and K.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.28.00 PM.png

@ac117 @SimoneDi

Thoughts?
Pics are really not great in displaying color. I do love the 2.065 I SI1, it is a very safe choice that gets you over the 2ct mark. I saw a significant difference from 1.8ct to 2.1ct, so I like to think that you don’t need to go to a 2.364 K to see a significant jump in size.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 I still like the 2.065 I SI1 the best. I understand that it’s $1k more than your set budget which only you will know if it’s worth it to you.

I do like the 2.065 I SI1. I was drawn to that one in the visuals.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Resetting costs maybe ... but what shipping and insurance costs? I wasn’t subject to either when upgrading ....
@kmoro -hmmmnnnn... I was charged for return shipping. It was deducted from the credit for my old stone. So it was never deducted from your credit? It would be interesting to here everyone’s experience with this. Btw, still waiting for your hand pics .

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the 2.065 I SI1. I was drawn to that one in the visuals.

I also prefer the 2.065 I and think the color would be a lot safer but understand you want to stick to a certain budget so maybe it would be best to go with the 2.025 J....that way if the color bothers you, you could upgrade right away to the I and stay at the same size (rather than being disappointed in the size of you start with the K, which I truly think will be too warm).

PUMPYKINS

Rough_Rock
I just don't know which one to choose. My lovely WF rep says there isn't much of a difference between the J and K and the price jump on the smaller I might not necessarily be worth it. She recommends the K for size and value.

Here's the I, J and K.

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 4.28.00 PM.png

@ac117 @SimoneDi

Thoughts?
And how much is cost?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a beautiful stone as long as you are alright with its price tag.

@TweetyBird23 Agreed it’s a beautiful option and it’s listed as eye clean which is a huge plus! I’d double check at what angle/distance. If you could spend the extra, this stone gives you the size bump you’re after without sacrificing too much color-plus you’re used to your SI2 so I don’t think mind clean over eye clean is a priority.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 Agreed it’s a beautiful option and it’s listed as eye clean which is a huge plus! I’d double check at what angle/distance. If you could spend the extra, this stone gives you the size bump you’re after without sacrificing too much color-plus you’re used to your SI2 so I don’t think mind clean over eye clean is a priority.

@ac117 *clutches pearls* Why, I never! :lol:

I asked my wonderful rep to pull out the stone and compare it to the K to see if the difference was noticeable.

Do you prefer the 2.3 better than 2.065 I SI1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4066981.htm ?

With upgrade costs, getting a new setting for the K to hide the tint, shipping costs, and the mental and emotional energy of upgrading as soon as I get the K, it might be worth it just to get one of the I's so I can not upgrade for a while and use my current Tiffany setting, which I think would be too harsh on the K.

I want to make a decision today.

Here's the good ole 1.6 in the Tiffany setting. Gonna miss that girl!

IMG_6509.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go big or go home! I would listen to the WF rep and get that huge K. However, if you are worried about the color too much, then a J will still be super white.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Go big or go home! I would listen to the WF rep and get that huge K. However, if you are worried about the color too much, then a J will still be super white.
Hi @Laila619, it's good to see you again! I hope you're well. I still remember that 2.75 J I wanted from BN last year. :lol: Looking forward to finally getting the upgrade stone!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 *clutches pearls* Why, I never! :lol:

I asked my wonderful rep to pull out the stone and compare it to the K to see if the difference was noticeable.

Do you prefer the 2.3 better than 2.065 I SI1 https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4066981.htm ?

With upgrade costs, getting a new setting for the K to hide the tint, shipping costs, and the mental and emotional energy of upgrading as soon as I get the K, it might be worth it just to get one of the I's so I can not upgrade for a while and use my current Tiffany setting, which I think would be too harsh on the K.

I want to make a decision today.

Here's the good ole 1.6 in the Tiffany setting. Gonna miss that girl!

IMG_6509.jpg

Both I’s have great proportions but I do love the tinier table of the 2.3 (although the 2.065’s table isn’t large by any means, we’re just splitting hairs) :kiss2: your reasoning is very practical and the I would look amazing in the Tiffany setting without having to worry about the tint!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of the I color stones look great. I'd personally buy the one that was most eye-clean.

You realize you can't use your current setting without having the head replaced, right? Might save a little over buying a simple solitaire.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
@kmoro -hmmmnnnn... I was charged for return shipping. It was deducted from the credit for my old stone. So it was never deducted from your credit? It would be interesting to here everyone’s experience with this. Btw, still waiting for your hand pics .

I had a look and I am sure. However, I returned because there was something about the diamond that I didn’t like (too much fluorescence for me), so they considered the upgrade as a resolution to a problem. I betcha that’s why. (and I think you saw I posted a bunch of SMTB pics). :twirl:

ETA (is there a post that I don’t edit???) .. this is something that I should keep in mind for future upgrades. btw, I had to pay $100 USD shipping for the setting from GOG when it was shipped to me ... WF included the setting value with the diamond value on the diamond return shipping paperwork so that I could send both to them for free. So ... even if WF doesn’t cover all insurance and shipping on all returns, they still cover a lot ... well they covered everything in my case anyway - even a setting from a different vendor.

Last edited:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both of the I color stones look great. I'd personally buy the one that was most eye-clean.

You realize you can't use your current setting without having the head replaced, right? Might save a little over buying a simple solitaire.
Hi @diamondseeker2006! Yes, I'm expecting WF to change the head to accommodate the new stone. They said they could replicate the tiny Tiffany style tabbed prongs.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I received my J aca on Monday! It's absolutely PERFECT in every way-a 2.53 ct. I honestly have been a colour girl-had some D/E inside out hoops and other earrings and a band from ex-hubby. BUT, I have sold those and am learning to love lower colour to get more bang(and sparkle) for my buck. WF is so awesome about everything-have them send you the K-the size looks fab on you. Your current stone is really lovely, too. Any ACA will be amazing, imo :)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I received my J aca on Monday! It's absolutely PERFECT in every way-a 2.53 ct. I honestly have been a colour girl-had some D/E inside out hoops and other earrings and a band from ex-hubby. BUT, I have sold those and am learning to love lower colour to get more bang(and sparkle) for my buck. WF is so awesome about everything-have them send you the K-the size looks fab on you. Your current stone is really lovely, too. Any ACA will be amazing, imo :)
Hi, @pinklemonadegurl. Thank you for your post. I saw your ring and it is gorgeous! I'm so glad you are pleased with it as you should be-- 2.53, YUM! I am definitely nervous about the K. My WF rep says in terms of size and light performance, the I and K are similar with a slight color difference face up and a definite difference from the side. She recommends the I over the K if it will be a mind clean issue.

Color was never something I worried about with my GIA H. In fact, the stone looked much cooler and whiter when I switched from rose gold to a full white metal setting, which I liked, so warmer diamonds are new territory. I adore the size of both stones, tho.

Congrats again on your beautiful ACA!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
@TweetyBird23 I had hoped for an SI1 to save $, but none were available in the size I wanted, and my stone is vs2, and it is impeccable! I'm shocked that the clarity has become my 'sweet spot'. I've had very eye clean SI2 stones, and I had a huge vvs2 I(3.79 rb) so I know that eye clean is important to me. Have them send you a stone-check it out first in person(although mine was never in my hands til it was set). I am literally lying here obsessing over more projects as I am not feeling well, and too keyed up to sleep.

I will look forward to seeing what stone you decide on-exciting!

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer to have a stone sent to me set already so I can see what it REALLY looks like on the hand, in prongs, against the metal I prefer, etc.

The shipping and setting costs are hindering me from trying out a K, knowing it's not mind clean enough for me. I admit it might not be 100% logical since the price difference between an I and a K is way more than a couple hundred bucks worth of shipping.

Decisions, decisions!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are used to a GIA H, I think you'll see the difference in a AGS I. I color is as low as I'd personally go. There are several people here, though, that love their ACA J's. I really do not recommend going with K unless it is an antique stone. I just think modern rounds look best in near colorless or better (with the exception of the low alphabet stones that are light yellow and set in a white halo).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results