Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose - ACA

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
My head is spinning. I never really looked into upgrading my stone until a week or so ago and there's a lot of information/resources available on PS. I know I want to get a stone from WF just in case I want to upgrade again. The stone I'm purchasing is replacing a .67 H SI1. I thought I was set on a 1 ct diamond but I honestly don't think I am anymore considering the photos I received from WF and taking into account the price difference once you hit that 1 ct mark. I don't believe I am color sensitive but we will see once I get the stone I go with and compare it to the side stones that I am keeping on my current ring for the reset with the new stone.

I attached the photos I received from WF. The .70 in the center is for color and size reference to what I currently have. I am not really sure which of the 3 I prefer the most. Realistically I'd like to spend around $4500, less if possible - I want to maximize size but prioritize cut.

Attachments

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
Honestly, they’re all great. I prefer the J due to the color but what color are the side stones?
H-I that’s why I’m hesitant but i figured if the color is way off I can exchange.

The J would also be my preference. I guess this H would be a tough one to swing?

A tad bit. I need to think about it. I can’t decide if I want go ahead and purchase now or wait until they get a little bit more inventory in my price range.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can always go with the J. Upgrade in color later if you decide you want a higher color. Definitely something to think
on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't go to anything lower than I color if you have had an H. You can definitely see color in a J and K. Ideally I'd start with an H, but if not, go to I color. There isn't an I color one right at your price target, so you could wait or start with something that costs more or less. I'd recommend these three:

Kh0117

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats great @Kh0117 ! I'm sure the bonus was well deserved! Please post pics when you get it. I'd love to hear what you think of the
color when you get it!

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
It’s here and I’m so glad I went for it! My current center is an H and I can’t tell the difference in color. Maybe I just don’t have the eye for it or I’m not color sensitive. Taking pictures is difficult DA1C965A-8035-4995-83F6-479270A9B9FB.jpeg 1DF2E4D5-F843-401A-B9B8-DCD1ECFCE06A.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I'm not really detecting much color difference in your pics...lack of sensitivity to color can be a good thing!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Three Yays for Cartier
    Three Yays for Cartier

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.