shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help improve the Carat Weight tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry; Please mention the weight as US consumers often get it, rounded up at .005 instead of .009. I think it is good information that when a US consumer is offered a .80ct diamond it may weight .0795 while in many parts of the world and in the diamond trade is needs to weigh .0799 to be sold as .80. It is a tiny amount of weight, but I believe this sort of accuracy in the descriptive text encourages the trade to be more honest and educates consumers to ask specific, intelligent questions before making mistakes.

The chart of available sizes is excellent. Cutters have definite goals in mind when they cut diamonds.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/16/2007 3:06:40 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 12/14/2007 5:47:32 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Apart from a size comparison image here is a draft version of the Carat weight page
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/carat2.asp

The distribution chart is real and current - click on it to enlarge it

Edited PS - we will add .5, .7, 1.2 etc on the chart
Is an aset page going to be added to the tutorial? thats what i noticed was that ASET wasnt linked like hca and ideal-scope.
Definetley storm

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2007 5:43:48 PM

Date: 12/16/2007 3:06:40 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 12/14/2007 5:47:32 PM
Apart from a size comparison image here is a draft version of the Carat weight page
http://diamonds.pricescope.com/carat2.asp

The distribution chart is real and current - click on it to enlarge it

Edited PS - we will add .5, .7, 1.2 etc on the chart
Is an aset page going to be added to the tutorial? thats what i noticed was that ASET wasnt linked like hca and ideal-scope.
Definetley storm
Not sure if the tutorial is the place to clarify/distinguish a 30 or 40 ASET or not...but I''d find the clarification, and idea about application for one or the other helpful.

It may or may not be related...but there is a fairly old thread where Nice Ice was trying to I think make the distinction for IS with respect to the angle of the cone in an IS, were not getting through (if the distinction is parallel), and were pulling their hair out trying to make the point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results