shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, Im just about ready to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wallycat2

Rough_Rock
Well after tons of research and help from PS, Im getting close. I guess my biggest debate over the last few days is old .90 versus 1.0 debate. Im still not 100% decided. What I am sure of is buying from Whiteflash as Tracy has been most helpful. Ive also settled on the setting which I''ll link below also.

I''ll ask you guys weigh in if you care to, on the old .90 versus 1.0 debate. My soon to be is pretty simple and wouldn''t tell the difference but at the same time I don''t plan on ever upgrading and I want her to have the best and don''t want to regret skimping here.

I''d also like you guys to weigh in on the H&A I am reviewing which is 1.04 carats:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848204.htm

There is no heart pic yet, but Tracy says it''s eye clean and I trust her.

The debate is this diamond versus several .90 range that are all very clean H&A''s with varying combo''s of color/clarity. All would save me roughly $900-$1,00. If you want to see the .90''s I could post them.

Here''s the setting, simple and elegant like my girlfriend, I just love this setting and can''t get away from it:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1063.htm

Thanks in advance!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If it were me I'd go for an ACA 1ct G which is plenty white and $1K less. I have seen a 1ct G in person and it is very nice size and color. If your gal isn't stuck on an F you might consider going down in color and keeping to 1ct.

Whatever you decide you'll be happy with a WF ACA. They are gorgeous.

But to answer your question, I'd rather have a full 1ct if the budget would allow.

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Nice Pick Wallycat, There really isn''t much change in color if you went down to a G. Look at this one 1.053 G SI-1 on their list. Saves you a thousand to spend on your honeymoon or wedding. Once you put a diamond on a girls finger, even if they never have looked at diamonds before, that upgrade gene will kick in someday. All ACA''s are upgradeable so keep that in mind. The stone you have picked out is beautiful I''m sure, but so is saving a thousand. I would not go down in size either if you can afford it. Good Luck!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2008 8:49:06 PM
Author:Wallycat2
Well after tons of research and help from PS, Im getting close. I guess my biggest debate over the last few days is old .90 versus 1.0 debate. Im still not 100% decided. What I am sure of is buying from Whiteflash as Tracy has been most helpful. Ive also settled on the setting which I''ll link below also.

I''ll ask you guys weigh in if you care to, on the old .90 versus 1.0 debate. My soon to be is pretty simple and wouldn''t tell the difference but at the same time I don''t plan on ever upgrading and I want her to have the best and don''t want to regret skimping here.

I''d also like you guys to weigh in on the H&A I am reviewing which is 1.04 carats:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848204.htm

There is no heart pic yet, but Tracy says it''s eye clean and I trust her.

The debate is this diamond versus several .90 range that are all very clean H&A''s with varying combo''s of color/clarity. All would save me roughly $900-$1,00. If you want to see the .90''s I could post them.

Here''s the setting, simple and elegant like my girlfriend, I just love this setting and can''t get away from it:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Flush-Fit--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1063.htm

Thanks in advance!
Then I would go for the carat.

Wallycat2

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! I agree with all of you I would love to drop to a G to save the money. Just haven''t quite find the right one in G color yet. Bagel the one you pointed out unfortunately is not eye clean per WF. Thanks for the reminder about upgrading. That''s a great thing to keep in the back of your mind. I''ll let you guys know how I make out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2008 6:08:15 AM
Author: Wallycat2
Thanks all! I agree with all of you I would love to drop to a G to save the money. Just haven''t quite find the right one in G color yet. Bagel the one you pointed out unfortunately is not eye clean per WF. Thanks for the reminder about upgrading. That''s a great thing to keep in the back of your mind. I''ll let you guys know how I make out.
Let us know how you get on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results