shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help Halo setting bezel vs prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Will do!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you
2.gif
Keep up posted.

Sometimes I wonder if Pricescope is not going to become the scare of every jewelry designer with an e-ring line !
11.gif

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
It''s back and it''s perfect!!! Thanks again for all who helped.

IMG_3027a.jpg

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
another picture....

IMG_3031a.JPG

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
not a very good one
emcry.gif

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
let''s try this one....

IMG_3031b.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! I''m so glad it worked out for you....I love happy endings..
5.gif

widget

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Looks much better, GE. I''m so glad you are happy and all worked out well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great, so happy for you GE!!!!!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is perfect now. It looks much better than before. Glad Beaudry came through for you and you are happy and satisfied with your ring.

Art Nouveau

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing looking ring! Glad it all worked out... now back to staring at pics of your ring!!!!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yummy! that is really fantastic!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great and your ring is stunning! Very unique!

I tried on the WF bezel set halo and their WF prong set halo and one of the reasons I didn''t love the prong set halo is because to me it looked like the stone kind of overlaps onto the halo but I think it''s just a visual thing....because with the bezel set your eye has that definitive line to follow, but with a prong set the diamond''s sparkle almost blends with the halo sparkle so I think your eye has a harder time picking out the differentiation. But it''s totally a preference thing I think on how and where you want the placement of the halof/stone/how high etc etc!! Glad you got it all worked out. It looks great!

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Mara,
I know exactly what you are saying. Before when the prongs were set on the face of the halo they really were overlapping--now not so much. I do agree that a bezel set doesn''t have that illusion. It is so hard to chose. Mine actually came the first time as a bezel set but the jewler (who was in a different state), had ordered the prongs and they sent it back before I ever saw it. I wonder what it would have looked like that way???? I do absolutely love the way it turned out this go around--love the position of the prongs, the double claw prongs, the height of the daimond etc. I have seen some amazing bezel set halos too!!!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring...and I''m glad you got it the way you wanted it!

spon

Rough_Rock
Hi GE. I love your ring. My financee and I are about to order a customer halo ring and so I''m glad I found this thread. I think we''re going to go with a bezle setting in the hopes of minimizing any gap between the center stone and the halo. If you don''t mind me asking, how big is your center stone and thats the ct weight of the stones in the halo? THe center stone we''re getting is 1.22 ct and the jeweler said he halo would be around .3ct total, which seemed a little low to me. We''ll have no stones anywhere else except in the halo, but I want the surrounding stones to be big enough to see....

Maybe on of the experts could recommend a good surround ct weight for a 1.22 size center stone?

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
Hi Spon:
My center is 1.29 and the setting is approx .45 (halo and shank).
GE

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad this worked out for you. That ring is so lovely, and I love the prong set halo over the bezel myself. I really think it is just a preference thing as Mara said. Some looks just appeal more than others for me to wear. However, I can and do admire a great many rings (aka drool over) that I probably could not wear. Congrats on getting yours to be perfect for you. It really is beautiful.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results