shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP - FINAL DECISION ON TWO PEARS!!!

Which Pear??

• Pear Diamond #1 8.95x5.85

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Pear Diamond #2 9.46x5.85

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
I know I have been on this forum quite a bit over the past few months and I apologize if I am here posting too much, for me, a few grand is a MAJOR purchase for me and I want to know I received the very best I could at the time. I will reiterate what I am looking for below and show you two diamonds. PLEASE vote on your favorite one and show me your reasoning. These two are it, unless the pros here find another unicorn...

-Pear Shape
-I color
-1.00 carat+ (1.5 to 1.65 ratio) (8.75mm x 5.75mm or LARGER)
-Eye Clean
-

PEAR #1....

GIA 7226757331. 1.16 Carat, I color, SI1 clarity, 8.95x5.85x3.71, 1.53 ratio. $3650 price usd

https://vimeo.com/186482117

d1-1.jpg

d1-2.jpg

d1-3.jpg

d1-6.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a toss up for me. I like the faceting pattern on the second stone and it is bigger. The first stone has a little more red in it but it
is sort of a block through the center...not a pretty pattern to me plus it is smaller.

Did DK say which stone he thought was nicer? Like I said, it's somewhat of a toss up but I think(???) I* would go with the second stone
because I'm more into the symmetry and prefer that look in a pear.

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
I just sent David the link to the post. Yekuitial at ID is the owner of the 2nd stone, and his preference is #2, but it is very hard to say without having both stones in front of him.

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
WOW, dead even....

I was actually very happy with Stone #1, but the large bow-tie has scared me a bit.

The numbers of stone #2 have me excited, but the ASET is not as green towards the top, and the blue bow-tie may stand out a bit more. But this is the first stone I have ever purchased, so its really just a guess for me....

What I also like about Stone #2 is it belongs to Yekuitial, and he can custom make the ring for me right there all at once!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer #2 because the girdle outline is more pleasing to my eye. However, some PSers like more chunky pears.

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
cflutist - Thank you for commenting on your choice... You should know all about pears, I bet you looked at about 1,000 before deciding on that stunning pear in your avatar... WOW. Thanks again.

I would also appreciate everyone elses comments/questions/concerns. But I feel we have a winner here...

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
So looks like the diamond shops are closed until Wednesday for holiday. So I will have to wait until then to make my final decision. Which is a good thing I guess. ...

tduenas4520

Rough_Rock
Yekutial has been fantastic, I will be posting CAD's, Finished and Proposal photos. Very nervous, but very excited.

Anyone else have opinions?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    Who was Jean Schlumberger?
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    The Jewelry of Disney's Cruella
    He Said, "Yes!"
    He Said, "Yes!"

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.