shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EGL Certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leafster_2006

Rough_Rock

Hello All:

I just purchased a solitaire with the following specs:

Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Carat: 1.28
Cut: ideal
Pavilion depth: 43%
Crown hight: 15.1%
Polish: excellent
Symmetry: excellent
Flourences: faint

Measurements: 7.04x7.01x4.29
Table 52%
Depth: 61%

I compaired my diamond with others in the store with higher grading (F and G color) and I was not able to detect any difference in color

The certification is EGL and I paid $9,000 CAD$$, it is a Canadian diamond

By looking at the above information, would you kindly provide some feedback............... did I get a good deal? being the table just 52% can the cut be considered an ideal cut?

I have been reading a lot of negative comments on EGL certifications and I am getting very worried

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Leafster,

It appears it is a well cut diamond, do you know which EGL lab graded the diamond? EGL USA is thought to be the strongest EGL lab compared to some of the overseas branches, so this is very useful to know. Here is a tutorial on how the grading labs rank in case you haven''t seen it

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/grading.asp

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I kniw everyone is less thrilled with EGL... That being said- My stone is an EGL graded D SI1, and it ACTUALLY is a D color!! I''ve had it looked at by 3 different GIA certified gemologists, and i''ve seen it compared to a master set of stones myself. It''s gorgeous and I love it. Even though EGL has been known to grade a little softer, that does not mean that every stone they grade is off. If you love the stone but are worried for insurance/replacement value, then have it appraised by an independent appraiser, or just take it and love it!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results