shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help.. Diamond ear studs dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 3:33:14 PM
Author: Kimberly
You have a great budget and can get two lovely rocks online GIA or AGS certed. Use the easy to use search feature here and find your stones. It takes les than a minute.

PS.I never heard of the cert you speak of.
Yup thanks i did use the feature here and it gave me a rough est. of the prices but as i am really into 1 carat tw, if i go with GIA/ AGS the quality won''t be as good.. Oh ya and the Cert from GS Labs, i did a research, they are an aussie Lab. So i am not surprised now to know that no one has heard of them..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisio, do you like the martini setting? I have studs that are a nice size in the 4 prong and even with the plastic disc on the back of my ear I do not loke how they sit on my ear. I think my piering on one ear is slightly off, but cannot be really dealt with. I love the way the martini setting helps it lay so nicely but before I go back to the store and see if they will do it, I am a bit concerned about it since my studs are pretty big and I do not want them to look odd sitting there...thanks!

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
OK.... quotes, quotes and more quotes..

Have called WF but the person wasn't so friendly, she did mention the discounts which was minimal and told me for the expert selections its not certified.. which ain't impt to me but then again its a online purchase and my husband is ultra skeptical..
40.gif
But as for the certified stones, the grades were okay but bout 500 bucks more for other quotes i have gotten.. well they have ags/Gia cert after all, so i guess its the name i am paying for..

For Price wise i think most likely i will try Spencers...
25.gif
Though they are EGL-USA certs, they are F coloured and SI2s, will see how that turns out.. I heard from the friendly lady that it is brilliant too!!

Here are the specs:

Carat Weight
Carat Weight

Color
F
Color
F

Clarity
SI2
Clarity
SI2

Dimensions
5.37 x 5.32 x 3.16
Dimensions
5.33 x 5.29 x 3.17

Cert
EGL USA
Cert
EGL USA

Depth
59.10%
Depth
59.80%

Table
58%
Table
58%

Fluorescence
None
Fluorescence
None

Girdle
Very Thin to Thin
Girdle
Thin to Medium

Culet
None
Culet
None

Crown %
13.5%
Crown %
14.10%

Pavilion %
43.5%
Pavilion %
42.80%

Polish
Very Good
Polish
Good

Symmetry
Good
Symmetry
Good

$1,065.00 , $1,050.00 Respectively, So what do you guys think? Any Comments? Thanks...

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''d say go for the Spencer earrings as long as their return policy is good so that if you don''t like them you can send them back.

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Hi Islanddreams...

Thank you for the support!! I guess you have seen the descripttion and thought that its ok huh..
Ya i was thinking their return policy seems great so i am not so afraid..
5.gif

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamondfan,
Yes, I love the martini setting - my ear holes are a bit wonky too, but the martini seems to make them lay a bit tighter to the ear, so not as noticeable.

Hi Fadedsenses,
Hope you are happy with what Spencer has for you - let us know!

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Hi there Fisiogrl

Thanks!! The lady from WF is supposed to email me with more information bout the diamond i called for but i waited for 2 days without any reply, so we went ahead with Spencers and spencers.
My hubby did a wire transfer yesterday and got us a further reduction of 2.25%, its a pity my budget is slightly tight for WF as well.. And the earrings should be here next week since its already the weekends..
I hope i will be happy too.. Its my FIRST time buying diamonds online!!

I will keep you wonderful people posted..
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see I am late here..but the specs you posted on the Spencer earrings seem okay...it's hard to say in terms of how great the cut will look, with something like a 58% table and 59.5% depth they will be brilliant but not too sure about the cut quality...but you will know when you see them!!

However, going through this thread maybe that's not what you are after, aka superideals. For $1k each though I'd definitely not be buying from Spencers, because I am so darn picky on quality aka cut obsessed and from what I have seen on their site re: their stones, I wasn't that impressed. But that's just me.

The WF Expert Selection earring stones (pre-set) may not be certified but they are certainly spectacular....we saw them in person in TX and we saw blazing hot arrows, so yummy. I would not hesitate to go with them if I was doing pre-set. Then again I have learned that cut is the most important thing having had a not-so-great-cut stone originally. I'm an obsessed convert.

Did you also check out some other PS vendors like GOG or DCD or Wink? GOG had some pre-set I1's that someone posted recently that looked amazing. Oh and I would SO consider I1 for an earring if it was a GIA or AGS cert and it was white inclusions.

I would definitely exhaust all options of research before plunking down $2k. Good luck!

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2005 7:00:22 PM
Author: Mara
I see I am late here..but the specs you posted on the Spencer earrings seem okay...it''s hard to say in terms of how great the cut will look, with something like a 58% table and 59.5% depth they will be brilliant but not too sure about the cut quality...but you will know when you see them!!

However, going through this thread maybe that''s not what you are after, aka superideals. For $1k each though I''d definitely not be buying from Spencers, because I am so darn picky on quality aka cut obsessed and from what I have seen on their site re: their stones, I wasn''t that impressed. But that''s just me.

The WF Expert Selection earring stones (pre-set) may not be certified but they are certainly spectacular....we saw them in person in TX and we saw blazing hot arrows, so yummy. I would not hesitate to go with them if I was doing pre-set. Then again I have learned that cut is the most important thing having had a not-so-great-cut stone originally. I''m an obsessed convert.

Did you also check out some other PS vendors like GOG or DCD or Wink? GOG had some pre-set I1''s that someone posted recently that looked amazing. Oh and I would SO consider I1 for an earring if it was a GIA or AGS cert and it was white inclusions.

I would definitely exhaust all options of research before plunking down $2k. Good luck!
Hi Mara..

Yup.. guess you were late.. they have recieved the money but then again if i am dissapointed with spencers i can always return them without incurring any return fees.. from your opinion my confidence is a liitle affected since i know that you have lotsa knowledge on diamonds..

Well i have to explain , this is my FIRST time buying something like this online, and for you are lucky to be able to see the expert selection with your own eyes, i wish i could too.. but since i can''t i will have to at least have something for me to believe in like a cert at least... And you are rite!!! I am not looking for the superideals.. Just something thats worth my hubby''s hard earned cash
3.gif

I have seen GOG but its over my budget for the size i want.. i have been looking for a 1 carat tw earrings for ages.. i haven''t seen DCD / wink though. Can you enlighten me on the stones Spencers have? Are they of poor quality? I know that EGL-USA isn''t exactly the best cert to tell me what i have bought, but well she said eye clean.. so i shall see... I really need luck huh..
2.gif

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
If u list the crown angle or an idealscope people could comment more.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my Whiteflash earrings and they are stunners. I can hardly stop looking at them. I would go with their Expert Selection in a heartbeat. From what I''ve heard from people who have been to their shop in person, you really can''t tell much if any difference between the expert selection and their premium "A Cut Above" diamonds. Then again, 1 carat in gold settings is just a shade above your budget at $2k, factoring a 2% discount. Unfortunately I''ve tried and can''t get a good picture that shows how fabulous they are. WF did send me a picture of the diamonds (before mounting) and I can''t figure out how to copy it here.

Well, good luck with the Spencer diamonds, you''ll have to let us know how you like them. I think you may be the first person on this forum to puchase from them.

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/11/2005 2:01:27 PM
Author: portoar
I just got my Whiteflash earrings and they are stunners. I can hardly stop looking at them. I would go with their Expert Selection in a heartbeat. From what I''ve heard from people who have been to their shop in person, you really can''t tell much if any difference between the expert selection and their premium ''A Cut Above'' diamonds. Then again, 1 carat in gold settings is just a shade above your budget at $2k, factoring a 2% discount. Unfortunately I''ve tried and can''t get a good picture that shows how fabulous they are. WF did send me a picture of the diamonds (before mounting) and I can''t figure out how to copy it here.

Well, good luck with the Spencer diamonds, you''ll have to let us know how you like them. I think you may be the first person on this forum to puchase from them.

Hi Portoar!!!

I think i saw your earrings!! Wow they are definitely stunners alrite.. am so glad for you
As for me i will let all of you know what i have got, but i am sure it won''t be as stunning as yours.. considering the price i have paid.. well babys coming so we really have a tight budget of $2K, but honestly if Spencers diamonds ain''t at all pretty i guess i will have to fork out another few hundreds..
39.gif

Yup i guess i am the first to try Spencers out.. will keep you guys posted.... meanwhile enjoy your earrings!!!
12.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Yayy!!! My earrings arrived this afternoon!! Though it isn''t complete as the EGL-USA cert is sent out by post.. i have to thank Caroline of Spencers for alowing me to own this pair of beautiful studs asap.

The Colour is white, the clarity SI2, though i have heard not so good stuff bout EGL, this pair was like she described, EYE CLEAN, and the cut is wow.. great.. esp in broad day light... I love it.. my husband haven''t got the chance to see the diamonds in the day yet and i am so eager to show him!!

As the first person (i think) dealing with Spencers and Spencers, i will give them a 9!! Plus the pricescope discount... it was the best of both worlds!!

Will update with my husbands opinions tomorrow and hopefully i would be able to take a nice pic of it!!

Spencers are definitely reputable and have gotten the best service so far...
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

Very glad to hear they are such a big improvement over the first disappointing pair you had, and that you love them. You got a great bargain and a beautiful pair of earrings -- what could be better? We''re looking forward to pictures.

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
I have uploaded pics of my ear studs from Spencers.. taken outdoors, with outcast evening light,what do you guys think?
9.gif

Anyways i recieved a pleasant surprise from WF, an email from John.
1.gif

He saw my post mentioning that the staff whom have answered my phonecall wasn''t that friendly and he extended his help and explainations, he is wonderful to work with i could see, If i theres a chance i would look for John from WF to see what he can help me with. Now i know why everybody is crazy over WF.. i could see their reason!!
He bothered to email me even though i have already purchsed my studs from Spencers!!
Thank you John for the emails and i am really amazed by the way you handled the whole situation..
6.gif

I am sure there will be a chance that you will be able to help me in future..
1.gif

CIMG0191.JPG

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They look beautiful Faded!

Congratulations!

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Thanks Patty!! I thought they were so beautiful despite reading stuff bout EGL certed diamonds.
They are SI2s and Surprisingly totally eye clean...

Thank you Pricescope!!! (and for the extra discounts purchased thru the vendors here
31.gif
)
My first online purchase have been wonderful... All thanks to the help i have gotten here..
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
we still want to see ear shots
2.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/17/2005 9:46:25 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
we still want to see ear shots
2.gif
Alritety Tacori E-ring..

Will get my husband to do that tomorrow.. i think he is gonna think that i am crazy over my new studs!!!
Hope i will be able capture it well!!
31.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Hi there, i have posted an ear shot..

I think its either the lighting ain''t any good or its my hubbys lousy photographic skills..
btw pls don''t mind the pregnancy blemishes...
emsmilep.gif

CIMG0223.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh they are just gorgeous!!! When are you due??
30.gif
36.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Hi Kaleigh
35.gif

Thanks!! Dunno much about the studs whether if they are which level of the hearts and arrow cut though.. But they look really alive i wonder why?
But close up pictures i managed to see the arrows though.. These are just regular EGL-USA certed diamonds..for the price i paid ($1994) and size(1.05 tw) i think its considered alrite ya? Any comments?

Oh and i am in my 37th week.. so as long as the kiddo''s ready.. i might just be due anytime, anywhere soon...
19.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are about to pop soon. Good luck, and come back and let us know what you have!!! Best wishes to you and hubby, and a safe delivery of your bundle of joy!!
12.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 6:07:31 PM
Author: kaleigh
Wow, you are about to pop soon. Good luck, and come back and let us know what you have!!! Best wishes to you and hubby, and a safe delivery of your bundle of joy!!
12.gif
Yup its really anytime now...
32.gif

Will keep you updated!! thank you for the well wishes.. i wish the same for your family too.

Merry Christmas in advance from our family to yours..
5.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
pretty earrings! i''m a big fan of four prong diamond stud earrings, and the size you got is perfect! good luck with your new baby!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that was a very large photo, I feel like I know you intimately now...hee hee.
9.gif

nice sparkly earrings, congratulations!!! congrats also on the impending bundle of joy.
2.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 10:10:09 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
pretty earrings! i''m a big fan of four prong diamond stud earrings, and the size you got is perfect! good luck with your new baby!!!
36.gif
35.gif
Hi there.. thanks... the studs have been real pretty!
9.gif

i love 4 prongs too..yup 1 carat tw is the most i can go, any bigger i think i will look like i have fat ear lobes
3.gif

I really have to thank pricescope for giving me the courage to purchase online!!
The people here are really great!! Really knowledgeble and helpful... Now even my husbands been reading the forums here, we were both addicted to the posts here and how beautiful diamonds can be, in many different ways..

Thanks for the well wishes too!! i see you have a very cute dog.. mine just went to heaven 2 mths back.

39.gif
Anyways have merry christmas!!
12.gif

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 10:19:50 PM
Author: Mara
WOW that was a very large photo, I feel like I know you intimately now...hee hee.
9.gif

nice sparkly earrings, congratulations!!! congrats also on the impending bundle of joy.
2.gif

Hi Mara..

Hhahahahah yup its a gigantic pic which i am trying to delete and repost but of no success, reading what you mentioned have cracked me up!!
9.gif
Anyways i have been reading the forum everyday so i kinda know you a little too, though i dun know how many moles you have on your ear lobes.. hahahahahha..
3.gif

The earrings are great for the price i think or rather hope..
5.gif

Uhuh babys on the way.. and yes i know that the baby will brings us joy with gods blessings..
12.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Fadedsenses, your new earrings look very dazzly and beautiful - you deserve a wonderful gift like that. Congratulations and best wishes for the impending birth, I hope everything goes well.

Fadedsenses

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2005 12:25:55 AM
Author: MiniMouse
Fadedsenses, your new earrings look very dazzly and beautiful - you deserve a wonderful gift like that. Congratulations and best wishes for the impending birth, I hope everything goes well.

Hi Mini Mouse
35.gif
35.gif

Thank you for the encouragement!! I , too hope that everything will go well.. its my first baby after all.. can''t help but to feel happy yet afraid all at the same time.
Even perfect cut diamonds have got its bright and dark side... just like MOtherhood..
3.gif

Thanks for the comments for the earrings too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results