shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help a size whore out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 7:21:57 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
JJ - So funny that you mention the size chart... I actually printed the damn thing out, cut out the 3 and 4 ct sized circles and put them on my finger.

Am I a lunatic or what???
I did the same thing...I suppose I"m a lunatic too.

hunt7191

Rough_Rock
Dee Jay, I am in a similar boat with my stone. I have a 2.0 princess that I would like to tradeup for a 3.0 round. Just an FYI, my friends with 1.5 ct. rounds look larger than my 2.0 princess. Do you have any suggestions on where to sell a stone. I have found stones online that I like but no one will take stones in as inventory. I have a GIA certificate as well. My husband will not let me keep it, I''ve already gone down that road
emsmile.gif
Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated! Also, I''ve been looking at ovals as well and appreciate your feedback. I saw the dimensions but am curious on your ct. weight? The rounds I''ve been looking at are about 9.3. BTW .... In my opinion there is no such thing as a size whore when it comes to stones. That would be the equivilant of saying you are an engine whore when buying a sportscar. They go hand and hand!
emwink.gif

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Good analogy Hunt, I like your thinking
31.gif
17.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hunt - love the analogy! As for your stone. If you go the oval route look at a TON of them before you pick one, and in as many different lighting and environments as you can. Mine looked great in the store loose, it''s only set and in different lighting that it irritates me.

As for selling your stone, Can you get the person you got it from to take it in trade? That would probably bring you the most amount of $ toward your next stone. I am having quite a bit of success with vendors in my area being willing to take my oval in trade, so try that route too. And finally, give Bill Pearlman a call and see if he''s willing to work with you. He''s a doll!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WS, main goal here is a different shape but I''m trying not to go visually smaller in the process if I can help it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, I a not a great one to comment because I believe in go bigger if you can do it without too much stress or needing a new hubby in the process! Some things are not good bigger, like butts, but with a well cut diamond I say get the most you can that works for your hand and lifestyle. (and you can grow into it if you feel it is too much!!!) Prices are going up and though that is not a reason per se, if you are inclined, take that extra time and think it through, and I am sure you will end up with the perfect harmony you want. Such fun!!! A good issue to have, I say

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS LizzyD, is there a 12 step for us nutty obsessed people? Not to thread jack, but I love Boston and get there a lot! One of my favorite cities!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
"PS LizzyD, is there a 12 step for us nutty obsessed people? Not to thread jack, but I love Boston and get there a lot! One of my favorite cities!"

Glad to hear you like my hometown! We just had a wicked party here last night. It was even on TV. Didjya see us?
9.gif

I don''t know of any 12 stepp program for us nutties, but I''m not sure I''d want to be cured of this affliction anyway. I enjoy it too much, and I can control it any time I want. I can. Really, I can...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 12:42:32 PM
Author: marvel

Date: 6/24/2006 7:21:57 PM
JJ - So funny that you mention the size chart... I actually printed the damn thing out, cut out the 3 and 4 ct sized circles and put them on my finger.

Am I a lunatic or what???
I did the same thing...I suppose I''m a lunatic too.
So ladies... where do you download these charts so I can start pasting little pieces of paper to my finger??? :D :D

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chart

The double sided tape is key to this process!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2006 4:53:41 PM
chart

The double sided tape is key to this process!
:::::grins::::: THANKS!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results