shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help a newbie buy diamond studs!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I could use some help buying my first pair of real diamond stud earrings. I have been reading enough here to know that I know nothing! Is there an existing thread that can point me to what I need to know for my first diamond stud purchase?

We just got our refund check from DIsney for our annual passes (covid) so I have about $1,000 to spend. I have 4 tiny kids so I want studs for everyday wear - so they cant pull them out!

The most important things to me are sparkle and I would love something thats at least 4mm for ear "coverage." I know that clarity is not as important in diamond studs and color maybe also less important if you have a great cut?

What are the top 2 things I need to know? And then where should I be shopping? White Flash might not be in the budget? Brian Gavin? James Allen? I think I may be able to upgrade in a few years, so a place that has a trade in/upgrade option would be good.

THANK YOU for taking the time to educator me or point me to a pre-existing thread!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Whiteflash ACA’s have a great upgrade policy. You could buy a smallish pair now and upgrade later pretty easily. Another option that may be good for you would be IDJewelry. I have not used them but a lot of people have. Ask for “PriceScope quality” diamonds and have Yeuketiel hand select them. I think G/H color and eye clean SI clarity would work just fine in a diamond stud. We all have to make sacrifices according to our budget but if you have the upgrade policy than it does give peace of mind. Im sure others can chime in here with more options. Good luck!!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash ACA’s have a great upgrade policy. You could buy a smallish pair now and upgrade later pretty easily. Another option that may be good for you would be IDJewelry. I have not used them but a lot of people have. Ask for “PriceScope quality” diamonds and have Yeuketiel hand select them. I think G/H color and eye clean SI clarity would work just fine in a diamond stud. We all have to make sacrifices according to our budget but if you have the upgrade policy than it does give peace of mind. Im sure others can chime in here with more options. Good luck!!

Thanks for your response. It looks like White flash might start at $1,372? But I could be searching wrong!

I have not heard of IDJewelry so I will look into that, thank you!

I was also thinking I would be comfortable with G/H and SI.

Thanks again!

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
So many of the lower price Brian Gavin pairs say"image coming soon" - is there a way to search by pairs that already have an image provided?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe if you reach out to them and ask what they have available in budget? Might be easier than searching...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results