Which profile/basket?

• Madison

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Petite cathedral

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I am having a 5mm (guessing .5-.6) family stone set into a rose gold halo with approx .25tcw. I've decided to work with eternity by yoni. These are my two options. (Note I am not having diamonds on the shank or basket, just on the halo..

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Petite-Cathedral-Diamond-Halo-Ring-435.htm#

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Madison-Round-Halo-Ring-529.htm#

I'm wanting a soft delicate/floralesque looking ring that I will enjoy the profile of and while the Madison meets this brief in the stock image I am worried the Madison may be a bit angular/saucerish to be pretty in a small size especially without diamonds on the gallery. (I've attached a small stone version picture of a similar BGD ring to assist with visualising).

The petite cathedral appeals less to me in the cgi photo but I think with a couple of modifications could be nicer in a smaller size. - I would ask for the actual halo of the Madison instead and also would ask for the cathedral shoulders to be tucked under the halo vs to the side of it. In pictures I don't like cathedrals too much but in real life on my fingers I tend to prefer them.

I know this is a small boring ring by pricescope standards but I don't think I will ever upgrade and being in Australia plus going semi custom I don't have a chance to return so have to get it right, and I'm a Gemini so decisions are not my strong suit!!. I was quite set on the Madison but was looking at my hand yesterday and the thought of an angular saucer on it didn't appeal to me - I think the style loses some charm in small sizes? Any help or opinions are welcome. You are all so experienced and knowledgable and know jewellery fashion and trends and I need those kinds of opinions as my friends or partner can't see the importance in these minor differences!

_674.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please give opinions on which halo profile would be nice

much prefer the cathedral. My personal opinion is the other one does look very flying saucerish.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Petite-Cathedral-Diamond-Halo-Ring-435.htm#
Very high set diamond and very high basket making this ring a pain to wear on a daily basis because it is going to get caught on everything or at least banged around a lot.

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Madison-Round-Halo-Ring-529.htm#
Low set but not to low and the tilted halo prevents it from looking like a flying saucer. I prefer this setting. I do not like the BGD version because the halo is made on a flat plane, exacerbating the flying saucer look.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I much prefer the Madison - but I love the one tyty333 linked to from JA.

Can you explain why you'd rather not have melee down the shank? I think it adds a lot to both those styles (the Madison and the JA ring). Either one seems like a winner to me.

ETA - just to add...the Madison in yellow gold...be still my heart!!!

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

James Allen won't allow you to buy the setting only will they? I agree ts very nice.

The diamond free shank is mostly to increase its life, I don't want to baby the ring too much, and also I like the look of a plain shank with a halo.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

Ah I just saw that they will but you have to contact them. What a dilemma. This does not help my decision making :p is the jakes Allen style preferred then? I do like it, I'm just not sure if it will look cheaper due to smaller diamonds in the halo? Is that wrong of me to worry about? I suppose with a smaller stone I really do want to get a lovely setting. Buying 'off the rack' would be easier and cheaper though which is appealing and I can see the ring 'works' as is.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shellcm -

I like the James Allen ring - BUT - I would definitely go with the Eternity by Yoni setting and have it hand made (rather than cast). If it were me, and I was worried about wear and tear, I'd do away with the stones on the struts and on the donut, but I'd keep the stones on the band as I think it's part of the inherent design.

And no, it's not wrong to want your ring to look as classy as possible - why wouldn't you? I say go for the best you can afford and enjoy it forever.

(and I'm still voting for the Madison)

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shellcm|1446751930|3946072 said:
James Allen won't allow you to buy the setting only will they? I agree ts very nice.

The diamond free shank is mostly to increase its life, I don't want to baby the ring too much, and also I like the look of a plain shank with a halo.

I didnt/dont think JA sells just their settings. I was just trying to give you some more options especially if you thought the
petite was too high.

I'm one of those people who likes the contrast of the halo with the plain metal band. I say do what you like. Diamonds on
the shank or no diamonds on the shank, both are beautiful.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

I'm afraid the Madison with diamonds on the shank would tip it out of my price range. If I wanted diamonds on the shank it would need to be the James Allen or the David klass ring.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock

One other thing I like about a plain band is I can then get a diamond wedding band. I don't love matching bands.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just to add - James Allen does set other diamonds in their settings. Blue Nile does not. JA does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results