carat
color
clarity

Please give me some opinions on this cad

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1368228268|3444521 said:
I have two thoughts going on in my head ..

1. I am still in love with the ring I loved 7 years ago. The Daniel K Split Crown.

2. How is JA better than DK?

Not so concerned about me living it in 7 years. I think I will. I would have loved my pear forever if it sparkled like a round. Thats something others have brought up, andI aappreciate bringing it to my attention, but its not a real concern for me.

The only reason I'm swayed by JA over DK is because I can't tell if people don't like him because of the copying, or his quality, and I've seen lots of JA settings here with fine enough quality, and my temp setting is fine for what it is as well.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Niel,
I think you should hang on to your diamonds buy this from JbEG, it's $3,850. It has rounds and cute pear's to remind you of your Ritani ring.

img_9501-m.jpg

img_9496-m.jpg

img_9489-m.jpg

_6216.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i had been eyeing that sense i joined ps . Its very pretty, but im not sure about the quality of the stones... its been there for sale for ever i feel like. makes me wonder.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I remember reading somewhere that JbEG either has a good policy if you don't like something or that they send rings for you to look at before buying. They also have a setting for a three stone ring that has CZ in it that is really low in price. Have you checked out all of their three and five stone rings. I'm sure you have, did you see the trinity pave ring, it made me think of yours. (I think that's the name of yours)

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1368234307|3444601 said:
i had been eyeing that sense i joined ps . Its very pretty, but im not sure about the quality of the stones... its been there for sale for ever i feel like. makes me wonder.
(my Verragio set has been for sale with them since Oct last year) :|

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Niel, I've been off PS much of this week and just saw this thread. I know the last thing you need is another opinion, but I'm going to give mine anyways :wink2: because we seem to have very similar taste (at least we have many of the same fantasy rings!).

So, for what it's worth, I think you'd love a five stone. It's gorgeous, blingy, comfortable, unique and the shape pairs perfectly with your beloved Cartier. I think the modified CAD with the lowered stones is beautiful (definitely keep the cathedral shoulders). I know you really love a good claw prong, so I'd choose my vendor based on budget of course and then which can deliver the unplaced WG and prongs that make your heart flutter.

I'm actually rarely one to enable but in this case I gotta say DO IT!! I think you'll love it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1368246785|3444728 said:
Niel, I've been off PS much of this week and just saw this thread. I know the last thing you need is another opinion, but I'm going to give mine anyways :wink2: because we seem to have very similar taste (at least we have many of the same fantasy rings!).

So, for what it's worth, I think you'd love a five stone. It's gorgeous, blingy, comfortable, unique and the shape pairs perfectly with your beloved Cartier. I think the modified CAD with the lowered stones is beautiful (definitely keep the cathedral shoulders). I know you really love a good claw prong, so I'd choose my vendor based on budget of course and then which can deliver the unplaced WG and prongs that make your heart flutter.

I'm actually rarely one to enable but in this case I gotta say DO IT!! I think you'll love it!

Rosebloom! You're enabling is welcome. I appreciate your opinion more than you think! Thank you.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom said it perfectly. You would be happy with the five stone. I'm sure DK can make a nice setting for you. I have a hard time making decisions. I have learned that for me sometimes it's best to go with my first choice and not ask for opinions, just muddies the water and then I'm torn over what to do. You were drawn to that setting. I'm sure it will be a gorgeous wall of sparkle. The cad looks
great. Go for it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1368280167|3444865 said:

Rosebloom said it perfectly. You would be happy with the five stone. I'm sure DK can make a nice setting for you. I have a hard time making decisions. I have learned that for me sometimes it's best to go with my first choice and not ask for opinions, just muddies the water and then I'm torn over what to do. You were drawn to that setting. I'm sure it will be a gorgeous wall of sparkle. The cad looks
great. Go for it!

This is me. I can help other people think out and make logical decisions for themselves. But i have a very hard time with myself, my emotions take over.

So where i am at now, im thinking absolutely 5 stone. I tend to agree its not a "engagement"y as a solitaire or 3 stone, but with my wedding band i think itll just look so low key yet fabulous. Understated yet can command attention. Now its a matter of who to go with. JA seems to be a good choice just because they can provide the stones and setting all at once, i only have to ship my ring back at the end(that they would insure and ship for free), and nothing else to worry about. Apparently they have seen this thread and my adjusted cad drawing the PP posted for me, says they can replicate it themselves.

But i think the DK would be a few hundred cheaper. He seems to be able to create my vision as well. Very nice guy who, at least on other forums, has gotten lots of very nice comments from very happy customers. But i have to worry about shipping, insurance, and i have seen a few of his designs were i thought "not quite as finished as id like".... but a few people here have made comments that his work would be up to par, and i trust them on that. But the few hundred i would save is it worth the shipping around and the worry and the extra work? Maybe. I dont know.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! I'm so glad you're going with the five stone. I think you'll love it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

I'd probably pick a vendor based on who I thought would work with me best in the case that when it was made there was something I didn't love and needed to have tweaked.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like JA is the way to go.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with Klass in this case because he seems to bend over to make his clients happy when they are not immediately happy, and because custom budget-friendly is his entire business model. JA is not known on the boards for custom work.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1368326760|3445262 said:
I would go with Klass in this case because he seems to bend over to make his clients happy when they are not immediately happy, and because custom budget-friendly is his entire business model. JA is not known on the boards for custom work.

+1

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I got another design idea to throw in here .... it's more than a 5 stone but looks very e-ring like. Not sure how the porportions will work with your stone though. I really like the profile view.

128-620.jpg
128-620_00_detail.jpg

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Charmy! I love your suggestions!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
From Pearlmans closeout section: A Jaffe Platinum trellis ring $3k size 7.25 (your size!!!!) and will hold a .80ct center.
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/317CO1/0/

It's a five stone trellis with .61ct side diamonds included with the setting. Can't figure out how to post the pic here.

A Jaffe is a high quality designer brand. Visit the link to see it. Pearlmans might work with you on price, it's been on closeout for over a year.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1368413267|3445780 said:
From Pearlmans closeout section: A Jaffe Platinum trellis ring $3k size 7.25 (your size!!!!) and will hold a .80ct center.
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/317CO1/0/

It's a five stone trellis with .61ct side diamonds included with the setting. Can't figure out how to post the pic here.

A Jaffe is a high quality designer brand. Visit the link to see it. Pearlmans might work with you on price, it's been on closeout for over a year.

Nice find!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! Nice finds ladies!! Charmy the story behind that RItani made me all teary. :((

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1368413377|3445782 said:
woofmama|1368413267|3445780 said:

Nice find!!

Oh great find guys! I have always loved that Ritani setting (of course) but I'd want to know the cut quality of the stones.....

That Jaffe would be perfect but I just do think those stones would match mine.

Whiteflash said they could do the setting in my budget, I wasn't planning on even asking them but long story, the problem was the aides were Js and the last set was Hs. I'm reluctant to go that route because I do think I'd see a difference.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Call Julian at Pearlmans and ask him to hold a j-k mrb next to it to compare. He is great to work with and could give you his opinion, maybe email a picture or two. Worth a try.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this in my other thread but Christina was nice enough to mention this thread had more posts, so it might be worth posting over here.

uploadfromtaptalk1369431738883.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results