shape
carat
color
clarity

Please!! Give me advice between 3 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi sweet!

Honestly, they''re all nice. I''d go for the ES H, as long as it''s eyeclean.

sweet3

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend really does not want me to get an I, but I like the size. Would I be able to tell the difference in size between the I 1.2 measurement 6.91 and the H 1.14 measurement 6.81?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 6:32:51 PM
Author: sweet3
My boyfriend really does not want me to get an I, but I like the size. Would I be able to tell the difference in size between the I 1.2 measurement 6.91 and the H 1.14 measurement 6.81?
Side by side, maybe. But all alone, no, we''re talking a miniscule amount.
2.gif

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the ACA "I"... I just purchased one. It is fantastically perfect in every way. I was worried about the color but I think the perfect cut compensates for the lower color. Check it out and decide for yourself.

Here is a pic of the ring

Pic of the stone by itself - you can detect the color through the side in the 3rd pic down. This is obviously an unrealistic viewing condition, but i thought it was important to see the stone "at its worst". Scroll down in the ring shots and you can see how it looks from the side when set...

If you're still worried, go with the H. I don't think the difference in color between the two is as profound as it may seem in the comparison pics. Most people can not detect the difference in stones between one- two color grades. Definately stick with the ACA.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d get one of the ACAs.
The size and price are so close I’d ignore them.

Next the H is New Line for broader flashes of light.
The I is Classic for more scintilation – in a nutshell.
(I consider them both to be equally beautiful, but you may want too do a search about it.)

I like the location of the inclusions on the I better.
The H has a feather at the girdle.

The H has an old AGS report.
Were their cut standards back then identical to those of the new reports?

HCA Scores:
The I gets 0.9 Ex Ex Ex VG
The H gets 1.6 Ex VG VG VG

I’d go with the I.

sweet3

Rough_Rock
thanks jake i really appreciate that

sweet3

Rough_Rock
so kenny your saying that the I would have more sparkle? as for the feather in the girdle, can that be covered by a prong? i am getting a six prong band

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
The feather on the girdle poses durability problems more than anything. But to answer your question, Yes..it could probably be covered with a prong.

sweet3

Rough_Rock
i am still unsure. i don''t want to hesitate to show it to people worried that they may see yellow. should i worry? so the only deciding factor here is the color, correct? because both will be equally sparkly and reflect light (i read that about the classic and new line and did not understand it very much). and both will be very similar in size correct?

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
don't hesitate... I had the same reservations. I wanted it to be perfect to the average person. Trust me, when you get it you will have no reservations. I had an expert (NOT the seller) help me select the stone and he was comfortable with recommending the I. This is not your average jewelry store I color stone. I have compared it to my friends F face up (maybe it was a low F?), and all you can see is how much more sparkly the ACA is

sweet3

Rough_Rock
okay in the event that i get the I and am not comfortable with it, how much do we have to pay to return it, would we have to pay the cost of shipping it to me and also back to them?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you return a stone I think it they retain $55 of the refund to cover their outgoing shipping and insurance.
And you pay to ship it to them registered USPS insured, which costs about $25.

So it will cost you $80, but I will be surprised if you return it.
Carry it into jewelry stores to compare.
You will be amazed how much better the ACA will look.

I bought a similar New Line and a Classic to compare.
It took me a long time to notice the difference.
It is subtle, but both are equally stunning. No joke.
When I bought another ACA I gave no consideration to if it was Classic or New Line.
I showed the two side by side to several people and only asked which they liked better, it was a tie.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 7:43:35 PM
Author: sweet3
okay in the event that i get the I and am not comfortable with it, how much do we have to pay to return it, would we have to pay the cost of shipping it to me and also back to them?
They pay shipping to you, you pay to ship back. But to avoid all this, do you have a jeweler around that sells branded stones, like Hearts on Fire? If so, go in and look at different colors. Tell them you''ve just started looking and want to get a feel for what you can tolerate colorwise. BUT, look at them ALONE, in a window. Counter light hides lots of things, and if you look at two together, you may very well see a difference, but alone is much harder to tell.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Not sure... I had to ship my stone from the appraiser and that was around $70-$80 one way, Honestly if you are that worried about it purchase the H. I had originally set out to purchase an G-H VS2, but ended up with the I eyeclean SI1 ACA, based on the recommendations I got from my appraiser. They knew what I wanted a stone that I could be proud of and that was the stone that was selected. I am not trying to sell you on the I, but merely trying to relieve reservations if you are really considering it. If the H color will help you sleep at night go with it because its worth the extra $300 to have peace of mind. I am just here to say that the I is a beautiful stone and you probably couldn't tell the difference.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, when you ask for a refund from WF they hold back their outgoing shipping cost from your refund, about $55.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One possibility if you have the funds or the credit is buy both and return one.
I did.

THe best way to compare two diamonds is side by side.
In your home.
At work.
In your car.
At your romantic restaurant.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to politely disagree with kenny. ES stones do not make ACA''s for reasons almost no one knows, except the cutter, in most cases.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 7:52:20 PM
Author: kenny
Ellen, when you ask for a refund from WF they hold back their outgoing shipping cost from your refund, about $55.
Ok, didn''t know, thanks.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 7:53:52 PM
Author: Ellen
I'm going to politely disagree with kenny. ES stones do not make ACA's for reasons almost no one knows, except the cutter, in most cases.
If you look at their website usually its because the hearts are not distinct enough. But also, the ES usually do not have seem to typically have both ideal polish and symmetry either.

sweet3

Rough_Rock
did you guys notice the ASET, i don''t really if that is super important or what it tells, but the one on the I looks more perfect, would it be too much to ask for you guys opinion on that? thanks

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2006 8:02:09 PM
Author: the other Jake

Date: 12/9/2006 7:53:52 PM
Author: Ellen
I''m going to politely disagree with kenny. ES stones do not make ACA''s for reasons almost no one knows, except the cutter, in most cases.
If you look at their website usually its because the hearts are not distinct enough. But also, the ES usually do not have seem to typically have both ideal polish and symmetry either.
Maybe I should have worded it differently. It''s not something most people would notice in the stone itself. I''m not meaning to be argumentitive here, just trying to relay what has been said many times. There are those on here who have both, and can''t see a difference.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, some of us happily pay for things we cannot see. (Otherwise D IFs would not cost more.)

We can only inform about what the differences are, not whether they are worth the money to this particular buyer.

She did ask for our opinions and we are each offering ours based on our diamond values.

Sweet3 will decide what her diamond values are.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny, I totally agree.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
About ASET:

Basically its talking about where the diamond gets light...

Red represents light coming from angles where there is likely to be bright, direct sources of illumination in most viewing environments. This color is dominant inthe ASET image of a well-cut diamond.

Blue corresponds to light that normally is blocked by the viewer’s head and body.An ASET image with a moderate amount of this color in an attractive patternmeans the diamond has good contrast.

Green is produced by low-angle light, which usually is reflected from walls orother objects in the surroundings (rather than coming from direct sources). A diamond with a high cut quality may show small amounts of this color around thebezel area of the ASET image

Black or white appears in areas that do not return light under real-life viewing conditions

This is just one measure of light performance and should be used in accordance with other specifics of the stone.

sweet3

Rough_Rock
thanks jake, so in comparing the two, is the I superior? forgive all my questions. I am just trying to determine if there is any reason that woud make the H inferior other than the price difference (which is nothing).

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I like the arrows on the H better. Look at the top arrows of the I. You will notice that they are not as blue/ partly black... You can actually see this visually depicted in the comparison photo (i think). The top arrows are not as defined. I may be wrong on that. I am not an expert. Just someone that was in your shoes 4 weeks ago...

sweet3

Rough_Rock
thanks, have you given your ring to your g/f yet? if so what was her reaction...i don''t plan on looking at mine when it comes in only when he proposes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results