carat
color
clarity

Please evaluate this diamond

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I have decided to learn how to eval a good diamond. I'm not in the ACA camp and have spent the last few days just looking. I found two that looked promising to me, but I always have to think about what I am doing and they both were sold the next day. I'm trying again. I make no pretense at having real knowledge of cut and angles.
Here is one stone that has the arrows that line up. Depth 63, Tble 55, Crown Height 16.5 and under crown height it said 42%. It says Ex, ex ex

It is 1.01 ctw weight. 6.31x6.35. I thought I had note on ideal angles. Could you kindly post those for me. Comments please.

Thanks
Annette

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have one more. It is 112 ctw 6.58,x 6.60. Depth 62.5, table 58
15.5% crown height with 36 next to it.43%- 40.9. It says Ideal cut.

It has a vvs2 clarity. The plot shows the inclusions are on the table. If I look for them on the spinning diamond, I cannot find them or see them. Is this OK.?

The arrows line up as well.

Many thanks . If they are no good tell me. I seem to have some loose change and it doesn't want to stay in my pocket.(Lower Property tax bill)

Annete

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Did you post videos or photos? If so, I don’t see them. Yay lower property taxes!!

IMG_8191.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post the report and a pic or video

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Sorry, but I dont know how to move things from one place to another. If cut is some distribution of angles, couldnt you just look at the angles. CTW, color and clarity are determined =Just cut is the question?.

No pictures no video. Sorry

The angles look good to me on the second stone. Need confirmation

Annete

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,

I have one more. It is 112 ctw 6.58,x 6.60. Depth 62.5, table 58
15.5% crown height with 36 next to it.43%- 40.9. It says Ideal cut.

It has a vvs2 clarity. The plot shows the inclusions are on the table. If I look for them on the spinning diamond, I cannot find them or see them. Is this OK.?

The arrows line up as well.

Many thanks . If they are no good tell me. I seem to have some loose change and it doesn't want to stay in my pocket.(Lower Property tax bill)

Annete
table 58 36CA 40.9PA
Does not match up that well.
The PA should be closer to 40.6
That table and CA needs shorter star% to avoid issues.

Not finding vvs2 inclusions in videos unless you know where and what to look for is not unusual.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depth 63, Tble 55, Crown Height 16.5 and under crown height it said 42%. It says Ex, ex ex
Not enough data but 63 depth is on the deep side so not promising but could be a workable combo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never recommend buying a stone with no photos or videos. Angles only can tell you so much. But neither of the above have promising proportions

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
You can never judge the degree of pavilion twist from angles. You have to inspect how well the angles were executed.

Vladovici

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I have decided to learn how to eval a good diamond. I'm not in the ACA camp and have spent the last few days just looking. I found two that looked promising to me, but I always have to think about what I am doing and they both were sold the next day. I'm trying again. I make no pretense at having real knowledge of cut and angles.
Here is one stone that has the arrows that line up. Depth 63, Tble 55, Crown Height 16.5 and under crown height it said 42%. It says Ex, ex ex

It is 1.01 ctw weight. 6.31x6.35. I thought I had note on ideal angles. Could you kindly post those for me. Comments please.

Thanks
Annette

Hey,

if you provide at least a certificate number of a link to the diamond or any information about the purchase I can try and look up online videos or pictures of the stones which will help experts have a good look so you get best advice possible.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Thank you all. I will continue to look.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results