shape
carat
color
clarity

Please educate me on an oval 8ct

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
My mom had put a deposit on this 8ct+ oval diamond. She didn’t see the diamond in person. However I did see it in person and it took my breath away. It was in the dealers store lighting, but I had another diamond to compare it with.

It had bold flashes and I didn’t see any bow tie in person. I didn’t want to ask much about this diamond because I know I was not in the market for it. I went home and shared my thought about what I saw. However I don’t have any knowledge about oval. I would like to see if someone can educate me about this particular diamond.

I know this diamond have medium blue fluorescence. the dealer told me it had no effects on the diamond.

3902CF49-F0D7-4BC7-B397-C24A09FA875C.jpeg C4D07488-7EA5-4BDA-8C0A-182E372F26B1.jpeg 3479CBDF-13B4-477E-B79A-1A3993EC7575.jpeg

Attachments

• 98505CE9-275E-432C-B71E-795F6DE5332B.jpeg
    98505CE9-275E-432C-B71E-795F6DE5332B.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I want to find out what type of cut/ FaceTime is this oval? Is it 4 main? I see a lot of fancy color stone is cut this way, but colorless oval have the regular 4,6,8a 8b type of facets?

What do you think of this oval?

I love my Round brilliant I got from Whiteflash. I always thought I wanted round, because that’s the most popular diamond, more inventory on the internet, and that’s what I went for for my first diamond. If I get to start all over again I would go with Oval because it makes my finger look longer and not as chubby.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I want to find out what type of cut/ FaceTime is this oval? Is it 4 main? I see a lot of fancy color stone is cut this way, but colorless oval have the regular 4,6,8a 8b type of facets?

What do you think of this oval?

I love my Round brilliant I got from Whiteflash. I always thought I wanted round, because that’s the most popular diamond, more inventory on the internet, and that’s what I went for for my first diamond. If I get to start all over again I would go with Oval because it makes my finger look longer and not as chubby.

It's not a main oval. Low color/fancy color stones are cut with "modified" cuts as described in the GIA to intensify the color (the more light bounced around inside the stone, the more intense the color, hence also why cups change the color.

Alex is a good dealer with a pretty good eye so I'd trust his opinion on something like this.

I don't care for round diamonds much at all, but it took me a long time to figure that out :)

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
It's not a main oval. Low color/fancy color stones are cut with "modified" cuts as described in the GIA to intensify the color (the more light bounced around inside the stone, the more intense the color, hence also why cups change the color.

Alex is a good dealer with a pretty good eye so I'd trust his opinion on something like this.

I don't care for round diamonds much at all, but it took me a long time to figure that out :)

I do think he has pretty good eyes. I am not doubting him. I just want to learn more about oval in general, so I can understand and know more about this oval.

Thank you for your explanation! I thought this oval was a 4 main. So main oval is not modified, since this oval said modified, then it’s not main.

I am trying to make it clear in my head. Haha. Modified Brilliant is not the regular facets, brilliant is the one with regular facet.

Last edited:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I do think he has pretty good eyes. I am not doubting him. I just want to learn more about oval in general, so I can understand and know more about this oval.

Thank you for your explanation! I thought this oval was a 4 main. So main oval is not modified, since this oval said modified, then it’s not main.

I am trying to make it clear in my head. Haha.

See how on the plot the pavilion facets don't reach to the edge of the stone? A 4 main looks like this:

1597288633442.png

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
See how on the plot the pavilion facets don't reach to the edge of the stone? A 4 main looks like this:

1597288633442.png

Oh thanks! The picture helps a lot.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
omg I love this. I don't have any info at all to be helpful, but its beautiful!

To be honest, this is the only diamond that I saw in a store and fell in love. I did saw another diamond made by Henri Daussi that I liked before, but my heart didn’t stop like when I saw this one!

I saw many RB and they don’t sing to me as much. Yes they are pretty, but sometimes I feel like they are not unique enough...

Tiffany stores, name brand stores, never did anything like that to me with their diamonds. I only saw this oval for briefly 30 seconds maybe. I went home couldn’t forget about it. I was talking about my YZ radiant with her and mentioned this oval, she ends up putting a deposit on it!

Last edited:
What an absolutely GORGEOUS stone! I love ovals and emeralds, my two favorite diamond cuts, and this is a STUNNING example of an oval!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! So is your Mom buying it? For you? Wuhaaaa!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful stone! So is your Mom buying it? For you? Wuhaaaa!

Lol I wish! But we do have the same ring size. I am sure she will let me play with it once in a while. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a really pretty stone. I think it would be considered some kind of modified 4 main (but just my guess). Lets see what
@Rockdiamond would call it.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Ah well, but it stays in the family, that’s VERY good! :cool2:

Yes it will stay with the family. Down the road I know it will be my stone,she said when she is older she want to pass it down to me or my daughter in laws... my children is only 2 and 3. Lol

Last edited:

lissku

Rough_Rock
I’m sooooo jealous. Obsessed with this stone on Instagram.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your mum is a total boss b*tch for buying this personally UNSEEN! o_O Like whaaaaaaat?

Stone is gorgeous though, don't blame her in the slightest...

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Your mum is a total boss b*tch for buying this personally UNSEEN! o_O Like whaaaaaaat?

Stone is gorgeous though, don't blame her in the slightest...

Lol she usually trust what I think. She doesn’t know anything about diamond, but she has good eyes and she knows what she likes. She told me what she likes in the custom make setting on the stone, and she sounds just like some of the pricescoper here! So professional and so particular (may I say?)

All silliness aside, the dealer have refund policy, so I am not too worried for her. The most she will lose is the money for the custom setting.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Posted pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results