shape
carat
color
clarity

Please comment on this setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
I need some opinions please on a ring that I am having made. Do you think the shank is too wide? It is 2.5mm at the halo and tapers to 2mm at the bottom. I have not seen the ring in person and won''t have a chance to before it''s shipped out to me so I can only depend on these photos. My friend has checked it out for me and said the ring looks great but definitely not delicate which was the effect I was hoping for. I''ve asked for a photo of the ring on someone''s finger and it will come soon but I am anxious for some opinions.
1654AA.jpg

1654BB.jpg

Thanks!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think that the ring is gorgeous, however, I am no expert. If you were going for a daintier look, then I think that the shank should be a little bit thinner, like the same width as the halo (because the halo looks to be thinner than the shank). Do you happen to know the width of the halo?

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 1:35:53 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I think that the ring is gorgeous, however, I am no expert. If you were going for a daintier look, then I think that the shank should be a little bit thinner, like the same width as the halo (because the halo looks to be thinner than the shank). Do you happen to know the width of the halo?
I don''t actually, but I will ask. I''m not sure I want the shank to be the same size as the halo, would that perhaps make the ring too top heavy?
33.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I don''t think it would make the ring too top heavy, but then again, I don''t know for sure. I honestly think the ring is beautiful as is, but you are the one who should be happ with it.
30.gif
Have you spoken to the jeweler who is making your ring about your concerns?

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful just the way it is!!!
30.gif
I think that when we look at these superenlarged photos all the time, we tend to forget that the difference between two mm and 2.5 is virtually nothing. When it''s actually on her hand in real life, I think the effect of this will still be VERY dainty. That said, if you''re not happy with it, have them fix it! But a lot of jewelers won''t go under 2mm for pave bands, and I think you''re close enough to that now that you could just let it go. Definitely ask for them to take a photo on someone''s finger first though - I think that will really help you visualize it better. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the halo is 1-pointers....which run about 1.3mm. Even with a bit of metal added on each side, that''s way too thin to support a diamond of that size.

I think it looks beautiful as is. Some of the ladies who''ve gone with an ultra-thin shank have experienced some problems, and I think your rendition gets the best of both worlds....a beautiful pave look paired with enough structural support.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, looks great just the way it is. Looks like it''s a nice strong setting.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 1:45:47 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I don''t think it would make the ring too top heavy, but then again, I don''t know for sure. I honestly think the ring is beautiful as is, but you are the one who should be happ with it.
30.gif
Have you spoken to the jeweler who is making your ring about your concerns?
My friend mentioned to him that I was somewhat concerned with the thickness of the shank and to my surprise, he said he was willing to re-do the ring with a thinner band if I really wanted it. However, he did stress he thought the proportion was just right.

Date: 12/1/2005 1:47:29 PM
Author: albicocca
...the difference between two mm and 2.5 is virtually nothing.
Very true, but when it come to jewelry, even a couple of mm seems to make quite a difference in the ''look''.

Date: 12/1/2005 1:49:15 PM
Author: aljdewey
It looks like the halo is 1-pointers....which run about 1.3mm. Even with a bit of metal added on each side, that''s way too thin to support a diamond of that size.
I agree. I was thinking more like 2.2mm or so.

Date: 12/1/2005 1:54:39 PM
Author: kaleigh
I agree, looks great just the way it is. Looks like it''s a nice strong setting.
Yeek!! Strong is not exactly what I was hoping for...
39.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I just meant it looks like a setting you won''t have problems with that''s all. When you get too thin, you can run into problems. I think it''s gorgeous. Really!!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is perfect as is. i wouldn''t change anything. really

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect to me. My shank of my e-ring (split shank) and my wedding ring are 2.5 mm, and they are in no way thick. To me they are very delicate yet substantial enough that don''t worry about durability. I would leave it the way it is, but it would be nice if the jeweler could give you a hand shot.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is STUNNING! Absolutely gorgeous the way it is. But hand pics never hurt...
31.gif

Besides, Leon is a master designer. I have never looked at one of his rings and thought the proportion looked "off." But I am glad to hear that if you don''t like it, he will remake it. The ultimate decision shoud be yours.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: What size is it?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it looks gorgeous but you''ll be the one wearing it. my eternity band was 2.3mm and it is soooo thin to me. just curious, who made it? it looks like a Leon
10.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Yuli!

I'm glad your ring is finally done. Actually, I had the same thoughts concening my ring when I saw pictures of it (that the band was too wide compared to the halo. My first thought was YUCK!) when I recieved the ring in person, I thought it had perfect proportions, and you don't notice the difference between halo and shank as much as you think. (that's my pic that Leon sent)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-and-wf-ring.33483/page-3

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to post again, Yuli, I just wanted to say I think it''s beautiful. The first time I spoke to Leon he told me that his specialty was proportions. When I saw my ring in person, I agreed. I have a feeling your ring proportions are nearly identical to mine.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ... don''t change a thing. You''ll love it in person. I''d bet big $$ on that. (If only betting online wasn''t so illegal). Changing things is asking for T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I have a prong that is slightly, slightly "off" on my new e-ring and I asked the appraiser about it and she said DON''T TOUCH A THING. Settings like this are very delicate. You''ve got a master''s eye looking at it. I think its PHENO-ME-TASTIC! And was greatly coveting a ring just like it (maybe IT) on Leon''s website the other day. DARN YOU AND YOUR PERFECT RING.
11.gif
31.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Honestly don''t change a thing!!
30.gif
30.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question for you ladies - and this seems the best place to ask it.
Leon is currently working on my ering. I originally wanted 2mm, but was concerned about durability and asked for 2.2mm. Do you think that there will be a big visual difference between 2mm and 2.2mm?
The waiting is beginning to drive me MAD!

Danke.
Scintillating...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone, don''t change a thing. 2.5 mm is VERY thin and will look lovely.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It is gorgeous!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect. Pictures can be very deceiving--I''m sure it''s very dainty in person and frankly, it looks pretty dainty to me in the photo! Don''t change it, it''s gorgeous as is!!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 4:24:25 PM
Author: fatafelice
ETA: What size is it?
Are you asking about the center stone? It''s 1.84ct H VS2 with Med blue fluor.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 4:30:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i think it looks gorgeous but you''ll be the one wearing it. my eternity band was 2.3mm and it is soooo thin to me. just curious, who made it? it looks like a Leon
10.gif
It is a Leon
1.gif
He sent me a hand shot of the ring. I''d asked for one from the top, but I guess this will have to do.

RingF-a.JPG

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 5:01:04 PM
Author: allycat0303
Sorry to post again, Yuli, I just wanted to say I think it''s beautiful. The first time I spoke to Leon he told me that his specialty was proportions. When I saw my ring in person, I agreed. I have a feeling your ring proportions are nearly identical to mine.
Ally,
Isn''t the shank on your ring about 2mm wide though? And it looks to be the same width throughout. Mine''s 2.5mm at the top and tapers down at the bottom. I think the proportions on your ring is wonderful and I like your better than mine.

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2005 5:09:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ... don''t change a thing. You''ll love it in person. I''d bet big $$ on that. (If only betting online wasn''t so illegal). Changing things is asking for T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I have a prong that is slightly, slightly ''off'' on my new e-ring and I asked the appraiser about it and she said DON''T TOUCH A THING. Settings like this are very delicate. You''ve got a master''s eye looking at it. I think its PHENO-ME-TASTIC! And was greatly coveting a ring just like it (maybe IT) on Leon''s website the other day. DARN YOU AND YOUR PERFECT RING.
11.gif
31.gif
Thank you decodelighted.
1.gif
I think it''s a beautiful ring too, it''s just different from what I''d envisioned, you know. And Leon is willing to remake the ring for me if I really truely want a thinner shank, so no tweaking the original, just building a completely new one.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh Yuli!!!

That hand pic is TO DIE FOR!!! I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
. Yes, my shank is 2mm. However, my halo is also smaller (which as you know turned to be a big headache, so I REALLY don't reccommend it), so the actaul proportions between the halo and the shank are probably the same as yours.) And my stone is also smaller 1.27 ct.

Having one of these rings, I would say that I really wouldn't mind having a larger band. The sqaured look of the band makes it look much smaller then it really is. Also, your band will sparkle more, because a lot of people are surprised when they get a closer look at my band and figure out that there are diamonds on the band
23.gif

Who saw your ring for you? Was it Chris? She (or he) might not be used to looking at halo rings (and therefore said it's not "delicate") My boyfriend saw a real life one at a store and said "it's monstrous"

BUT I really, really, REALLY, want to reasure you that I had the EXACT same reaction as you. I thought my ring looked weird because the shank and halo were SO off. I showed the pic to my sister and told her the same thing. When I opened the box, my fears dashed away. Honestly, my ring DOES NOT look like the pic Leon sent. You don't see the the difference in size between shank and halo. In addition, a smaller shank might make it look top heavy, remember that the halo added to the stone makes the top HUGE!

ETA: Since I've come back three times to get another look at the hand picture, safe to say that I LOVE IT. We're always harder on our own stuff. Actually I saw a pic of my ring (even though I wasn't suppose to) so I couldn't tell my boyfriend that I didn't like it
9.gif
Although I debated saying something for a while, and I am SO GLAD that I didn't ask him to change anything.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
i think i've seen this exact ring somewhere before....

leon is the absolute best.. I have seen some terrible (and some almost-there) imitations but nothing ever comes close.
stop worrying...enjoy your masterpiece and wear it with love!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2005 1:54:39 PM
Author: kaleigh
looks great just the way it is. Looks like it''s a nice strong setting.
Second that. Pictures with the ring floating on a non-descript background can mislead about size. A thinner shank looks wiery to me once the picture on hand is brought closer to normal size.

stream.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That gorgeous ring looks delicate, delicate, delicate! Especially apparent in the handshot. It is the embodiment and dictionary definition of "delicate"! You have absolutely nothing to worry about in terms of the shank looking "thick". Not in the slightest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results