shape
carat
color
clarity

Please comment on the following:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 12:41:13 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/4/2009 12:30:47 PM
Author: JasonFaber

Date: 4/1/2009 3:09:59 PM
Author:dazedandconfused09

Been lurking for a while now and I hope you folks can help me...

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-50959.htm

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it''s probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not ''colorless'', but is this ''colorless'' to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

Not a bad Princess cut. There are obviously ones out there with better images, but you will be paying even more for them.
Jason, dazedandconfused isn''t buying this diamond in case that is what you are thinking, he has selected a different one.

Ah, sorry I didn''t see that post.....VERY nice! Not sure if you can get much better then that.

asettt.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2009 12:50:10 PM

Date: 4/4/2009 12:41:13 PM

Date: 4/4/2009 12:30:47 PM

Date: 4/1/2009 3:09:59 PM
Author:dazedandconfused09

Been lurking for a while now and I hope you folks can help me...

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-50959.htm

The G color is turning me off a bit, but it''s probably because I have too high of a standard set in my head and lack of experience with diamonds. I know G is not ''colorless'', but is this ''colorless'' to the naked eye? I will have this set in platinum 3 sided pave setting.

Thanks in advance!

Not a bad Princess cut. There are obviously ones out there with better images, but you will be paying even more for them.
Jason, dazedandconfused isn''t buying this diamond in case that is what you are thinking, he has selected a different one.

Ah, sorry I didn''t see that post.....VERY nice! Not sure if you can get much better then that.
I thought you might have missed it Jason, it is a gorgeous diamond he has chosen isn''t it?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the replies, arjunajane, Ellen, JasonFaber, and Lorelei!

I assume that like most people, I feel that this stone is the most special purchase that I'll probably make in my entire life. I would like to give my girlfriend the best ring the she and I can be proud of. Essentially, my girlfriend told me the type of stone and setting that she wanted, but she left it up to me to decide the details/quality of the stone. I feel that this stone is, in a way, representative of who I am, which is why I am trying my best to get the best stone that I am able to. I may just be over-thinking this...
40.gif
Please bear with me folks...
4.gif

If I may, I would like to ask one more time if anyone else would care to comment on the BrillanceScope results of this stone? Should I not put so much emphasis on the BS results if everything else points to a pretty good looking stone? Am I just too paranoid and am I just asking too much perfection?

Thank you as always!

julia.marson

Rough_Rock
It looks a good diamond and ofcourse G colour is colourless to naked eye.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I haven''t gotten back to this thread in a while! I admit I know very little about these Gemex reports, other than that some jewelers believe in them and others don''t. GOG tends to use them more heavily than almost any other online jeweler (e.g. you won''t see them at WF). I would not worry about the "high" vs. "very high" ratings particularly with an instrument that''s not as well accepted in the community as the ASET is. The ASET won''t lie, and neither will the AGS0 score.

FWIW, this is the diamond I would choose with your budget...but I''m not at all afraid to go down to an I color, and I think you might have some reservations about the color. My current princess is an I, so I know the color is fine for me.

Lorelei, thanks for giving my suggestions the thumbs-up!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 3:19:48 PM
...many find G to be a great balance of quality and price.

Yes, and many find H, I, and J to be a great balance as well. I would never worry about a G, but that''s just me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 1:42:23 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread in a while! I admit I know very little about these Gemex reports, other than that some jewelers believe in them and others don't. GOG tends to use them more heavily than almost any other online jeweler (e.g. you won't see them at WF). I would not worry about the 'high' vs. 'very high' ratings particularly with an instrument that's not as well accepted in the community as the ASET is. The ASET won't lie, and neither will the AGS0 score.

FWIW, this is the diamond I would choose with your budget...but I'm not at all afraid to go down to an I color, and I think you might have some reservations about the color. My current princess is an I, so I know the color is fine for me.

Lorelei, thanks for giving my suggestions the thumbs-up!
Most welcome J, you pick some SUPERB Princess!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks L! I learned from the best.
2.gif

dazedandconfused09

Rough_Rock
Well, thank you very much once again!!! I have some heavy thinking to do, but your comments have made it a bit easier for me to organize my thoughts. I hope to keep you all informed of my decision, and maybe, a picture of the actual ring someday -hopefuly!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:19:50 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 4/4/2009 11:08:57 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi DandC, just wanted to drop in to say I purchased a stone from GOG and had it sent it to WF for setting...it was all
very quick and easy, seamless. The only thing I will suggest, especially as you have a princess cut, is to insure your stone against damage during
the setting process.
I don''t mean in any way to worry you, it is a very rare occurence - but is always a small possibility.
If you don''t already have an insurer, do a quick search here - there''s tons of threads on the topic
5.gif
Or, just have WF send the setting to GOG, and they''ll cover it while it''s being set.
very good point miss el!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:48:51 AM

Or, just have WF send the setting to GOG, and they''ll cover it while it''s being set.
very good point miss el!
Why fank you!
41.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:44:46 AM

Date: 4/6/2009 4:48:51 AM

very good point miss el!
Why fank you!
41.gif
35.gif
and a
13.gif
weird kissy emotie to you
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results