shape
carat
color
clarity

Please advise: which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wndrful

Rough_Rock
After few weeks of surfing this forum and online shopping, the day has come for me to finally make a choice. Its getting to be a tough choice. I am leaning towards one of them but I would like to get your opinion. Please help

0.7 F VS1 GIA Ex/Ex/ No Flur

Dimensions: 5.74x5.78x3.53mm
Tot Depth: 61.2 %
Table: 55.3 %
Crown Angle: 34.8
Pav Angle: 40.7
Cutlet: 1.1
Girdle: Thin to medium
HCA: 0.9 TIC ex/ex/ex/vg
Bscope: VH3/VH3/VH1

0.8 F SI1 GIA Ex/Ex/ No Flur

Dimensions: 6.01x6.05x3.66mm
Tot Depth: 60.7 %
Table: 55.1 %
Crown Angle: 34.4
Pav Angle: 40.6
Cutlet: .4
Girdle: medium
HCA: 0.6 TIC ex/ex/ex/vg
Bscope: VH3/VH3/VH1

Both are H&A diamonds. All the angles look really close to each other, does that mean both would have almost identical light return performance?

Is it possible to get gemadvisor images to see how much would be the light leakage? I am shopping online and don't have an access to firescope/idealscope images. I was planning on ordering a idealscope, but things moved real fast (need to get ring done quickly) and will not have time to order one and check them myself. Please help. Thanks.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If size counts I would go for the 6mm stone :)

SI1 never worries me. 1 in 100 people can ever see anything in SI1- and they really work hard at it.

Ialso like the proportions better :)

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut. Great to hear from you. I have read your tutorial and also MSU cut studies. I learnt a lot. I am impressed. What can I say? I am a fan. :love:

Yes, SI1 is bigger but I was leaning towards the VS1 because of lower price (VS1 is 20% cheaper than SI1) and much cleaner (important to my girlfriend).

But I have a diamond broker who is quite enterprising, and came up with another SI1, more cleaner and bigger. :)) Now I am liking this more. Comments?

0.821 F SI1 AGS000 Flur: Inert
Dimensions: 6.07x6.11x3.47mm
Tot Depth: 60.3 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 33.8
Pav Angle: 40.5
Cutlet: Pointed
Girdle: medium
HCA: 0.3 TIC ex/ex/ex/ex
Bscope: VH2/VH3/VH1

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut. Now I am divided.
One last question. I promise. Please be patient.
Q: I am puzzled. 0.7 F VS1 gets 0.9 TIC HCA.
Doesn't that mean its a great cut?

0.7 F VS1
Pro: Good price. Perfect H&A.
Con: Not a good cut, smaller

0.82F SI1
Pro: Almost the same price, bigger, great cut
Con: Not perfect H&A (just found out) :((

My school teachers were always cross because I always asked too many questions. :))
I thinking that I should get both at home, take a look myself and pick one.

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Do H&A turn me on?! :bigsmile:

Yes and no. I like arrows pattern that appears when one sees H&A diamond from the top. I have seen few H&As and all of them showed this visual pattern. Thats nice.

Also I assume good H&A == good symmetry == all angles within a strict tolerance.

For example, 0.7 F VS1 has perfect H&A pattern == less angle deviation from average == more valid HCA score (HCA assumes symmetry).

I noticed that .7FVS1 proportions are on the edge, slightly change angles (esp pavillion) and HCA scores goes up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results