shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum trellis/lucida/trestle/X prong setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ScottHoward

Rough_Rock
Hello, I've been "lurking" around here for about a month now and have found this to be the most interesting and educational diamond site around. I've done some research on my own engagement ring and have a few questions of my own.

I'm interested in buying a loose princess-cut diamond from one of the respected online retailers (USACerted, etc.) I've learned about on this site. However, my girlfriend *loves* the platinum trellis setting at Blue Nile (and so do I!). We're attracted to the way in which the stone seems to sit lower (or simply protrudes much less) on her finger than in traditional tiffany/cathedral settings. This is much more suitable to her active lifestyle. The only problem is, how can I have that setting without actually purchasing a diamond from them? I've located a few jewelers/designers online (such as Jeff Cooper) who carry settings called lucida, trestle or X prong that are similar to the trellis, but I'd like to stick with someone who does great work and will not have a problem with me purchasing my diamond elsewhere. Can anyone help?

Feel free to ask any questions as I seem to end up on this site several times a day!

Sincerely appreciated,
Scott

sizematters

Rough_Rock
My diamond is from Blue Nile and my setting is a Jeff Cooper x-prong setting with accent diamonds. The craftmanship is amazing and my fiance had the diamond set at a store that carries Jeff Cooper settings and bands. It was not a problem that he didn't buy the stone from the same store.

ScottHoward

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the helpful reply. I'm going to stop at my local 'Jeff Cooper' jeweler this afternoon and have a look at his settings. I'll ask about their feelings about "BYODiamond" too. I guess I've just heard too many stories about jewelers being "less than excited" about setting a stone brought in from elsewhere. Feel free to put me at ease if anyone feels differently.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/17/2003 11:51:32 AM ScottHoward wrote:

I'll ask about their feelings about "BYODiamond" too. I guess I've just heard too many stories about jewelers being "less than excited" about setting a stone brought in from elsewhere.
----------------

The easiest thing to do is *not* tell them you're buying it over the Internet. Some jewelers just freak. You can tell them you already have a diamond, or that you're buying it from another jeweler, or, a jeweler from out of town, but the "I" word sets some of them off.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

The easiest thing to do is *not* tell them you're buying it over the Internet. Some jewelers just freak. You can tell them you already have a diamond, or that you're buying it from another jeweler, or, a jeweler from out of town, but the "I" word sets some of them off.
----------------
I wholeheartedly second that. Don't say "I'm purchasing" or "I'll soon be purchasing" this diamond.......

Instead say: "I HAVE this diamond, and I've decided to do THIS with it. Can you help me?"

You'll get much less resistance.

fcoffin

Rough_Rock
Scott,
go to www.primak.com...this is a newer ring by primak but it is not posted on the website...call primak and tell them what your are looking for and she we e-mail you a picture (i believe the serial number for the ring is ER-87)...bring the contact info for primak along with the picture and serial number to your favorite jeweler so they can order it for you....the list price on this ring is alot more expensive than blue nile's or tiffay's price but your jeweler should work with you...e-mail me if you have any questions..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results