shape
carat
color
clarity

Platinum chain extender for Jack Kelege Piece?

Lylt

Rough_Rock
Hi all! Has anyone come across a platinum chain / necklace extender? I am having such a hard time with this!! I can only find gold (and of course silver/steel/brass). Just wanted to see if anyone has any leads! I purchased a pre-owned beautiful Jack Kelege chain and need it to be just a bit longer!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this perhaps something a local jewler in your town could make for you ?
or perhaps you could buy the findings on the internet and have a play yourself ?
With the right findings it doesn't need to look 'home made'

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local jeweler would put this together for me. He has stuller books where you can pick the chain you want and order the findings.
Have you tried a local jeweler? My local jeweler took a white gold bracelet that I didnt wear and turned it into an extension for chains.
(Another option...find a plat bracelet and have the jeweler cut it down.)

Mountain mama

Rough_Rock
Hi. Try searching on Amazon. That’s where I got mine from. There are all kinds of options as for metal goes. I’m allergic to everything except for platinum so I had to be careful about which to pick.

Lylt

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions! I have been trying to find pieces so I can DIY it but I think this might be a job for my local jeweler!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions! I have been trying to find pieces so I can DIY it but I think this might be a job for my local jeweler!

Have you tried a local pawn shop or ebay etc for something you can canabilize ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have definitely checked eBay as well as Etsy, rubylane, etc. blah no luck :(2

Oh poo :(2
i bet plenty of people have broken platinum chains at the bottom of their jewlery boxes sitting there so long that they forget they have them

Have you put the word out around freinds and family
im not a facebook fan but its worth a shot

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I chose to use a local jeweler! I am waiting for it to be completed!

Did you end up liking the result @Lylt ? Would love to see your Kelege chain! His pieces are so intricate.

Lylt

Rough_Rock
Did you end up liking the result @Lylt ? Would love to see your Kelege chain! His pieces are so intricate.

Hi!! I am super happy with the piece! Excuse the not so great photos below lol. I had the jeweler add the oval pendant in the center which I purchased separately and extended the chain to 20 inches. So glad I went with platinum too! The Kelege chain was absolutely perfect! 503F6C3F-DB93-4152-8FF6-CF70EC77FDB9.jpeg 59F1899C-A49A-414B-B39B-244F2F75A344.jpeg 96B1B344-0592-4AC5-9C85-56FE52A15EEF.jpeg

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
@Lylt this is absolutely gorgeous on you! What a find! The platinum with gold accents just glows on your skin. And I love how you made it your own with the East-West mounted oval halo pendant in addition to the added length. This piece is so flattering on your neckline and seems like it would go with everything! Thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos of your creation. I can see why you’re super happy with it!

Lylt

Rough_Rock
@Lylt this is absolutely gorgeous on you! What a find! The platinum with gold accents just glows on your skin. And I love how you made it your own with the East-West mounted oval halo pendant in addition to the added length. This piece is so flattering on your neckline and seems like it would go with everything! Thank you so much for sharing the lovely photos of your creation. I can see why you’re super happy with it!

You are too kind! Thank you . I was so excited to find the chain with a dash of yellow gold as I wear YearlyCo gold bangles (husband gives me a new bangle each year on anniversary) so now I have my plat and gold combined! It was kismet!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out great! Beautiful necklace!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
You are too kind! Thank you . I was so excited to find the chain with a dash of yellow gold as I wear YearlyCo gold bangles (husband gives me a new bangle each year on anniversary) so now I have my plat and gold combined! It was kismet!

Indeed! This chain was meant for you. What a beautiful set and sentiment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results