shape
carat
color
clarity

plain band with diamonds on prongs & basket

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen a diamond ring that has a plain band (i.e. no diamonds) but with pave diamonds on the prongs and perhaps the basket as well?

Fiance likes plain and traditional, i was something unique. I''m trying to find a compromise!

Any photos of anything similar to this would be greatly appreciated!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
http://www.tacori.com/mm5/multi_view.php?styleNo=2503RD75

I love this one!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also look at Vatche.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies and pictures guys. Though they''re not quite what I was after, they''ve given me more of an idea about what I''m after.

Would love you all to ekpp submiting more pictures though. Who knows, I might actually find exactly what i''m looking for!

DebShine

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think this is what you want, but I still love the Vatche Swan. Darnit - I can''t get it to attach. It''s on Excel site - #191 I believe.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
How about going with something custom where you have the basket and prongs of the ring on the left and the plain shank of the ring on the right?

CustomeringLM1.JPG

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
I''ve found a few great rings. Not exactly what I was looking for but absolutely gorgeous!

Ring3Ritani.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Second ring

RingInspir1.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Third ring

RingInspir2.jpg

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Miss Mandie, the second is totally unexpected...view it from the front - "classic", view it from the side and "wow"!!

I also really like the third...very unexpected, again, to see the diamonds in the X-prong. Purty!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandie, just to throw this out there, there are other ways to achieve "unique", in fact, in my opinion interesting metalwork is a much better way to get that look than just adding diamonds here and there!

For example, this awesome MWM:

67bnuv4cx2gc56vbu.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Hey musey,

Thanks for the suggestion. Love that ring, in fact my sister''s engagement ring is exactly like it.
My only problem is that hubby only likes the traditional style rings, and hates anything that''s not symmetrical (go figure!). So I''m trying to find something that shows a bit of me (crazy) and him (traditional). I don''t like halos or pave on the band (particularly as wedding band will be pave and I personally think two pave bands is too bling for me). I think the idea of diamond prongs is a genious compromise!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 8:36:54 AM
Author: MissMandie
Third ring
Oh my gosh, I LOVE that third ring you posted, with the pave x-prongs.
18.gif
In general, I really like the type of thing you''re going for and cannot wait to see pics of the final product when you get it.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Found a couple more that I like.

This one without the diamonds on the band.

RingInspir4.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Love how this one has marquise diamonds on the claws. Again I''d do this without diamonds on the band.

MichaelB2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mcseeinred

Rough_Rock
Miss Mandie - check out the Reale collection by Varna (www.varna.com). I was on a very similar search to yours and their Contessa setting was by far my hands-down favorite! It is a pricey setting, but it''s very delicate and unique. Their website also shows who carries their designs, so if you like something you see online you''ll be able to find out where to go to see it in person. Good luck with your search, and i think it''s great that you''re trying to find a compromise that makes you both happy!

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Mcseeinred, thank you. I love the Contessa! The side view is amazing. Not so sure about the square claws or the side stones though. But its beautiful!

Varna4.jpg

DentD

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:47:01 PM
Author: MissMandie
Hey musey,

Thanks for the suggestion. Love that ring, in fact my sister''s engagement ring is exactly like it.

My only problem is that hubby only likes the traditional style rings, and hates anything that''s not symmetrical (go figure!). So I''m trying to find something that shows a bit of me (crazy) and him (traditional). I don''t like halos or pave on the band (particularly as wedding band will be pave and I personally think two pave bands is too bling for me). I think the idea of diamond prongs is a genious compromise!!
I''m not trying to start anything, but is it a dealbreaker if you wear a ring that he isn''t 100% in love with? It''s going to be on your hand, not his...I guess I''m not understanding why you have to compromise (in design, not budget) on getting what could be something you have on your hand for the rest of your life.

Don''t get me wrong, I think it''s great that you are trying to find something you both will like. But would it be the end of the world if you wear a ring that''s completely your style instead of his?

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Hi DentD your post brings up the thoughts I initially had, though I''ve come to understand MrMandie''s point of view. He wants to give me a ring that represents his love for me. He doesn''t see it as something that is mine entirely (and I agree) that it is a symbol of commitment that we share. Plus, I know i wouldnt get anybody a gift that I myself didn''t like as well.

Though I have mentioned that its a compromise, I didn''t mean compromise in the way that none of us get what we want, but we meet half way. I think what I meant to say was its more of a merging of both our tastes. The end result will ultimately be something that I love, particularly because its got a bit of me and him in it. To be honest, I do like the traditional rings, but because they can be a tad boring/plain/generic in my point of view, I want to jazz up the traditional style with a bit of individuality and some extra bling!

It wouldnt be the end of the world if he didnt like it (i''m sure he''d soon get over it, or grow to love it), but I''d prefer to create/find something that we both love.

To be honest, I''ve got such a wide variety of styles that I love in my inspiration folder that if he didn''t have any input in the design I''d never be able to choose!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
MissMandie, as a part of the male half, I appreciate your perspective.

We men do understand that the woman will be wearing this ring for the rest of her life, so it should be something she likes, but it also represents our commitment and love, and as such, should reflect some of our personality as well.

It sounds like you are on the right track, and you WILL find a design that represents your unique combination as a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results