shape
carat
color
clarity

Pinterest!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone use Pinterest? I just discovered it today and it is going to revolutionize the way I bookmark things I love.

Pinterest is a combination of social and a cloud based bulletin board for stuff you like. You can follow taste makers, and you can be a taste maker. You install the "pin it" button to your bookmarks toolbar then when you find something you love, whether it's for sale or just someone else's beautiful eyecandy you saw here you pin it to your "board". It saves the picture, a description and price if you want, and makes a hotlink to the URL of the site then displays all the things you love together by category.

So no more "my pictures" folders full of random eyecandy or littered bookmarks under "jewelry".

The social element is appealing too. Say you know your buddy Kelpie has amazing taste, so you "follow" her to see what pretty things she is posting on her board. You can make boards for different categories like "Home", "Fashion", "Jewelry"...ect..

I think it's neat.

Pricescope should have a Pinterest button ---------------->

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1312902073|2987191 said:
Pricescope should have a Pinterest button ---------------->

Ooooo! That would be SUPER convenient!

LOVE Pinterest. Currently using it to bookmark inspiration for a friend's wedding. SO MUCH EASIER than categorizing bookmarks and whatnot in my browser! Since I can access them from EVERYWHERE and not just the computer where I bookmarked it! Wish it had been around when I was planning MY wedding...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love Pinterest, and I have it open pretty much all day. Hah.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I tried, but I can't really love it. It's very American - I live in a small cottage in Scotland, and not very many of the design ideas will translate to my space. I know it's supposed to be international, but it kind of isn't. I'm probably also very out of step with cutting edge interior design (because I don't care for very much of it at all).

That said, I live in chaos and clutter, so clearly I'm no judge of these matters.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Love it! I have been pinning for a few weeks, and am clearly obsessed with it...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1312907619|2987252 said:
I tried, but I can't really love it. It's very American - I live in a small cottage in Scotland, and not very many of the design ideas will translate to my space. I know it's supposed to be international, but it kind of isn't. I'm probably also very out of step with cutting edge interior design (because I don't care for very much of it at all).

That said, I live in chaos and clutter, so clearly I'm no judge of these matters.

It isn't just for design stuff. Did you see the other sections?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
agree totally about changing the way i bookmark. also love that if i see something i know a friend would love, i don't have to copy & paste the photo/url/whatev in an email or msg to them...just pin it w/at @tag!

i just joined this week & i'm obsessed already!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MonkeyPie|1312912155|2987298 said:
Jennifer W|1312907619|2987252 said:

It isn't just for design stuff. Did you see the other sections?
Ah, not really. I was mildly obsessed with painting furniture white for a few weeks back there (Mara made me do it) and I was browsing design stuff all over the place to convince myself it was a good idea. I never really wandered past the interior stuff on pinterest. I should give it another try.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Must. Discover. This.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Lol, I was scrolling new additions and there was a random image of Kenny's FCD collection (earlier incarnation with yellow heart). I guess people are way ahead of me. :bigsmile:

ETA- Look what I found! Why oh why is it only in kid's sizes?!?!?!?!?!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55284099/organic-cream-long-sleeve-diamonds-shirt?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Flisting%2F55284099%2Forganic-cream-long-sleeve-diamonds-shirt&utm_content=etsy_finds_040711&utm_campaign=etsy_finds_040711

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a big fan of Pinterest. SOOOO agree with vc that I wish I had been on there when wedding planning!

One of my friends called it "the bookmarking tool she's been waiting for."

I've been pinning recipes, design stuff, bedding and furniture, spaces I like...it's seriously awesome.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1312921656|2987386 said:
Lol, I was scrolling new additions and there was a random image of Kenny's FCD collection (earlier incarnation with yellow heart). I guess people are way ahead of me. :bigsmile:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/55284099/organic-cream-long-sleeve-diamonds-shirt?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Flisting%2F55284099%2Forganic-cream-long-sleeve-diamonds-shirt&utm_content=etsy_finds_040711&utm_campaign=etsy_finds_040711

That is awesome! And I bet I could make that with my Silhouette....I am SO on it lol. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MonkeyPie|1312922685|2987399 said:
kelpie|1312921656|2987386 said:

That is awesome! And I bet I could make that with my Silhouette....I am SO on it lol. :love:

I would so buy that if it came in my size. Maybe a bunch of PSers should contact that vendor and see if they
can put it on a nice T-shirt. That would be so cool!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I'm obsessed with having that on a t-shirt. I'm going to contact them tomorrow and tell them all my adult friends would buy one too. It's so cool, I can't stand it.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Interesting...I"m going to check it out now!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I just started using the site and I love it! My "Getting Ready for Baby" pin board is filling up fast - so many great creative ideas in one place to pull from.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Obsessed with Pinterest. I have trouble walking away from the computer once I get started!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
I seriously have to limit myself to just one hour of Pinterest a night, otherwise I could stay on it forever. I've only been on it a month and I've got hundreds of pins. A friend of mine came for a visit last week and we had a big Pinterest fest, finally getting around to DOING some of the things (recipes, DIY ideas) we've pinned. It was a blast!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I want that shirt!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUpeargirl|1312937101|2987589 said:
Obsessed with Pinterest. I have trouble walking away from the computer once I get started!

LOVE it. :love: I don't know what I ever did without it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Too bad we can't share info here - I could totally make that shirt for you guys. But that seller is going to be mighty pleased to have all the hits!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1313032220|2988311 said:

I put it on my iphone. It's so hard not to play on it, but I'm scared of running my battery too low. I forgot my charger.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1313032220|2988311 said:

I have done three DIY crafts in the last week. I am going to have some baller wreaths for awhile...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry|1312922187|2987395 said:
I'm a big fan of Pinterest. SOOOO agree with vc that I wish I had been on there when wedding planning!

One of my friends called it "the bookmarking tool she's been waiting for."

I've been pinning recipes, design stuff, bedding and furniture, spaces I like...it's seriously awesome.

And I've been repinning SB's pinned recipes, design stuff, bedding and furniture... :devil:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I tried to join but it seems to want access to my Facebook page. Why?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta - It will ask to, but you don't have to. Mine is linked into my twitter. I think it helps to find people you know who might also be using Pinterest, and who you could follow. You could also link things you like back and forth.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I adore Pinterest! I have been pinning things like it's my job. I want to follow PSers on Pinterest!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
i just signed up! i wish you could pin things that are not online...i have some wedding inspiration photos that i wanted to add to my board but i downloaded them and now cannot find the links!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I :love: Pinterest! I have a board for sparkly inspiration and was pinning away stuff from Single Stone when I saw that they already had quite the presence on Pinterest. I did wonder whether the other pins were from PSers too!

My fav thing about Pinterest is that everything is linked to its source.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
slg you should be able to add from your HD. If you go up to the very top right menus you'll see ADD. From there you can browse your local HD.

~LC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results