shape
carat
color
clarity

Pinterest!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1313095572|2988795 said:
i just signed up! i wish you could pin things that are not online...i have some wedding inspiration photos that i wanted to add to my board but i downloaded them and now cannot find the links!
You can - go to "Add a Pin" and then Upload. You can then add a file!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
this looks really cool- unfortunately, it looks like you have to have either Facebook or Twitter to sign up and I have neither (it's better for my sanity- not to mention my productivity!) so no Pintrest for me :blackeye:

It's too bad, cause it seems like a great balance between being social and sharing/collecting ideas and maintaining anonymity, but oh well, not worth a facebook account for me.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1313117089|2989041 said:
this looks really cool- unfortunately, it looks like you have to have either Facebook or Twitter to sign up and I have neither (it's better for my sanity- not to mention my productivity!) so no Pintrest for me :blackeye:

It's too bad, cause it seems like a great balance between being social and sharing/collecting ideas and maintaining anonymity, but oh well, not worth a facebook account for me.
I didn't want to link my Facebook account to Pinterest, so I signed up for a twitter account. Haven't opened twitter since I did!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Aviastar and Sillyberry,

That annoyed me too. I HATE facebook applications accessing my data but once I did it it's fine. No random wall posts and the first thing I did was change my username/avatar to an alias. I have to say I dont even "get" what twitter is about at all. I always take issue with my unusual name being out there on the internets.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love pinterest but I usually go on their for food receipes. THough I did start a jewelry section....oh the drool worthiness!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie|1313145872|2989202 said:
Aviastar and Sillyberry,

That annoyed me too. I HATE facebook applications accessing my data but once I did it it's fine. No random wall posts and the first thing I did was change my username/avatar to an alias. I have to say I dont even "get" what twitter is about at all. I always take issue with my unusual name being out there on the internets.

Kelpie, I would do it your way if I even had a Facebook account to begin with, which I don't, and I thought about doing what Sillyberry has done and create a throw away account, but it's irritating to me that I have to. I could use the Facebook account that is set up at work for our fan page, but that seems disingenuous at best. Pintrest has every right to build their model based on whatever that would like, it seems to be working really well for them and I am sure Facebook and Twitter love that membership in their company is required for any number of other sites and activities, but I don't feel comfortable with the trend in general and I think I will just browse the pages and 'right click and save' the old fashioned way unless they have a policy change.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I joined last night after reading this thread.

LOVE! :love:

I wish I'd found this before I started wedding planning!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Pinterest.

Can easily spend hours on it... and quite often do in the evenings before bed while we watch TV.

Sooo many great ideas, not just for home decor and the like but even how to organize and how to use an item meant for one thing in other ways, etc. People are just so creative!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I love Pinterest so much! I tend to stay up way too late playing with it.

I've found that it's quite useful for refining decorating ideas for the house. I pinned several tables I was considering for our front hall, and it was easy to spot the ones that really didn't fit with that I have in mind. It's hard to tell that when you're just looking at one picture of a table by itself, but when you see it in the context of other general design ideas, it's clear.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I just started a Pinterest account and am really enjoying it. I have a jewelry board, of course, and one for home ideas. It's a great visual bookmarking tool.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
so neat! I've never used it!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Gotta say, I'm getting HOOKED on it myself! BAH.....so many cool ways to group things I like.

I blame Mara......not only because she's the root of all evil (heheh - love ya, mara!), but because she turns me on to all this REALLY COOL by insanely time consuming stuff! LOL

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
We've been having lots of fun with the food at my house. My mom made a really awesome pear and feta salad, and pickled her own banana peppers. They also made pumpkin french toast. My grandma made sugar free pumpkin pie. I made some cookies, and am doing soup this week sometime.

I'm in love with the crafty things, and the cool ways to recycle clothes!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
My cousin recently introduced me to pinterest! I am obsessed with it! I have started cooking a ton of things, unfortunately with a family of 2 there are a LOT of left overs!

I also like a lot of crafts that one of these days I will do!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
jlp - There are some great freezing and storage tips on Pinterest for leftovers!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say that I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one who has given in to the addictive properties of pinterest.

The recipes are phenomenal, btw. The green cleaning tips all work. I made my own laundry detergent, thanks to this website. I've found more garden design ideas that I know what to do with. And now I'm clearly unsure of what color to paint my front door, as I have every color pinned from pink to aqua to red and everything in between! Oh, and the quotes! I have become 100x wittier since I've joined. :bigsmile: Now, to find a way to actually be productive while surfing this site!

Ahh pinterest, I love thee.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Must.check.this.out.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
dragonfly411|1316529467|3021313 said:
jlp - There are some great freezing and storage tips on Pinterest for leftovers!

I will definitely have to find them!!! They would be a lifesaver, idk how many times I can eat the same thing in a week!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Dang it. How long does it take to get an "invite" once you request it? It kind of chaps me that it's "invite" only and that you have to be invited by someone you know or request it. Is it supposed to make me want it more or make me feel like it's more exclusive? Cause it doesn't. Even though I want to play.

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
April20|1316532721|3021347 said:
Dang it. How long does it take to get an "invite" once you request it? It kind of chaps me that it's "invite" only and that you have to be invited by someone you know or request it. Is it supposed to make me want it more or make me feel like it's more exclusive? Cause it doesn't. Even though I want to play.

I had a friend request an invite last night and it was within the hour that she was invited....hmmm. How long as it been?

April20

Ideal_Rock
jlp86|1316533046|3021359 said:
April20|1316532721|3021347 said:

I had a friend request an invite last night and it was within the hour that she was invited....hmmm. How long as it been?

Okay, got it. Took an hour. Don't get the point though!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I agree! I see no point at all! At least you are in now!!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well I for one want to start a pinterest recovery group! My husband is addicted to that site! He is in the design/media field and says it helps him with his job, but umm, yeah, lately life after work seems to be all about what he's found on pinterest that day! :rolleyes: He has lots of 'followers' too, so I guess he has good taste. ;-)

It is kind of interesting, but I don't want to become addicted myself. I'd rather just look at jewelry on PS, that is my online addiction! :razz:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Hey PS finally got the "pin it" button I asked about! Thanks guys.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1329163254|3125498 said:

I noticed that!!! Hey I pinned your gorgeous ring :bigsmile: Thanks Andrey, Coati and Ella! :wavey:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1329164870|3125504 said:
kelpie|1329163254|3125498 said:

I noticed that!!! Hey I pinned your gorgeous ring :bigsmile: Thanks Andrey, Coati and Ella! :wavey:
Lol! Now we can waste time on the internet even more efficiently! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I am thoroughly obsessed with pinterest....be it clothes, jewelry, food, cute adorable animals, wedding stuff, house decorating...lots of things to discover!!! I need to limit myself when it comes to exam studying. I am already on it way too much when I am supposed to be paying attention in class hehe.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Kelpie, thanks for following my jewelry board!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
I looove pinterest! (almost as much as PS!!!) My jewellery board is FULL -I love being able to keep so much eye-candy in one place!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, I haven't had a full jewelry board but am probably going to start one today for random jewelry I love/ design ideas.

I wanted to share some of the fun things we've done with our Pinterest adventures. We've made some of our own cleaners which have worked great. My mom has started growing chives in a tiny glass in her kitchen as well as garlic and it's growing great! We've made several great dishes, I'm saying... drool worthy. I've pretty much planned my entire wedding decor and outfits. I also am able to get photography ideas for my photography business that is blooming! So I'm obviously in love with Pinterest. Wish I could find more of ya'll!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results