shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink tourmaline pendant from NYC, plus apatite

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In the last year, I've set 4 stones into rings, and 2 into pendants. Guess which ones I wear most? Yup, the pendants! So, during my NYC trip (just got back last night), I focused more on pendant and earring settings, and found a gorgeous one for a Bob Kast 6mm pink tourmaline. I just took a few quick shots, but will try to get more later.

IMG_5335-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
with the OECs I had set.

IMG_5368-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
4.96ct apatite from Gene, 10.5mm.

IMG_5442-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
While in NY, I purchased the materials to make a simple necklace: 4-prong basket setting, chain, and clasp in 14k white gold. You can just see the setting at the top of the pic - still needs to be polished out, so it looks a bit dull. There wasn't enough time to get everything finished, so I'm hoping to have the work done locally.

IMG_5429-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
hanging out with an Afghani tourmaline and Mahenge spinel (both from Gary Braun).

IMG_5457-2.JPG

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those are beautiful!!

Love the settings and the stones :love:

Where in NYC, exactly? I have a friend up there and I am desperate for settings . . .

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cell,
As always, you take the most beautiful gemstone photos. I think you make Tino Hammid's photos look terrible. Your new pendant is beautiful, and I love the combination of colors with your other three stones. The clarity and crispness of your photos is breathtaking.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see that Apatite set! It's stunning!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Absolutely stunning gems and great photography skill :appl: :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
All of those are beautiful, but the apatite is breathtaking. Do you have someone locally you trust to set it?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
iLander - we've used two different jewelers, both on 47th St: Klim for settings and benchwork, JI Diamonds for benchwork. We would have loved to have browsed settings at JI, but they'd just come back from vacation, and all their settings were still in the safe.

Thank you Harriet!

TL, what a huge compliment - I'm truly very flattered!

iota, I'm looking forward to seeing the apatite set too, but I'll be on pins and needles while it's being done - I'm so nervous. :errrr:

Thanks chictomato - hope you're doing well! :wavey:

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
They are all so lovely. :love:
And your photos are fantastic (as always) - I wish mine were half as good as yours..

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: So beautiful :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the BK tourmaline and the pendant setting is a wonderful package. I know I’ve written this before, but next time you head to NYC to get your settings, I’ll have to give you the dimensions of my stones so you can get some settings for me too. You have a good eye for setting unusually cut stones and also for picking designs that best suits the gemstones.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered if a PSer had gotten the apatite, glad it is so!

Great group pics of stones and love the pink tourmaline pendant.

I know what you mean about the pendants, I never thought I'd wear mine much either but I wear a different one every day now that I have a few.

Neck shots, Cell?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness me, once again you show us your phenomenal taste in not only setting your gemstones but in the gems themselves. All gorgeous! I would happily have all of those in my collection.

I'd love to know how the Apatite turns out so please take photos when it's done won't you?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Soooo, I took the apatite to my local jeweler, gave specific instructions (including no heat, steam, or rhodium plating), and with a deep breath, handed it over. :errrr:

Got the call today to come pick it up....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones are amazing! :love:

Can't wait to see how the apatite was set!

-A

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In fluorescent light........the apatite looks great, but I look like a vampire

IMG_5529-3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I think this is the first stone I haven't set in a diamond halo, but I'm thrilled! Originally, there were to be jump rings soldered onto the basket, and the chain would be attached to the rings, but the jeweler in NY thought to just solder the chain directly to the basket. It's a much more seamless and clean look, and I think it was definitely the right choice.

IMG_5542-2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, last one for now.

IMG_5551-3.JPG

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, I love how the color glows!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendants are beautiful!!!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those pendants turned out great! I love Bob Kasts stones and that one does not disappoint, lovely!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful collection. Love the colors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results