shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought some garnets!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BA049263-52B6-42DA-B1CA-22F7B929B132.jpeg I have bought a couple of garnets- One Umbalite and one small mehenge-6.5mm and 5mm respectively.

I was thinking they may make a cool stacker set or just be good on their own. Would really love some ideas! Please share your ideas for a low cost setting!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! Amazing colour!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Umbalite and Mahenge probably have the most vivid colour for red garnet. Which one is brighter?

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Umbalite and Mahenge probably have the most vivid colour for red garnet. Which one is brighter?

I think they both are very bright. In general round cut being more sparkly coupled with lighter colour maybe the little mehenge is brighter

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! They look so bright and saturated. How do you photograph yours? I can’t get my photos to look like the actual stones do IRL. It’s so embarrassing!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous! They look so bright and saturated. How do you photograph yours? I can’t get my photos to look like the actual stones do IRL. It’s so embarrassing!

I just use my iPhone 7 in my office garden. Usually comes out exactly like it looks. But one trick is to take a video and extract some moments from the video. That’s usually the best representation of the stone.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just use my iPhone 7 in my office garden. Usually comes out exactly like it looks. But one trick is to take a video and extract some moments from the video. That’s usually the best representation of the stone.

Thank you for the tips! I have noticed that my outside pics turn out better. My indoor photos are atrocious. It was just so windy yesterday.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I would get a round tsavorite, and make stackers with all three. I love pink and green together.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are lovely, the colors compliment each other so nicely, I’d go for stackers

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I would get a round tsavorite, and make stackers with all three. I love pink and green together.

Sounds awesome! Never thought of that. Do you have something with Green and pink together? Would love to see an example.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pic of your beautiful new gems. I love them both but that little spinel is just to pretty. :kiss2: Have you checked out Ivy & Rose for some inexpensive settings? I know a lot of people use them for cheaper settings. :D

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great pic of your beautiful new gems. I love them both but that little spinel is just to pretty. :kiss2: Have you checked out Ivy & Rose for some inexpensive settings? I know a lot of people use them for cheaper settings. :D

Oh no spinels here. Both garnets even the little one.

I will check Ivy and rose out now. It’s a great idea

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
47C17D08-17C7-4C71-96BA-DA5334A5254F.png

Wow! So pretty! The colors are yummy! :love:

I love garnets and found a nice halo setting for my mandarin spessartite at Ivy and Rose. It was reasonably priced and they were easy to work with.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love garnets and found a nice halo setting for my mandarin spessartite at Ivy and Rose. It was reasonably priced and they were easy to work with.

Ooh I have had my eye on this one! Please do share pics !

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Gemobsessed those are beautiful garnets, and it seems, we have similar tastes. I’m eyeing the same setting from I&R, and I’m also planning to set a 6 mm mahenge garnet in this setting! Funny! I’ve just opened a thread about it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and bright! :appl:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9A45C27D-5D8D-4540-A2A9-97AA6C02DB84.jpeg D1B54AC1-B2D1-45F1-A275-B7B21AD3608A.jpeg Thank you Guys for your kind words and yes indeed that setting is gorgeous! I think I will definitely go the stacking route. The Umbalite garnet looks very purple in evening light and that will go with my smaller mehenge. Here are another couple of pics...

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! Who cut them??

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooo - beautiful! I love them both :appl:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful! Who cut them??

Thank you ! I got it from Abraham Gomez on Facebook. This is an octagon cut but from the bottom it’s like a Portuguese cut. It’s really his best. So shiny!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you send them the spess? I’m in Australia but they charge heaps here just to set so maybe it’s cheaper to post my sapphire over and get it set and returned?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BA049263-52B6-42DA-B1CA-22F7B929B132.jpeg I have bought a couple of garnets- One Umbalite and one small mehenge-6.5mm and 5mm respectively.

I was thinking they may make a cool stacker set or just be good on their own. Would really love some ideas! Please share your ideas for a low cost setting!

GREAT color and cuts on those garnets!! I love the stacking idea. Stuller.com has many reasonable priced settings.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
18769F54-B646-4227-B5D3-7167F7434333.jpeg Another here eyeing off Ivy and Rose for my bright yellow sapphire.
Maybe all us PS ers should be getting a discount - ha ha.
Oh my I totally agree! We should do get the discount!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GREAT color and cuts on those garnets!! I love the stacking idea. Stuller.com has many reasonable priced settings.

I am not that familiar with Stuller. I will check it out :)

Thanks so much

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
18769F54-B646-4227-B5D3-7167F7434333.jpeg Another here eyeing off Ivy and Rose for my bright yellow sapphire.
Maybe all us PS ers should be getting a discount - ha ha.

It is so hard to find a vivid yellow sapphire. Is it untreated? Where is the origin?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not that familiar with Stuller. I will check it out :)
Thanks so much

You won't be able to see the prices. I pick a setting and ask my local jeweler for the price of the mounting and their fee for setting the stone. Cost varies with the price of gold and how much metal the mounting uses. Different jewelers charge different amounts. I go to one that is comfortable setting garnets. HTH

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results