shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought some garnets!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so hard to find a vivid yellow sapphire. Is it untreated? Where is the origin?
It was in the dusty crumpled cardboard box of gems that was found (by the auction people) in the bottom of an antique wardrobe that I bought from house clearance auction (deceased estate). I don’t even think it’s heat treated as I can see the silk under magnification. I’ve bought a microscope so I’m looking forward to checking it out better.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good find. Such a beautiful colour in round shape

jewelsforalltosee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That trillion tho :love::love: love it!!

9A45C27D-5D8D-4540-A2A9-97AA6C02DB84.jpeg D1B54AC1-B2D1-45F1-A275-B7B21AD3608A.jpeg Thank you Guys for your kind words and yes indeed that setting is gorgeous! I think I will definitely go the stacking route. The Umbalite garnet looks very purple in evening light and that will go with my smaller mehenge. Here are another couple of pics...

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you send them the spess? I’m in Australia but they charge heaps here just to set so maybe it’s cheaper to post my sapphire over and get it set and returned?

Hi, Bron.
I did send it to Ivy & Rose to set. I was afraid it might not fit the setting right otherwise. They did a good job and were prompt.
Since then I’ve found a trustworthy, perfectionistic jeweler in the next town over. The price for setting it was probably about the same for me either way. Since I am basically in a rural area I like to support my local merchants when I can.
I think you’d be okay either way.
Susan

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results