shape
carat
color
clarity

PINK SAPPHIRE RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
For the price, I''d want a better cut stone. Pretty setting, though.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The ring is okay. Pink sapphires are expensive, but yes you could probably get a ring with a better stone. To me the setting looks just like a LOGR or adwar stock setting. So you could certainly save money in that area by buying one from them or something similar. Then you could spend the rest on a stone.

Precisiongem.com had a killer hot pink sapphire on the site not to long ago. I couldn''t find it just now in the sapphire section though. The gemtrader.com has pink sapphires sometimes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the level of treatment on the stone? Some are treated to enhance color significantly, and the types of treatment vary as well. That might matter to you.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the pink halo, but it disappears into the main stone. I think the ring is rather busy.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
TL has a good point. BTW I just realized that it''s $1,099 and not $2,500. I looked very quickly the first time. That price would be hard to match for a sapphire ring unless you bought an estate piece or went with a different type of pink stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring also has a pink gold backing, which indicates to me that the color needs "help."

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even at $1099 I think that it''s expensive. I love the setting (not sure about the pink sapp halo though). I think you could probably find nicer/cheaper elsewhere.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock

Thank you all for your input.

I''ve searched the web and have not found anything else that really catches my eye that is in my $1000 budget.

I would love to go custom but all the loose stones I have looked at seem to be around $1000.

I really do like this setting. I think the sapphire halo will make the stone appear larger.

I will check out a few more sites and hopefully make my desicion soon.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the ones that merco posted...

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for the suggestions.

I am actually now considering going custom. I took a look at a few stones on thegemtrader and Precisiongem.com and they are reasonable. I am giong to contact whiteflash to see what a custom setting would cost.
Does anyone else know of other companies that do custom work that I can get a quote from?

Thanks

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It depends on the look you''re after. WF does really good work. I know people have been happy with James Allen too, and you might also want to contact Wink Jones. Those three are all Pricescope vendors that have been used by people here. I think Wink Jones can tweak stock settings. He has some on his site.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thank you innerkitten, can you provide me with the website to wink jones?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, no problem :)
http://www.winkjones.com/

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Duh!, thank you.

Has anyone ever purchased a colored stone direct from whiteflash? I will be contacting Precisiongem.com and gemtrader, but does anyone know of any other reputable vendors that sell colored stones. I checked concavegems but there prices seem to be more then precision and gemtrader. Thanks for any feedback you give.

Regards

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few.
gemrite.com
acstones.com
custongemstones.com
There are more and of course everyone has their favorites. There is a sticky post at the top of the forum with a list.
GL. BTW I haven''t purchased any stones from WF. I bought diamond studs from them once. Nice people.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
If your total budget is $1000 you may find it rather difficult to source a stone AND setting similar to the first one you posted....Custom us usually more $$ than using stock settings.

LS

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 10:25:43 PM
Author: LostSapphire
If your total budget is $1000 you may find it rather difficult to source a stone AND setting similar to the first one you posted....Custom us usually more $$ than using stock settings.

LS
LS brought up a very good point about trying to balance your budget with a custom cut stone AND a good setting. It'll be difficult to get both for $1K.

azelismia

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just did a custom sapphire ring with the stone from precision gem and the ring from an ebay seller american set ( which turned out to be a very hot deal according to the jeweler who set it) I got a fairly blinged out setting with 50 smaller diamonds and two slightly larger baquettes of good quality in a heavy platinum setting. including the setting I went way over my 1000 dollar budget and spent 1800$ total including having it set. I could have gone with a cheaper setting from american set in the 800 dollar range but when you include the jeweler who sets the piece I don''t think I could have done it for under 1400.

that''s just my recent experience, if you can spend a little more it''s probably worth it if this is going to be a long time ring for you.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Nice suggestions Barcelona.
I love the first garnet!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a pink sapphire that's almost within your price range...
http://www.diamondbistro.com/index/jewelry_classifieds/jewelry_auctions7470.htm

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That was is really pretty and it appears to be a good deal.

sweetleila

Rough_Rock
I would see if Bob at Whiteflash can source the sapphire for you too. I know, I would have never considered them for a colored stone purchase either. I thought they were just a diamond and custom ring company.

I''d been looking for a sapphire for my engagement ring for almost two years, and in a last ditch effort asked Whiteflash to see what they could find me. In less than two weeks, they found my dream stone. It was the third one they brought in for me, which is saying a lot since I''ve probably looked at 40 stones in real life (after sifting through ones on the internet). I cannot recommend them enough.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hiya,
I know this thread hasn''t moved in a while and you''re thinking of going custom, but I saw this and thought of you. pink sapphire oval ring

Heishman

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all the suggestions.

mercoledi- that ring is really gorgeous.

Harriet- how have you been? It has been a while. Glad I ventured back to the forum before I made my purchase.
I actually bought a tourmaline from Gene and I am waiting to recieve it. This is my first colored stone purchase and I am so excited. It is not a sapphire, but I really fell in love with this color. Hope it looks amazing in person.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gem-from-gene.111729/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! I''m well. And you? Good choice -- rubellites are stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results