shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Sapphire Ring at MyJewelrySource???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whiteyemsr

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Potential engaged male here. I have absolutely no experience in shopping for jewelry. I am wondering if someone on this site might be of any help. I am looking at a pink sapphire ring on myjewelrysource.com. The link is here: http://www.myjewelrysource.com/pink-sapphire-rings/gr5528-pink-sapphire-ring.htm

Does anyone know anything about my jewelry source as far as quality and price are concerned? My girlfriend is very interested in a pink sapphire ring. She likes the square antique settings with the details around the ring and the base of the rink. This seems the perfect one, but I know nothing about shopping for rings online. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

Ed

PinkSapphireRing.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
err, well, I guess you could always order and see? I think some people are happy with their settings.

I think a double halo is a bit clunky, and upstages the pink stone. Kind of looks like they are trying to fit a cushion stone into an emerald setting.

I like pink, too! I usually go for less bright stones than that. Hot pink is a little too Barbie for me, but maybe that is like avoiding D IF diamonds because they look "fake."
40.gif
Anyway, lots of different pinks to chose from. Have you checked out www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com ?

So, I found the ring here: http://www.myjewelrysource.com/pink-sapphire-rings/gr5528-pink-sapphire-ring.htm
And I think it will sit high off her finger, and she will be knocking it around all the time. Something lower should be more comfortable.

whiteyemsr

Rough_Rock
I'm not quite sure what you mean about the "double halo" and how it "upstages the stone." Also, not sure what a cushion stone is. I'm completely jewelry illiterate. Thanks for the link to the other site. They have some great stuff there!

What do you mean by "avoiding D if diamonds because they look fake?" I'm gonna need you to break it down for me. Thanks for your help.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I can help!!
Halo= diamonds around the stone

It upstages---- this is only a subjective comment, but maybe too much for the stone
Natural sapphire company has settings very similar, but only a single halo and then you can chose a stone that fits perfectly.

Also www.cherrypicked.com --kinda expensive <====
and www.wildfishgems.com

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
D through Z

is color grading for a diamond, but you don''t really need to know about that if you are looking for a sapphire. D is completely white with no yellow tone.

Hope this helps, and don''t be afraid to ask

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Aww...poor guy!

I''m not quite sure what you mean about the "double halo" and how it "upstages the stone."
Halo is the ring of diamonds around the stone. There are two rings so double halo. This may in some opinion upstage the stone because the 2 rows are too showy, which takes attention away from the pink sapphire.

Also, not sure what a cushion stone is.
A cushion is sort of a squarish round/roundish square. It is the shape. Think of a square cushion you put on your chair...usually the edges will be rounded and cushiony.
What do you mean by "avoiding D if diamonds because they look fake?"
D is the highest, most colorless color rating for diamonds. IF (internally flawless) is the highest clarity rating. While these are perceived to be the "best" a naysayer might try to take someone with a diamond like this down a notch by saying, "it looks fake" i.e. it is too perfect to be real. I think there is a bit of sarcasm here.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Im far from an expert but it looks like there is a gap right by that prong which makes me feel like the stone is crammed into the setting. But honestly I am no expert just an opinion, I also agree about the double row of diamonds around the ring I think it would look nicer if the diamonds around the sapphire were a little more contoured.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I am new here too, but I will show you some things I have found. They have blue sapphires with halos but I am sure you could put a pink one in instead. The other people here will have to tell you if these people do good business as I have never heard of them.

ring 1
here is the same ring with a band on both sides
ring with bands

another one
ring 2

sloe-eyed

Rough_Rock
You might want to check out The Natural Sapphire Company, where I''m going to get my engagement ring. The prices are higher because their stones are untreated (meaning that they haven''t been heated to enhance their color. Most sapphires are heat-treated this way, and the untreated ones are rare. But as far as I know, there is not much difference between the two kinds except for some hard-to-see inclusions. I only prefer untreated because they are rarer.). They have a good selection of pink sapphires along with mountings, and will send you the stone for preview.

http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/stones.aspx?stonecategory=Pink

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

You weren''t kidding about jewelry illiterate. But lucky for you, you''re in the right place. To start you off... a ''halo'' is the picture frame like part of the setting. Double halo means that instead of just a picture frame around the center stone... there is a mat and a frame... or a double frame.

As for the rest of your question... please that this opportunity to spend a couple of hours on here learning some jewelry basics... there is a seach tool on here for you to look up unfamiliar terms (like halo) and drop downs to pages and pages of information on jewelry. Once you''ve familiarized your self with some basic lingo, some FAQ, and some general background information we can better assist you with your search. Also a budget would be helpful once you''ve done that... so we can see what we can find you in your price range.

Colored stones,like pink sapphires for example, can be natural, or treated. And there are various other things that one needs to be concerned about. Such as the cut quality of the stone itself. After all you don''t want to pay too much for a stone or inferior quality that she will be wearing for the rest of her life.

Settings too are something to become educated about. And as you want a setting with pave diamonds (the little diamonds in the setting you posted) you need to become educated about white diamonds as well. D IF refers to the color and the clarity of a white diamond. D is the highest, best color... and IF is the highest, best color. D IF diamonds also cost the most. And most people on here prefer to have a balance of quality and budget friendly diamonds, rather than the ultimate ''perfect in everyway'' diamond.

Good luck with your studying... you''ve found a great place... and you just need to sit and absorb and study for a while... then we can help you and it will be fine.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 7:11:13 PM
Author: jamiesorr
I am new here too, but I will show you some things I have found. They have blue sapphires with halos but I am sure you could put a pink one in instead. The other people here will have to tell you if these people do good business as I have never heard of them.

ring 1
here is the same ring with a band on both sides
ring with bands

another one
ring 2
Beverly K setting are high quality designer settings and are very reasonably priced. They are beautiful in person too. The cost on that ring, set with a garnet, is half the price of the one set with the blue sapphire. Good quality sapphire''s are expensive. I''ve never ordered from this site... but I go there to occasionally ogle. I would search for Topazery on here to see if anyone has ordered from them before. I know that you said you wanted a square-ish ring... and Beverly K has settings similar to that round one for Square center stones and for rectangular ones.

DimendScassi and Pearlmans Jewelers also carry Beverly K.

Dimend Scassi also sells Colored E-rings (pink sapphire''s too). http://www.dimendscaasi.com/engagement/Gemstones/default.asp

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ed,
I don''t know if this info is too late for you or not.

I bought a setting from my jewelry source a few months ago and I can''t say enough how helpful they were through emails. (and believe me, there were a few!! lol)

I actually think my ''real life'' photos of their setting make it look better bc the diamonds really sparkle!
here are two links to the ring I had made.
why 2 links you might ask...well, since I am obsessed PSer, I first put a rhodolite garnet there and three days later decidede it wasn''t light enough and changed it for a pink topaz which I LOVE...

I would definately buy from them again.

with the rhodo garnet
and
with my pink topaz!

please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Sophie

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty ring. The price on the website is $3799. So what am I missing?
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results