shape
carat
color
clarity

my oval spitshank ring with new pink topaz!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Well I am sure you are all probaby quite tired of seeing me here with this same thread story....split shank oval...blah, blah...

neverthe less, I have returned with new pics of my split shank semi mount I purchased from myjewelrysource.com and had a pink topaz set in it at a local jeweler.

What do you think?

This first pic best shows the true color...

outside faceup.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
in kitchen, direct light

direct light.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
just for fun, the flash on table.

flashy table.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty Sophie. I love it.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Sophie... I just want to say that this has to be one of my favorite gemstone rings!! that is just beautiful!! It would make the PERFECT PERFECT e-ring and it just wonderful!!!

Thanks for sharing it and I love it!! Where did you get the stone?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!!!! It''s just beautiful, Sophie!!! I LOVE the color of that stone!

Well done.
36.gif

Congratulations
widget

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL Sophie!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
aww thanks Mine! I love it too!
36.gif

Thanks Widget, I soooo admire your collection!

I got the stone from a local jeweler here in Picton, Ontario (canada). They are the same ones who made my wedding set. It''s called Marshman jewellers.
Their website is http://www.marshmanjewellers.com

The lady I work with is great. I had a rhodolite garnet in it originally and about a week later had second thoughts and she brought in lots more pinks for me to see.. I was himming and hawwing about if I should go to an even more inexpensive stone, bc I thought it might cheapen the overall look, but I ultimately decided that I wanted to go with the color I liked best. And if it was cheaper, bonus for me, right?! :)

this stone, an 8 x 10 cost me $60 Canadian. Not bad, me thinks. The setting, $429 US (about $479 canadian) for a grand total of $539. Not bad for this obsession of mine....heheheh

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, very pretty! I love the setting and the color is so great.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie, I love your new ring!!! Pink is one of my favorite colors, well done!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks guys!

I know some of you liked the rhodo garnet. I did too.....
see, in some lighting in was a gorgeous raspberry, but in most lighting it just looked red. This topaz is more bubblegum pink than I wanted, but between the two, this is the color I like best.

Right now I am wearing it every day, but I know that won''t last forever. I looked at pics online for splitshanks for MONTHS. Since I didn''t want this to be a big $$ project (like a thousand bucks) I looked for the best deal. For me, this is it!

This site has been a "bad" influence on me!! Next I want to get a round halo pendant, like what whiteflash is now stocking.....hmmm.....who knows!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a gorgeous ring!!!! I love it.
30.gif
The color is just beautiful. What a great find!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sophie:
35.gif

The ring style is beautiful and that is one heck of a saturated stone!
9.gif

Congrats!
9.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2006 9:54:26 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
Sophie:
35.gif

The ring style is beautiful and that is one heck of a saturated stone!
9.gif

Congrats!
9.gif
thanks Josh!
35.gif
I love it!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty. I''ll have to check out My Jewelry Source since I''m also looking for settings. Did they put it all together for you?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh, oops you already said ! Sorry ;-)

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
innerkitten,
I emailed them to find out if I could just order it as a semi mount, and she said yes and quoted the new price. Also, bc I was going to pick in up in Rochester, NY at my parents house (I live in Canada and it is $$$ to ship there) she checked if they could rush it to me in the timeframe I would be there.
I had a great emailing experiece with them, and she answered all my questions, provided more pics even...

Personally, I think the pics I have taken, as well as how it looks in real life do it more justice than the ones on the site. The diamonds don''t sparkle on the website pics...

and yes, the stone was here from my local jeweler.

I know I probably could have found one cheaper online but I do alot of business with this jeweler. This is a small town so it is good to have a local guy to work with. :)

I would definately order from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results