shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Orange Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joan

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I found this set..and I am so loving it. Pink-Orange Sapphires on 14k White Gold. Main ring 1.63 ct, .54 midddle stone. Wedding ring 1.25 ct. The site identifies all the stones as VVS2. I love it so much..do you think it's worth $1449 as a set? Please help me cause I'm about to buy it.

Thanks much,
Joan

Orange Pink Sapphire.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's really pretty, and the stones look pretty well matched, but I don't know about the value. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

What kind of return policy does the place have?

eac

Shiny_Rock
I'm guessing that these stones were color-treated with a new process that has caused some controversy. See the links below for details:
http://www.palagems.com/treated_sapphire_emmett.htm

http://www.colored-stone.com/stories/jan02/sapphire.cfm

I am also highly suspicious of their claimed "retail value" of $3600 to make $1499 sound like a bargain. All this makes me dubious about the value claim, even though the rings are pretty. I would be wary. Please shop around more before you decide to buy this!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also highly doubt the retail value of the set. I also DITTO what eac said. I collect natural padparadscha sapphires. I purchase them from www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com for $3,600 you can own a real sapphire and a real padparadscha. The choice is yours though.

Linda P.S. My Avatar is one of my Pads.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee hee, I will try.
9.gif

Joan

Rough_Rock
Hey thank for all of your help. I did look around more..but these rings were "calling" to me for some reason..and I am sure that has happened to most of you gem/diamond fans out there!
21.gif

I checked with the seller.. http://www.myjewelrysource.com My Jewelry Source..and the representative (who was very attentive) stated that although the stones in the rings had been heated..they are natural stones, and had not been treated with beryllium. So, I was relieved and bought them! Also, they offer a layaway plan..so you can order and reserve the piece you want..and I believe they will give you up to 12 months to pay (I won't need that long..but it does give me a bit of time..)

Now..I will be dreaming of other jewelry I can buy. I really really want a multicolored palladium or white gold gemstone bracelet..anyone out there with the info?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I think it is really pretty! I think it would look GORGEOUS in rose gold too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2008 11:00:28 PM
Author: Joan
Hey thank for all of your help. I did look around more..but these rings were ''calling'' to me for some reason..and I am sure that has happened to most of you gem/diamond fans out there!
21.gif

I checked with the seller.. http://www.myjewelrysource.com My Jewelry Source..and the representative (who was very attentive) stated that although the stones in the rings had been heated..they are natural stones, and had not been treated with beryllium. So, I was relieved and bought them! Also, they offer a layaway plan..so you can order and reserve the piece you want..and I believe they will give you up to 12 months to pay (I won''t need that long..but it does give me a bit of time..)

Now..I will be dreaming of other jewelry I can buy. I really really want a multicolored palladium or white gold gemstone bracelet..anyone out there with the info?
Do you mean like these rainbow sapphire bracelets? Link There is a picture of my bracelet set in 14k white gold here. Link It''s near the bottow of the page. Mine was made by a local jeweler, but they are fairly common.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
ohhh very pretty color!

While I don't know much about sapphires, I have to wonder why a VVS2 clarity doesn't warrant more cash. Is there a return policy on the set? You could always order it and have someone reliable take a look at it. What site did you find it on?

Oops, apparently tons of people posted while I was rofl. Ignore my comments!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with MP. I would have someone look at the rings. The price is way too low.

Linda

Joan

Rough_Rock
When I receive the rings I will get it independently appraised (something I learned at ps! ;-) and if they are the real deal..then I done good. If not..well then we''ll see...:S

In terms of the price maybe because the stones aren''t that large..I mean the largest one in the middle is only a .54 could that be it?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joan,

Please keep us posted and post pictures if you can.
36.gif

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I don;''t know anything about the value but the color is very pretty in my opinion! I hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results