shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Diamond?

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Hi.... I've read the post to get rings from a few places, but didnt see any mention for Astteria of London.
Was wondering your thoughts?

As well, I'd like to get a small Natural pink diamond, but I have no idea what to look for. Since its Covid- I cant really go out to shop and look at these.
If my budget is like Max $4K with ring setting.... What would you rather get?
I have a size 5 ring finger, for scale of size. :)

a) Larger stone, but pale - like faint pink? - Is Faint Pink even worth it?
b) Medium smaller stone, but more brown pink?
c) Fancy brown/ or orange in a smaller?
d) Even smaller in a fancy purple?

Some of the rings settings that I like online are price are the following.

I hope no one purchases them while on this post haha. but i guess IF someone does.. its not meant to be.

Hope these links work. Thoughts?

voce

Ideal_Rock
They're very different styles. Which one, if any, makes your heart sing?

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
haha I like the 1.28ct one. but it's more $$$ and I think it's that price because the stone has some noticable carbon dots. The GIA cert is not the full cert though.

I dont know what I should look for.But I think I like the styles of these more than some other I have seen.

I doubt I'll ever sell my rings. But I'm not sure what colour is better.
Or if I should keep looking...

voce

Ideal_Rock
haha I like the 1.28ct one. but it's more $$$ and I think it's that price because the stone has some noticable carbon dots. The GIA cert is not the full cert though.

The 1.28ct is the total carat weight. The GIA cert picture shows the center stone is only 0.37ct. This is why it's still within the range of affordability.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
haha yes. all are tiny stones. Hence still something I can afford.

Which do you like more?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that the “very light pink” stones will be extremely pale in real life. Have a look at Leibish- they have lots of pink diamonds and ring settings, plus some rings, you might see something you like!

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could afford his rings! They are way out of my price point. :(

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
I am worried about the paleness too though :(

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would look at Leibish for the stone, not the setting. You can get a simple setting from many places. Leibish has a ton of choices and I think you'll have better luck there vs the ones on ebay.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
I would look at Leibish for the stone, not the setting. You can get a simple setting from many places. Leibish has a ton of choices and I think you'll have better luck there vs the ones on ebay.

thanks! I'll do that.

Would you do a pink brown but larger or a more pink but smaller and included?

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock

thanks!!! Yah these are cool. I want something a bit more classic. but that last one is pretty cool. Maybe I won't do a classic piece :p

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
thanks!!! Yah these are cool. I want something a bit more classic. but that last one is pretty cool. Maybe I won't do a classic piece :p

If it were me, I would call Diamonds by Lauren, tell them your price point and what you want. I bet they can work with you.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Saturated pink diamonds are super expensive (as I am sure you noticed). Another option might be a saturated sapphire center in a diamond halo.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would call DBL. having said that, settings like that don’t come cheap either. Is the budget for the stone alone?

I would also follow Alex park (parks fine group) on IG. He had amazing deals and posted two pink pears just hours ago (both got snapped up in seconds). Well worth taking a look as I find his prices are the best. I’ve never bought from him myself but I know some others have.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
in
Saturated pink diamonds are super expensive (as I am sure you noticed). Another option might be a saturated sapphire center in a diamond halo.

However small, I am hoping to add a pink diamond to my rings :) But a good idea!

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
I would call DBL. having said that, settings like that don’t come cheap either. Is the budget for the stone alone?

I would also follow Alex park (parks fine group) on IG. He had amazing deals and posted two pink pears just hours ago (both got snapped up in seconds). Well worth taking a look as I find his prices are the best. I’ve never bought from him myself but I know some others have.

I knowwwwwww. Omg. I never am on IG often enough. He had a parcel a while ago with some small pinks and a center.. nice colour. but was gone immediately! I have DM'd him. He wont do custom orders under 10K. I wish I had that kinda money.

That's my budget for the ring. I'm saving for a larger Alex. Lol That's my heart and passion.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
I just heard Pink Diamonds are gonna go up in value once the Argyle Mines close and I dont wanna kick myself for wanting a pink later. lol

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To be fair I think they’ve gradually been getting more expensive over the years I’ve been watching them. Not sure if it’s an immediate effect on closure of the mine... I suppose it could be?

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Yes. I think the mine is due to close this year. And it was announced in 2018 or 19.

I've only just started to get into the jewelery collecting. Haha before I bought fun trendy pieces or silver pieces. Finally have to admit I'm getting to an age I want to have a few nicer pieces.

Most of my old rings and my ER dont look nice together.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just heard Pink Diamonds are gonna go up in value once the Argyle Mines close and I dont wanna kick myself for wanting a pink later. lol

I dont think all pinks will go up in value, just argyle. So dont buy one unless you really want it (dont buy it bc you think it will go up in value later or you might regret it, etc). I'm the worst person to ask about pink vs pink brown bc I am obsessed with pink brown and that's my holy grail color. So it's hard for me to imagine "settling " for one haha

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
ok. I'd admit that I'm drawn more to the pink browns (almost millenial pink)/ dusty rose more than the orange pinks and the purple pinks.
I dont like the bubble gums. But the light pinks I do like.

O I'm so not certain. but yah good point. I read that 90% of pinks come from Argyle. But not all are labeled Argyle Pinks or get the cert. Do you know if that is true? the A.P I can afford is like sesame size haha no point to go after that.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should establish whether you really want a pink diamond because:
1. You love it? ; OR
2. You think it's an investment?

The answer may alter what you buy. :think: If you just love them - simply choose the colour that you love within your budget. Diamonds by Lauren or Liebish are great places to start.

If the answer is for future investment purposes - then you may need to devote ALL your budget to get the most intense pink possible (Argyle branded etc). Make sense?

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think most pinks come from argyle... do they? I think the argyle mines produced some stunning pinks with particularly good colours, hence their reputation but to my knowledge there are other mines in other countries!

I love pinks for pinks but don’t have the budget for them so the most I have is a light barely pink band, a tiny loose light pink pear and a highly included but very purple pink little cushion. One day I’ll get these set!

Pinks are inherently a pale colour is what I’ve found. Which means even some fancy pinks just don’t look that pink. The bigger the size, the more the colour shows...

Adam95

Shiny_Rock

I dont know what I should look for.But I think I like the styles of these more than some other I have seen.

I doubt I'll ever sell my rings. But I'm not sure what colour is better.
Or if I should keep looking...

Be extremely careful when a fancy coloured diamond comes with only the dossier, another for grading report from GIA. They can include whatever cut and clarity ratings they like. The full report is expensive, but more importantly, it doesn't leave any doubt between VS2 and SI1, which is how sellers can get a better margin.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Really? you mean those
Be extremely careful when a fancy coloured diamond comes with only the dossier, another for grading report from GIA. They can include whatever cut and clarity ratings they like. The full report is expensive, but more importantly, it doesn't leave any doubt between VS2 and SI1, which is how sellers can get a better margin.

Thanks!
Do you mean those condensed brief GIA certs?
I have noticed some sellers with those and often wondered why it did not have the clarity info, but was from GIA.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
So against everyone's rule of thumb with Leibish and DBL and even JA, I went with a ring I saw off 1stdibs.
The ones I liked off their pages were too $$$ for me. I fell in love with something else. I've always loved rose cut diamonds but never pulled the trigger on a solitaire as everyone said they weren't good value for a diamond. So this has the rose cuts as accents. Less of a Halo look - that I find most small pinks to be set in.

The title is misleading. It's actually a 0.2 ct center. It has a GIA cert @Adam95, thanks for the tip, also a consideration why I went with this one. The center has a full GIA report. The seller was very nice and seems like their reviews were very good.

Funny enough, though not listed in the info, but I found out afterwards it's from Astteria. The same place that designed my OPs links. I must really like their styles.

I also reached out to Astteria for those 3 rings from Ebay already and sent him the 1stdibs ring after I found out it was designed by them. He did say it was one of their previous rings and could design the same thing. But his stone offerings were not the colour/clarity I wanted. It was a i1 in a similar colour or a SI2(? forgot) in a brown pink. But both were a tad larger at 0.24. He hasn't replied me in a few days and my hold and offer on 1stdibs was going to expire. So I went with the purchase from 1stdibs.

Hope I made the right choice! Waiting for the ring to arrive, hopefully in time for my bday.

Hubby was on a hunt for a vintage chanel for me (also on my bucket list-but that's another story) I downgraded (in price) for this instead. I'm a Ring girl after all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results