color
clarity

PINCH ME! 1.93ct OEC in Tacori 2531

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

Rosebloom|1344729688|3249924 said:
Now when I someday call Adam I'll say I want one like Mara's honker and YayTacori's honker! It's divine!
My goodness! You are too sweet! Thanks for calling it a honker!

Polished|1344731460|3249939 said:
You carry it so beautifully, stone and setting look perfect on your finger. It also fits its box - so exciting to lift the lid!
Thank you! I was pretty ecstatic when I opened the box. I believe my first words were OH MY GOD, HOLY CRAP!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yaytacori, It is perfection!!! :appl:

Your OEC is stunning, the facets are AMAZING. :love: :love: :love:

The setting is so beautiful and unique, it looks right at home holding that honkin' OEC!

D

Deactivated member 42515

armywife13|1344733645|3249957 said:
Yaytacori, It is perfection!!! :appl:

Your OEC is stunning, the facets are AMAZING. :love: :love: :love:

The setting is so beautiful and unique, it looks right at home holding that honkin' OEC!

Thank you armywife13! I wish I could get a better picture of a the facets! They seem to want to hide whenever I bring the camera out! Like my dogs when I wanna take a picture of them! :lol:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori that is just gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Really, really drop dead specatular!!!!
I love the mix of OEC with the step cuts! I've seen that combo before while looking at rings on antique jewelry sites and absolutely love it. Enjoy that ring! I know I would :appl:

peasypeas

Rough_Rock
squeee that's gorgeous!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There she is..!! I love that stone you've got there...I can totally see the beautiful faceting. And you asked about pastels for mine originally, isn't it crazy how they just come out at the most awesome times? I swear it's just amazing.

Just beautiful, love the piece! and ditto Adam being so great to work with! MORE PICS!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT I remember so well when you joined PS and got your lovely Tacori setting, and I am so happy now to see such a gorgeous diamond set into your lovely mount :appl: It looks perfect.

Here is a tip for more photos -- which you MUST post!! Open the original super high resolution images for those first few pics you took, or any of them really, in whatever photo editing program you have and crop the image so that the diamond fills the entire cropped region. THEN post them. Voila -- facets galore!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
WOW ... it's really gorgeous! Enjoy!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
All around beautiful! It's so exciting to just get such a beautiful, substantial piece. I hope it makes you wake up and smile!

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
I think this is a beautiful example of an L stone with F/G melee. I wish I'd seen this before I sent my AVC off for setting - I originally had my heart set on a halo, but was put off doing so, because I was concerned that people would think that L stone looked "yellow" because of the melee contrast - the general opinion on this forum being that J or higher was ok, or N or lower - but not K, L and M stones.

This just confirms my thoughts, that K, L and M stones look just fine with F/G melee!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning and looks most perfect on you lady. I hope you enjoy looking at it every chance you get!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! This is crazy gorgeous!!! Wow!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
it looks outstanding from every angle. wow! enjoy it!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That stone is amazing! The faceting pattern is to die for and your tacori setting shows it off beautifully!

Well done!

D

Deactivated member 42515

woofmama|1344737107|3249974 said:
YayTacori that is just gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Really, really drop dead specatular!!!!
I love the mix of OEC with the step cuts! I've seen that combo before while looking at rings on antique jewelry sites and absolutely love it. Enjoy that ring! I know I would :appl:

Aww thank you woofmama! I too love the contrast between the step cuts and the old world! You can borrow the ring when you like! haha :naughty:

Peasypeas! Thank you for the kind words! And the squee! :D

D

Deactivated member 42515

Mara|1344740697|3250005 said:
There she is..!! I love that stone you've got there...I can totally see the beautiful faceting. And you asked about pastels for mine originally, isn't it crazy how they just come out at the most awesome times? I swear it's just amazing.

Just beautiful, love the piece! and ditto Adam being so great to work with! MORE PICS!

Thank you Mara! I hope you didn't mind me asking Adam for a stone like your's! It's just that your's is so exquisite!
Yes! The pastels are sooo ahhhmazing! Your's must be that much more since your's is a major honker!

Dreamer_D|1344745854|3250038 said:
YT I remember so well when you joined PS and got your lovely Tacori setting, and I am so happy now to see such a gorgeous diamond set into your lovely mount :appl: It looks perfect.

Here is a tip for more photos -- which you MUST post!! Open the original super high resolution images for those first few pics you took, or any of them really, in whatever photo editing program you have and crop the image so that the diamond fills the entire cropped region. THEN post them. Voila -- facets galore!

Thank you Dreamer! Yes, you probably remember cuz I was a little coockoo cachoo back then! :nono:
Thanks for the picture tips! I shall try this today once it gets cooler outside. It's a little over 100 degrees today. :angryfire:

D

Deactivated member 42515

lknvrb4, Kalrik, bright ice, Diamond*Dana, daintyG, tyty333- Thank you very much!

CaratLover2|1344771590|3250089 said:
I think this is a beautiful example of an L stone with F/G melee. I wish I'd seen this before I sent my AVC off for setting - I originally had my heart set on a halo, but was put off doing so, because I was concerned that people would think that L stone looked "yellow" because of the melee contrast - the general opinion on this forum being that J or higher was ok, or N or lower - but not K, L and M stones.

This just confirms my thoughts, that K, L and M stones look just fine with F/G melee!
What setting did you decide? I saw that you were wanting a Tacori and was concerned about the melee. But yes, the L looks ivory, almost the same color as the rest of the ring most of the time. Maybe only 25% of the time does it show any body color. And when it does, it only makes the center stone pop ever more! I love it. The thing is tho, that I looked at a GIA M before this GIA L and that one had A LOT of body color. It looks very yellow face up. Not eggshell or creamy, but yellow so for me it wasn't it. It was pretty but wasn't what I was looking for. When do you get your ring back?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Oh, wow! That is STUNNING!!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :love: :appl:

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
YayTacori|1344813132|3250372 said:
lknvrb4, Kalrik, bright ice, Diamond*Dana, daintyG, tyty333- Thank you very much!

CaratLover2|1344771590|3250089 said:

What setting did you decide? I saw that you were wanting a Tacori and was concerned about the melee. But yes, the L looks ivory, almost the same color as the rest of the ring most of the time. Maybe only 25% of the time does it show any body color. And when it does, it only makes the center stone pop ever more! I love it. The thing is tho, that I looked at a GIA M before this GIA L and that one had A LOT of body color. It looks very yellow face up. Not eggshell or creamy, but yellow so for me it wasn't it. It was pretty but wasn't what I was looking for. When do you get your ring back?

I'm having my AVC set by Victor Canera in his Sophia setting - the one with the french cuts. It will be a RHR for a very special up-coming birthday! BUT - that still left me with my e-ring upgrade. I was following a number of your posts, because you were looking for a 1.5ct-er J colour - and that was something I was seriously considering for my e-ring upgrade. You might remember I bought that .93 J AVR that you once had - but I returned it and brought a 1.3 G AVR - Hubby thought I might as well, as we might never have the opportunity to buy another in the future. I know it's not a 1.5ct-er, but it's much bigger than my current .75ct, so I'm VERY HAPPY!

I would love to spend more time doing research into these OEC's - While I love the peace of mind that comes with AVR's, I love the romance of OEC's, and thinking about the life they've seen - but I don't have any experience with diamonds, and also buying online and living outside the US makes it difficult! I'm happy with my purchases from GOG - and I know that if anything happens, I can always upgrade in future, or return for a partial refund. But your research and perseverance has really paid off! Your diamond and ring are really beautiful - stunning in fact - and maybe one day, when my new 1.3 G AVR grows up, it might mature into something similar! I can only hope!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thank you distracts, Spesh2011!

Per Dreamer's advice, I tried to take some better shots of the facets. I thought I did well but I still can't seem to get those crisp pictures! Anywho... here goes :wavey:

_500.jpg

_501.jpg

_502.jpg

ps5.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

more

_503.jpg

ps7.jpg

ps8.jpg

ps9.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

The first picture, magnified. I see the kozibe!

ps10.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
yum yum yum!!! that is so stunning - I will NEVER get tired of seeing more and MORE of this ring!! It is just amazing, YayTacori!! You are a very lucky lady to have such a gorgeous ring - its AWESOME!

Love the kozibe effect - and that photo (ps9) is my favourite of just the diamond alone and the facets!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IT's beautiful! The setting complements your stone perfectly. Enjoy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1344869239|3250551 said:
The first picture, magnified. I see the kozibe!

LOVEEEEEEEEE.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is friggen stunning and that setting is so unique, I love it!!! Beautiful ring YT!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular diamond!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results