shape
carat
color
clarity

Pigeon blood ruby from Vietnam

landscape

Shiny_Rock
I didn't see any information about Vietnamese pigeon blood ruby in PS forum. So I Post a pigeon blood ruby from Vietnam in this thread

A 1.22ct unheated Vietnamese pigeon blood ruby with extremely bright color. The color is bright and rich red without purple-brown tone. The crystal is perfect without purple haze, and the naked eye flaws are not obvious.
Vietnamese rubies are generally light in color and have a purplish smoky hue, with very few reaching true red (or are they sold as Burmese rubies?).
I have been asking sellers to find 2-carat samples of Vietnamese pigeon blood rubies for long time. Many of the Vietnamese rubies provided by sellers have purple haze or are very light in color, and the color cannot reach the color of pigeon blood. Recently, I finally found this ruby with a good color. , although the weight is not 2ct, but the color is satisfactory. It is said that the pigeon blood red in Vietnam is very small, and there are very few 2ct ones.

The certificate is AIGS unheated pigeon blood ruby,origin Vietnam
DSC_8143a.jpg DSC_8131.jpg DSC_8132.jpg DSC_8133.jpg DSC_8134.jpg
DSC_8143.jpg DSC_8136.jpg DSC_8137.jpg DSC_8138.jpg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That’s beautiful. I just love your threads!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This color is sublime!

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful.

Do you know where it is from in Vietnam? Most of them come from Luc Yen, along with spinel, but apparently the best rubies are found in Quy Chau District, so perhaps it's from there.

The color is utter perfection... thank you for sharing it!! But my wandering and curious mind is compelled to ask why you blurred out your finger tips. Is this to avoid fingerprint/identity theft?
pixelSHERLOCK_finished.gif

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
That is a ruby! I don’t care where it’s from. If you don’t want it, I do! But I think you do!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful color! If you ever feel like it, I hope to see all your red rubies and spinels side by side, would be so educational. Btw, can I ask if there are significant differences between Vietnamese and Burmese origin, such as in the rutile silk? I have heard they are hard to distinguish so I wonder what gem labs look for.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful.

Do you know where it is from in Vietnam? Most of them come from Luc Yen, along with spinel, but apparently the best rubies are found in Quy Chau District, so perhaps it's from there.

Thank you for your information. The certificate only gives the country of origin is Vietnam, no more details.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful color! If you ever feel like it, I hope to see all your red rubies and spinels side by side, would be so educational. Btw, can I ask if there are significant differences between Vietnamese and Burmese origin, such as in the rutile silk? I have heard they are hard to distinguish so I wonder what gem labs look for.

I'm also considering comparing them together, but their size and cut differ too much, and I'm thinking about how to remove these effects
Each certification agency has their own method of identifying the origin, which they do not publish. .

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
fingerprint/identity theft

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible! :oops2: Entirely understandable for you, of course, everyone here knows the value of your collection is well beyond imagination, so it totally makes sense to take extra precautionary steps.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, so hard to find a good ruby and the prices are $$$$

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I didn't even know that was possible! :oops2: Entirely understandable for you, of course, everyone here knows the value of your collection is well beyond imagination, so it totally makes sense to take extra precautionary steps.

Because it may happen that people around me are also on the forum

poppystar

Rough_Rock
I didn't see any information about Vietnamese pigeon blood ruby in PS forum. So I Post a pigeon blood ruby from Vietnam in this thread

A 1.22ct unheated Vietnamese pigeon blood ruby with extremely bright color. The color is bright and rich red without purple-brown tone. The crystal is perfect without purple haze, and the naked eye flaws are not obvious.
Vietnamese rubies are generally light in color and have a purplish smoky hue, with very few reaching true red (or are they sold as Burmese rubies?).
I have been asking sellers to find 2-carat samples of Vietnamese pigeon blood rubies for long time. Many of the Vietnamese rubies provided by sellers have purple haze or are very light in color, and the color cannot reach the color of pigeon blood. Recently, I finally found this ruby with a good color. , although the weight is not 2ct, but the color is satisfactory. It is said that the pigeon blood red in Vietnam is very small, and there are very few 2ct ones.

The certificate is AIGS unheated pigeon blood ruby,origin Vietnam
DSC_8143a.jpg DSC_8131.jpg DSC_8132.jpg DSC_8133.jpg DSC_8134.jpg
DSC_8143.jpg DSC_8136.jpg DSC_8137.jpg DSC_8138.jpg

Love your posts landscape! Can you start a thread on blue sapphires please? I’m sure you have an amazing collection

avoid fingerprint/identity theft,Thanks

Ahh so then you're not an infamous international jewel thief on the run from the law, wanted in 5 countries? Darn... I was really enjoying the notion of intrigue and noir-ish implications! (Just joking, of course.) :D I, like everyone else, am thoroughly impressed with your extensive collection and body of knowledge... probably the nicest private collection of gems I've ever seen. Keep them coming!

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Love your posts landscape! Can you start a thread on blue sapphires please? I’m sure you have an amazing collection

There are many blue Sapphire threads in the forum, I don't think it is necessary to open a new thread. . .I like to share some information that is not available on the forum

Last edited:

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Ahh so then you're not an infamous international jewel thief on the run from the law, wanted in 5 countries? Darn... I was really enjoying the notion of intrigue and noir-ish implications! (Just joking, of course.) :D I, like everyone else, am thoroughly impressed with your extensive collection and body of knowledge... probably the nicest private collection of gems I've ever seen. Keep them coming!

It's not that complicated. Because if someone who knows me can find my house, fingerprint can open the door to my house

It's not that complicated. Because if someone who knows me can find my house, fingerprint can open the door to my house

Interesting! Yeah, you definitely don't want to broadcast the key to your home on the interwebs... smart!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have many beautiful gems.
Your interest in and love of these amazing creations of nature inspires you seek out excellent examples.
We are fortunate that you care to share them with us.
thank you.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
You have many beautiful gems.
Your interest in and love of these amazing creations of nature inspires you seek out excellent examples.
We are fortunate that you care to share them with us.
thank you.

Thanks, I also learned a lot and got a lot of information from the PS forum

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Newly arrived a 2.03ct Vietnamese ruby, AIGS VV red unheated pigeon blood ruby. It's a pity that it has a slight purple haze
DSC_8265.jpg DSC_8266.jpg DSC_8268.jpg DSC_8279.jpg DSC_8271.jpg DSC_8280.jpg DSC_8281.jpg

The purple haze gives it a magical feeling, rather like the opalescent sapphires that have been all the range lately. I can see that it must sparkle beautifully. But of course, compared to that neon red specimen next to it, it loses in terms of vividness.

M

maru8888777

It's so useful to see it next to the red! I wouldn't have seen the purple haze quite as clearly otherwise.
Do Vietnamese rubies fluoresce? Forgive my ignorance, I know nothing about rubies but love red!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Newly arrived a 2.03ct Vietnamese ruby, AIGS VV red unheated pigeon blood ruby. It's a pity that it has a slight purple haze
DSC_8265.jpg DSC_8266.jpg DSC_8268.jpg DSC_8279.jpg DSC_8271.jpg DSC_8280.jpg DSC_8281.jpg

WANT!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results