shape
carat
color
clarity

Pietersite - KashmirBlue''s site

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I got a newsletter email from Ed today. He is offering all pietersite on his website at 25% off. He is about to return to India in 10 days and can easily ship before then.

I''ve not seen this on PS before, but I think they would make some really lovely cabochon pendants or maybe even rings or a cool bracelet. I bet some of the etsy sellers could make some lovely pieces. The stones are super affordable for anyone wanting a little something new.

Seems the stones come from China or Africa and folks he knows provided him with the stones on his site from the African mine.

I emailed him asking how to buy them. He indicated that 25% would be taken off the price listed and he''d send a paypal invoice. He is a really nice guy. He was in Denver recently, but I missed him when I had to be out of town for a funeral.

http://www.kashmirblue.com/Coloredstones/Pietersite/pietersite.html Check out this link. What do you think? Which ones interest you the most? I need some help picking a couple.
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Fun stuff - I''ve only seen it once (Natural History Museum in London''s gemmology department) - nice alternative to tigers eye/hawks eye etc.

Did a quick google and it seems that you want it to show as much blue as possible.

Would make nice cufflinks or a pendant I think. Could also be fun in a necklace with chain linked bezel set cabs (al la DBTY) - maybe mix a few pieces of this with tiger''s eye, hawk''s eye and red tiger''s eye cabs as well since they are all the same family.

I''d also set in yellow gold.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
pretty

5924sm.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:57:08 PM
Author: Pandora II
Fun stuff - I''ve only seen it once (Natural History Museum in London''s gemmology department) - nice alternative to tigers eye/hawks eye etc.

Did a quick google and it seems that you want it to show as much blue as possible.

Would make nice cufflinks or a pendant I think. Could also be fun in a necklace with chain linked bezel set cabs (al la DBTY) - maybe mix a few pieces of this with tiger''s eye, hawk''s eye and red tiger''s eye cabs as well since they are all the same family.

I''d also set in yellow gold.
I saw the notes about blue being the most desirable, but some of the mixed color pieces are beautiful.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I dig the spheres.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy olging their inventory. Which one do you like?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This one is cool 13x18mm

tn_0661.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
or this one

tn_0584.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
pretty

tn_0644.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
ok, one more of that size

tn_0625.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 9:29:45 AM
Author: cinnamon013
or this one
I know the 2nd one may not be the best but the swirls remind me of our planet earth.
41.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Cool stuff! I''m off to check out their site..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results