Premium
Re: Pictures please of pink/peach stones with plat/silver pr

Kenny,
This stone would look good no matter what the metal. :love:

file.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

TL, that ring is gorgeous. Where is it from? What shape are the sidestones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pregcurious|1311045033|2971914 said:

That was a huge fancy pink diamond that was auctioned off at a major auction house. I think Laurence Graff bought it. Those side stones look like modified shield cuts.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

TL|1311047141|2971940 said:
pregcurious|1311045033|2971914 said:

That was a huge fancy pink diamond that was auctioned off at a major auction house. I think Laurence Graff bought it. Those side stones look like modified shield cuts.

That ring was a couple of million if I recall correctly. Not for the realm of mere mortals. Sigh. Yep, shield or kite cuts.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock

@Mustang girl - Those are pretty! And your cat looks adorable as well. :) The white gold prong one looks very much like the ring I posted on one of these threads... is it a diamond center too? Looks like a nice shade of purplish pink.

@LovingDiamonds - A few??? Hello. Learn to count please. Gawd... :D Very nice collection, so lucky. If I ask about green diamonds in another thread will you post your montage too? :)) From your pictures I realised that visually the Purplish Pink ones are really quite nice to my eye.

@Kelpie - Not yet, picking soon. They are getting ready to fly around the world for their final lineup. FCD beauty pagent!

@Star & Athena - Yeah, me too. But I find I'm firmly in the minority for tons of things

@Freke - No, not the exact hue, but your photos emphasize what I prefer about white settings. It seems to enhance the 'purity' of the stone's colour, while the rose ones seem to blend a bit with the stone. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say. Same effect of the white halos and white settings on the Padparascha thread pregcurious posted a link to

Ok, think that's all of you. For those I missed out, thanks too! :)

Please keep the ideas/posts coming. And for the rest that are reading, dust off those pink stones in your collection! They deserve a cleanup and a nice session in front of the camera.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the choice of white, yellow or rose gold prongs depends on the pink/peach stone itself. It's hard to say which one will fit in general because the strength of colour and exact hue (leaning towards peach or more towards the pink) plays a big role in it. A rose gold might not be complimentary for a pale peachy shade but yellow gold might be more suited, as an example. Also, when the stone is well saturated, then anything will go well with it.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Tristan, sadly the first and third pics are not diamonds, they're some of Wink's Sunset colored CZs. Since you were asking prong color I slipped those in. I would love to replace the smaller round with a brown/pink diamond (it's only 5mm), and one of the side bands on that ring is faint pink diamonds in rose gold.

I like rose/yellow prongs on lighter pink stones that need a bit of a color boost, but on a stronger colored stone I think white colored metals look lovely.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Found a few more (not diamonds) but hopefully it'll give you an idea of pink/gold metal colour. I've picked the paler pink colours as these are probably more representational of how a pink diamond may look.

Photo 1: Kunzite in rose gold.
Photo 2: Kunzite in yellow gold.
Photo 3: A more lilac coloured Kunzite in yellow gold. (Forgive the name of the photo file but this is the Kunzite I put in the oven to "cook" it to obtain a darker colour)!

In my experience, the pinker the gem the easier it is to use a white metal. The lilac metals do look a bit cold and can lose some of their oomph in white metal. Having said that, I've seen pink diamonds in rose gold that look terrible because the rose gold has been too coppery and the contrast then is not good.

Kunzite Top1_1_1.JPG

Kunzite trilliant cut pendant.jpg

Kunzite pre cooking 4.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results