shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of this Tacori setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Thank you lucyandroger! She was thrilled with it.

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Any ideas on my resizing conundrum? I learned about the little beads they can put in to snug up the ring a bit, do those work well? I''d probably rather do that than having the ring physically altered, just in case her fingers get bigger. Are those easily removed?

littlemissbliss

Shiny_Rock
Jonah,

I do not know much about resizing so I can''t help you there. But I have to tell you that her ring is gorgeous!! And it looks much, much, much bigger than a .45 (is that what you wrote in an earlier post?)

Great job! She''s a lucky girl!

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much :)

It is, indeed, .45ct. To be fair, she has pretty small hands and the band is a pretty thin 2mm. It does look bigger than I expected though, which was a welcome surprise. All I know is she''s a happy girl, and that makes me a happy man. Aside from the fact that she''s already up to her ears in wedding magazines, lol.

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Boy, this forum moves FAST.

I''m not trying to be a pest, I just don''t know what I should do to make this ring fit her a little better. I''m afraid of getting it physically resized as I have the worst luck with things just going wrong. That and she would be sad if the little tacori stamp got messed up, haha.

Just looking for suggestions, help (mental or otherwise), or just reassurance that resizing is no big deal. I''ve never really had to do it before.

Thanks again everyone :)

noneek

Rough_Rock
This ring looks gorgeous. You did very well. My advice on the resize is not to go to just anyone. If possible go to the jeweler who set your ring in the first place.
Good luck!!!

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
The problem is, I bought the ring from a Jeweler out of state. I''m not sure if it would be best to take it to a Tacori certified jeweler (an hour away) or just take it to a local jeweler. Or is a chain a good idea? I assumed that a chain would be the last choice...but then I also don''t really know squat about this, haha.

Thanks.

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Jonah, I''m surprised no one else has chimed in, so I will.

I have a Tacori engagement ring setting that had to be sized down. We bought the setting at Bailey Banks and Biddle here in Dallas, and it''s one of their larger stores with repair staffers onsite.

BB&B handled the resizing themselves rather than sending the ring to Tacori in California.

HOWEVER - I recommend calling a Tacori-certified jeweler directly and asking THEM. Getting Tacori, or one of their authorized representatives, involved protects your rights under Tacori''s lifetime warranty. I would *not*, under any circumstances, take it to a chain store.

I don''t have sizing beads in my ring, but I''ve definitely been considering it. When they''re done properly, they supposedly aren''t felt by the wearer. Someone else can correct me if I''m wrong, but I believe the beads are designed to keep the ring from spinning and slipping, rather than solving a sizing problem. The beads are pretty small.

From what I understand, though, sizing the kind of band your fiancee has is not that difficult.

And re: the Tacori logo, mine is stamped into the side, not the bottom, so resizing shouldn''t affect that.

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for the info. I found a BB&B about 45 minutes from me, I''ll call them and see what they say.

The tacori stamp is on the side and the other side has that little crescent. I assume they go between those 2 to size it.

The funny thing is that her fingers fluctuate a lot in weather. She came in from the cold yesterday and the ring was seriously loose, but then later that night it was much more snug. I just need to take her up there and get her sized...at room temperature I guess, lol.

Other than the size though, I couldn''t be happier with Tacori. After I bought it I read all kinds of horror stories about them, but they seem to have done really good work and my fiance LOVES the ring.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:46:54 PM
Author: Jonah80
She''s a very small girl, and really doesn''t wear a lot of jewelry. She likes elegant, classic, almost antique-y looking jewelry...so I''m hoping this fits the bill.
It looks perfect then. Good luck with everything!

KatM

Shiny_Rock
woops, replied too soon! congratulations, it''s beautiful!

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Thank you
1.gif

It really turned out to be exactly what she wanted. I''m pretty proud of myself
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, and you are so sweet for putting so much effort forth for her. I''m glad she said yes for you!

And I ditto the previous poster that mentioned calling Tacori - it''s better safe than sorry. She may be without her ring for a week, but it''s worth it to keep from voiding Tacori''s lifetime warranty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 11:04:30 AM
Author: Jonah80
Well I finally got the ring in! I really like it. It''s very petite, and I think it will be perfect for her.

I took a picture with my phone, but it''s not very detailed.

Anyway, here is the first, somewhat crummy, picture.
GORGEOUS, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonah80

Rough_Rock
Well I called BB&B. They said they would either do it there or send it Tacori, they have to see the ring first I guess.

Oh well, at least I have some idea now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results