shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture Overload of my Catherine Cardellini Freshies!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize in advance for all the pictures. My reason for this insanity is to conquer my battle with trying to show the true colors of these pearls. These pics were taken next to my back kitchen window on top of my coffee maker with a napkin underneath. YOu can see by just cupping my hand around the flash and moving ever so slightly how each pearl can pick up a different tone. I also took several pics without flash. I have discovered that with pearls, it is incredibly hard to get what my eye sees as far as color goes because in some lighting conditions they look more lilac and less metallic, then you rotate the pearls and they look very metallic and more lavender gold/or mauve/slight plum. I did not delete any pictures or enhance any photos by any way so I feel that these pics are close to real life. I just love em! In fact, I am considering ordering another strand if they are still available!! :devil: :bigsmile: :wacko:

ccpf1.jpg

ccpf2.jpg

ccpf3.jpg

ccpf4.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sigh... more! :wacko:

ccpf5.jpg

ccpf6.jpg

ccpf7.jpg

ccpf8.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bare with me.... :))

ccpf9.jpg

ccpf10.jpg

ccpf11.jpg

ccpf12.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize these pictures are so much alike. I was just trying to show by moving ever so slightly with my camera and as the sun shined through my back window, how the different lighting would show a slightly different color on the pearls.

ccpf13.jpg

ccpf14.jpg

ccpf15.jpg

ccpf16.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More... :wacko:

ccpf17.jpg

ccpf18.jpg

ccpf19.jpg

ccpf20.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DONE!! :twirl: You can see in the neck shots how the further I moved away from the back window (no flash) that they look more metallic.

ccpf21.jpg

ccpf22.jpg

ccpf23.jpg

ccpf24.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the pictures of your new pearls. You remind me of myself when I had my first baby. He was the most photographed thing around because I was endlessly fascinated by every little movement.

You do look stunning in those pearls. I appreciate the photos, because I find it difficult to translate a picture of a pearl into what it looks like in real life. Lovely. :tongue:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
CCN, it came to me what those pearls made me think of. The early 90's movie 'Orlando' and specifically the scenes in the 'Society' part of the film where Orlando wears the powdery grey wig, the pale blue dress and the light is all pale and washed out. I'll post a couple of photos here but theyre not very good. The scene where she is running through the maze is, I swear, actually a cloudy day in the film. It was very beautifully shot, all soft greys and cool tones. And your pearls completely make me think of this movie/scene.

800870654_bedf93f8e4.jpg
072310orlando718.jpg
Orlando_42363_Medium.jpg

And this one because this was the nature of the scene (at least how I remember it) - soft and misty:

eerfff.jpg

I went to the CC site but lost patience about 15 minutes in. Am I doing it wrong or do I really have to go through 100+ pages to see everything?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitehotblank|1288996645|2756287 said:
CCN, it came to me what those pearls made me think of. The early 90's movie 'Orlando' and specifically the scenes in the 'Society' part of the film where Orlando wears the powdery grey wig, the pale blue dress and the light is all pale and washed out. I'll post a couple of photos here but theyre not very good. The scene where she is running through the maze is, I swear, actually a cloudy day in the film. It was very beautifully shot, all soft greys and cool tones. And your pearls completely make me think of this movie/scene.

800870654_bedf93f8e4.jpg
072310orlando718.jpg
Orlando_42363_Medium.jpg

And this one because this was the nature of the scene (at least how I remember it) - soft and misty:

eerfff.jpg

I went to the CC site but lost patience about 15 minutes in. Am I doing it wrong or do I really have to go through 100+ pages to see everything?

hmmm. I am intrigued as I have never seen that movie. :o Are those pearls on the sleeves of her dress? Really cool!

...and yes, you do have to spend quite a bit of time perusing the site, however, it is worth it if ever your board. Catherine did tell me that they hope to add thumbnails when her son has time to do so. =)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pearls, and they look even better when worn.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I think these are MUCH better photos Cushion! Good job! :wavey:

Isn't it amazing how much they change? I think that's what I like best.

I've never really gotten into pearls before, since I thought they only came in white. But now . . .

So MANY colors! :shock:

I think I want a strand like yours Cushion . . . purple pearls, how cool is that? :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
they look fantastic on you!

MoZo

ps see the movie! its really good....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1289008475|2756472 said:

I've never really gotten into pearls before, since I thought they only came in white. But now . . .

I think I want a strand like yours Cushion . . . purple pearls, how cool is that? :appl:

I looked through the whole site and there was just one other strand that was more metallic and plum,purple a bit more golden. I was considering them versus these. Well, after receiving these, guess what? I just bought the other strand!! Catherine sent me comparison pics to help me decide and I kept going back and forth. Now I will have both!! ACK! Someone save me from myself!! :wacko:

Also, here is the link.... http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1663

DSCF5990 (2).jpg

DSCF5990.jpg

EchoEcho

Rough_Rock
Absolutely beautiful. I am amazed at the golden tones in your photos, which I haven't seen before in FW pearls.

I recently ordered an inexpensive FW pendant from CC after seeing all the raves and beautiful pictures here. If I enjoy the pendant, my wallet might be in trouble. I am such a follower! :lol:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1289012514|2756532 said:

I looked through the whole site and there was just one other strand that was more metallic and plum,purple a bit more golden. I was considering them versus these. Well, after receiving these, guess what? I just bought the other strand!! Catherine sent me comparison pics to help me decide and I kept going back and forth. Now I will have both!! ACK! Someone save me from myself!! :wacko:

Also, here is the link.... http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1663
Congratulations, I think. :naughty: I'm sure these will look stunning on you as well. Are you planning to wear them together, alternate days, depends on the outfit..? Just curious. In any case, turning 40 definitely calls for more than one strand of pearls. :devil:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
EchoEcho|1289012868|2756538 said:
Absolutely beautiful. I am amazed at the golden tones in your photos, which I haven't seen before in FW pearls.

I recently ordered an inexpensive FW pendant from CC after seeing all the raves and beautiful pictures here. If I enjoy the pendant, my wallet might be in trouble. I am such a follower! :lol:

Oh, now you did it, Echo :naughty:

You'll soon be one of us, seriously "gemented" :D

Welcome! :wavey:

We'll expect many, many pictures, of course. :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
CCN, I think this second strand is WONDERFUL TOO! :love: :love:

I really love these. I have a couple of purple-golden pearls in the gift strand and they are GORGEOUS!

I can't even imagine a whole strand of those beauties! :cheeky:

If you find that you have too many purples, feel free to send one over to me. :naughty:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1289012259|2756528 said:
they look fantastic on you!

MoZo

ps see the movie! its really good....

I will make it a point to do so! Love those "Renaissance" type movies!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1289013686|2756553 said:
EchoEcho|1289012868|2756538 said:

Oh, now you did it, Echo :naughty:

You'll soon be one of us, seriously "gemented" :D

Welcome! :wavey:

We'll expect many, many pictures, of course. :bigsmile:

Indeed! :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1289013606|2756551 said:

Congratulations, I think. :naughty: I'm sure these will look stunning on you as well. Are you planning to wear them together, alternate days, depends on the outfit..? Just curious. In any case, turning 40 definitely calls for more than one strand of pearls. :devil:

Jewelry always makes turning 40 easier...and turning 45......and well, ( don't want to mention 50 yet!) LOL!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1289013958|2756556 said:
CCN, I think this second strand is WONDERFUL TOO! :love: :love:

I really love these. I have a couple of purple-golden pearls in the gift strand and they are GORGEOUS!

I can't even imagine a whole strand of those beauties! :cheeky:

If you find that you have too many purples, feel free to send one over to me. :naughty:

Like I said, from my cold, dead body! :twisted: I am glad that you are admiring these so. I know you are waiting to officially wear you Golden South Sea pearls..... but maybe you need to get some Catherine pearls to tied you over until then! :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushion, Orlando is only in one part a ren period piece.......there are other periods as "Orlando" proceeds. don't want to say more and ruin it. i hope you enjoy it as much as i did when i saw on the big screen. one of those movies i'd watch again.

MoZo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1289059229|2756848 said:
cushion, Orlando is only in one part a ren period piece.......there are other periods as "Orlando" proceeds. don't want to say more and ruin it. i hope you enjoy it as much as i did when i saw on the big screen. one of those movies i'd watch again.

MoZo

That sounds even more interesting. I will Google it....but hopefully by doing so it won't give too much away.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This is my first visit to the pearl forum. Your pearls are lovely! It's amazing to see the variance in the color in different lighting... :love:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
CCN, definitely see Orlando - that movie is so visually beautiful you could watch it on mute and still love it.

And a second strand! Well done. I want to post something sober like "remember you have to eat" but screw eating: more pearls!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
gasp....

CCN, I so know what its like to get one strand and rush back in for another. These are beautiful and look great on you

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1289055881|2756813 said:
Fly Girl|1289013606|2756551 said:

Jewelry always makes turning 40 easier...and turning 45......and well, ( don't want to mention 50 yet!) LOL!!

Hey, I'm on the high side of 55 now, and getting my jewelry collection up to speed is more of a priority than ever. I don't want to mention 60 or 65! ;))

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1|1289064461|2756896 said:
This is my first visit to the pearl forum. Your pearls are lovely! It's amazing to see the variance in the color in different lighting... :love:

What? YOu have over 6000 posts and you have not visited us! I sure hope you won't be a stranger to this section as it certainly can be addicting once you start buying them. :praise: Thank you for your compliment!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitehotblank|1289074382|2756990 said:
CCN, definitely see Orlando - that movie is so visually beautiful you could watch it on mute and still love it.

And a second strand! Well done. I want to post something sober like "remember you have to eat" but screw eating: more pearls!

I will! I am sure I will love it. Like all the other movies I love, and feel are worth watching again, I will probably end up buying the DVD!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gardengloves|1289089336|2757127 said:
gasp....

CCN, I so know what its like to get one strand and rush back in for another. These are beautiful and look great on you

thank you! I think everyone should belong to the CC club!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results