shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics! wedding band with e-ring or alone?

stillinlove

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I posted a while ago about possibly getting a 3.3 carat eternity band to wear with my 2.4 round solitaire. Well, I did it! now, the only question is should I wear them on the same finger, or spread the love and move my e-ring to my right hand? Here are the pics, let me know what you think!

Photo on 2011-06-16 at 19.24.jpg

Photo on 2011-06-16 at 19.25.jpg

Photo on 2011-06-16 at 19.24 #2.jpg

stillinlove

Rough_Rock
oh, forgot to mention, that because of my e-ring, the two rings cannot sit flush

stillinlove

Rough_Rock
here they are separate

Photo on 2011-06-16 at 19.38.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm normally not a gap gal, but I love them together. :cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE them together! Definitely wear them as a set, it doesn't matter if they sit flush.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I personally like them worn separately. Only because of the "thickness" of the rings, plus the fact that the rub....

If I were you I'd get a simple plain band to wear with the ering and wear the eternity on the other hand, that way you'll have substntial eyecandy on both hands!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like them either way, but you may want to get a little spacer band to put between the two rings to prevent the prongs on your E-ring from being worn down by the diamonds on the eternity band. Even a cheapie little 2mm stainless steel one would be delicate enough to not be noticed by casual observers, but enough of a little gap between rings to prevent the rubbing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Winks_Elf|1308268661|2947853 said:
I like them either way, but you may want to get a little spacer band to put between the two rings to prevent the prongs on your E-ring from being worn down by the diamonds on the eternity band. Even a cheapie little 2mm stainless steel one would be delicate enough to not be noticed by casual observers, but enough of a little gap between rings to prevent the rubbing.

I was just going to say this! I love the gap and the look of them together, but would be concerned that the diamonds of the eternity are going to eat away at the prongs on your ERing.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful rings but I think I would wear them separately. How about a plain or small diamond band to wear with your ering leaving the eternity ring for the other hand?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Winks_Elf|1308268661|2947853 said:

My thoughts exactly!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Your eternity band is to die for!! I love it. What are the specs?
And your ering is fanastic too.
I am jealous! :mrgreen:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Such gorgeous hands--wear them anyway you want! It is all good! :love:

cheers--Sharon

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I love it both ways!!! What sized stones are in your eternity band? It is beautiful!!! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them better separate. Gorgeous rings!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't commit to either, I'd switch it up and wear it both ways. Together for a total bling fest, seperately when you felt like spreading it out! I do agree with the others though, you should def. get the spacer ring and I think that it will look fabulous too! Congrats on a couple truely amazing rings!! very jealous! :mrgreen:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would wear them seperate, the eternity band is gorgeous but is distracting to your rock.

stillinlove

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the sweet comments! My eternity band is made up of 20 pointers.

My only concerns about wearing the rings together is a) the rubbing but more so, b) that the eternity is too substantial for my e-ring and takes away from it. Do you all think its too big or blingy for my e-ring?

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
No such thing as too much bling!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Christina...|1308303466|2948211 said:
I wouldn't commit to either, I'd switch it up and wear it both ways. Together for a total bling fest, seperately when you felt like spreading it out! I do agree with the others though, you should def. get the spacer ring and I think that it will look fabulous too! Congrats on a couple truely amazing rings!! very jealous! :mrgreen:

That's exactly what I was thinking too! This is only a personal opinion, but I like the idea either separate so they each hold their own, or maybe pair your solitaire with a plain band on the left, so nothing is taken away from it, and your eternity on the right so your right hand isn't jealous :naughty:

Seriously, both rings are beautiful!! If you like them together, I'd second what others have said about a spacer band.

Congratulations on your gorgeous pretties!
BoulderGal

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
Oh however the rubbing would definitely bother me... so even though it looks great it would be good to have a plain band to use as a spacer, and to make it still a wedding set when you want to wear the eternity band and your e-ring on different hands...

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love them together. My set is similar, and rubbing has not caused any problem after 12 years.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would wear them together. I don't really care for the look of an e-ring alone on a married woman's finger. Either that, or get a small plain metal band to put on the outside of your e-ring if you decide to wear them separately.

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
jaysonsmom|1308268163|2947842 said:
I personally like them worn separately. Only because of the "thickness" of the rings, plus the fact that the rub....

If I were you I'd get a simple plain band to wear with the ering and wear the eternity on the other hand, that way you'll have substntial eyecandy on both hands!
+1.

PS do you have a thread on your e-ring?

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with getting a plain band for your e-ring and put the eternity on your right hand. Share the bling!

I am envious of you girls who can switch rings back and forth. My right hand is like a whole size bigger than my left! Ugh!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Separate. I don't like how the wedding band is visually wider on your finger (near the gaps between fingers) while your ering sits snugly.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like both, so mix it up depending on your mood.

I usually don't like a larger eternity with a solitaire but you have the sort of hands where it works -- I think it works best when you have thinner fingers and the rings are a little loose sort of like your look to be and so the rings have a little movement to them. Like Angie Harmon's set. I would consider addind a thin spacer too as long as it is loose enough to keep the movement in the rings when you wear them.

I also like them on their own, so you have options depending on your mood.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say share the love!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I'd wear them seperate since they both give a lot of finger coverage!! ;))

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I would wear them separate. :)

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Wait, let me wipe up the drool...lol! I'd get a channel set pave band the same width as the ering to wear together on your left hand and your new eternity band on the right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results