shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of the Tsavorites and Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi all - I got some pics of the diamonds and the tsavorites for my ring. I think they look great but as I''m not very knowledgeable at all about tsavs, I wanted to get some feedback here. Let me know what you think. First shot is without flash.

TsavRBD400.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Note that the apparent strange color in the pic above on the table of the tsav on the left is a reflection. here they are with flash:

TsavRBD500.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And here are the diamonds. Note I am happy with these, just posting them because I think its a pretty picture
2.gif
1.gif

Diamondsfortsav01.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
Did you go with who I think you did? If you did, you''re in great hands. The Tsavs pictured are medium, rather than medium-dark, but the tone is your call.

E B

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all gorgeous!!!! That was really quick!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Harriet - I did go with who you think, and I while I haven''t seen dark green ones, I think this color is just perfect - I wanted them very saturated but not too dark as I was trying to mimic a color I had seen IRL (on a website, actually). So I think I''m happy with the color of these guys.

NF - you are getting awfully close to the 10,000 post mark there m''dear! May I offer a little advance congratulations
9.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful gems you got there!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are really pretty and your ring will be stunning.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m a medium dark fan myself, but if you prefer the medium tone then I would say they look like great stones to me.
1.gif

Colour and tone preferences are entirely personal - important thing is that they speak to you!

Look forward to seeing the finished piece!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 9:31:42 PM
Author:AmberGretchen
Hi all - I got some pics of the diamonds and the tsavorites for my ring. I think they look great but as I''m not very knowledgeable at all about tsavs, I wanted to get some feedback here. Let me know what you think. First shot is without flash.
Beautiful!!!!!! Cant wait to see the finished ring... its going to be stunning!!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t kept up on this project but I can tell it''s going to gorgeous. I love tsavs, thanks to Harriet, and hope to move on a project like yours someday!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
They look GREAT to me! That is going to be one GORGEOUS ring!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Aww...thanks so much you guys. I''ve set the ball rolling now but won''t have the ring in-hand until the beginning of January at the earliest. I promise I''ll post tons of pics when I have them though!

I feel very confident about this choice after the comments here - this will be my first serious colored stone purchase and I really appreciate all the help and support and input. As always, PS rocks
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to see your ring.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh they look lovely! I love the medium toned tsavs--very pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the med tone will be great in smaller stones! You wouldn''t want them to appear too dark. What will the setting look like?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous idea, AG! I am rather a fan of the medium tone tsavs myself. I suspect that you''ll be amazed at how much sparkle and life they have. So fun
36.gif

(and I am dying to know who Miss Harriet''s wonderful mystery dealer is- I saw the photos on the thread for that GTG
6.gif
)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - thanks so much you guys, I was beginning to doubt myself just the tiniest bit about the medium vs. dark tsavs, but now I think I''m sure the medium really will be better in that small size, and they are also closer to the color I was originally trying to match (the color is the color for the company I''ll be joining for my dream job, so the color match is important for the significance of the ring).

Diamondseeker - the setting is going to be Whiteflash''s "skye" 5-stone u prong setting
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving the medium Tsavs, can''t wait to see your ring once it''s completed. It will be a stunner for sure AG!!!
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Love the colour of those stones! Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished product!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like them, the tone is up to you, but I love the life and sparkle they have

(I am with icekid... does this dealer only work locally???)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME stones!!!!!

Lori

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I can''t wait until this ring is done! It will be gorgeous!
30.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! That ring will be gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So much catching up to do.....looks like a fabu project!

cheers--Sharon

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are quite gorgeous and sparkly. YOur project will be amazing when it is finished!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:37:14 PM
Author: swingirl
I haven''t kept up on this project but I can tell it''s going to gorgeous. I love tsavs, thanks to Harriet, and hope to move on a project like yours someday!!
Are you blaming me?
9.gif

P.S. Do drop me a line sometime.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, this dealer is an international man of mystery who won''t allow his name to appear online.

Coati and I have something to say about medium vs. dark tsavorites:
The ''dark'' tone that''s been referred to here is a misnomer. It should be "medium-dark." The trade values medium-dark over medium, but the buyer is the ultimate judge. Where this dealer is concerned, medium dark is distinct from dark. Hence, as long as the stone is well-cut (e.g. cut according to critical angles), there should be no difference in "sparkle" between a medium and a medium-dark stone. They have the same RI afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results