shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of old diamond ring recycled and transformed into a beautiful half eternity band!Finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you might remember, i had an old diamond ring, which my mother got for me when i gave birth to my daughter. For many years i have been keeping the ring in its box...I didn''t enjoy wearing it, because it brought back in my mind many sad memories from the past...
15.gif
Also, it was too big and couldn''t be sized down...
40.gif

Some time ago, i decided that it was a pity to keep the ring in the dark and that i should consider using the diamonds and the 18ct white gold, in order to create a new piece which i''d enjoy wearing. I asked for the advice of my PS friends and here is the link to that first thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-diamond-ring-the-story-behind-it-and-a-request-for-help.136826/
After a lot of thinking, i visited my jeweller and asked him if we could make a half eternity band, which i could wear as a set with my engagement ring. He made a setting according to my wishes and after some minor alterations i decided that i''m satisfied with the result
4.gif

The new ring was made with the white gold of the old one and we used all seven diamonds from the original ring, which have a total weight of 0.94 ct, G color, VS1 clarity.
I am very satisfied with the result
5.gif
actually, i am thrilled
30.gif
The ring turned out exactly as i wished and i know that i''ll never take it off from now on (we have to make up for all the lost time, don''t we?
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
). I was a little worried about the color difference between the diamonds of the half eternity (G color) and the color of my ER (E color). I had already read on PS that usually in such cases there is no visible difference, but i am very color sensitive and i wasn''t sure...
Now that i wear both rings and i can observe the one next to the other, i can see a difference in color but i know that it''s only my...hawk eye and nobody else can tell
4.gif

A big thanks to all the people on PS who shared their thoughts and ideas with me and encouraged me to make the best out of my old ring!
35.gif

Sooo...no further delays...Time for pics!!!
First, i attach a picture of the ring before the...recycling and after my new ring!!!

baby ring 006 749.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new ring!

pandora 014 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new ring on my finger, yay!

pandora 008 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beauty in her box...

pandora 016 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my engagement ring...

pandora 015 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings on my finger...

pandora 011 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A closer pic...

pandora 012 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one last flower picture! Thanks for looking
35.gif

pandora 004 (2).jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow amazing ring.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic!!
36.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oddoneout and Tuckins, thank you so much! Indeed it turned out as i wished! The most unexpected thing that happened after the resetting is that the diamonds sparkle like crazy...The previous setting wasn''t allowing the light to properly come in the stone...the diamonds were completely...''swallowed" by the metal...Now, their beauty is revealed...finally!!!

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
B E A U T I F U L !

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful Naty, and a wonderful symbol, of your mom''s love for you, and how life can evolve and chanage, into something wonderful. Enjoy it, and wear it in good health.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous way to recycle your ring. It looks great with your ering and looks perfect on its own.
36.gif
36.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Amazing makeover!

Your ring looks totaly fabulous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous remake! So nice that you have a lovely piece of jewelry now (that you can wear)!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What a transformation, it turned out beautifully!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! Gorgeous!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It looks great!!!!!!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
It turned out fabulously! I''ve been wondering when you''d be back with photos :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
wow! very sparkly!!!!!!!! It ooks great with your ering!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanson, KaeKae, tigian, HopeDream,tyty333, Diamond Dana, rhbgirl24, chiquitapet, princessplease, Maevie, Bella mezzo, thank you guys so much for all the wonderful comments! I''m so glad that everyone agrees that i did well with the ring transformation
36.gif
I''ve tried to make the best out of what i had! It was my first recycling project and i think that there might be some more to come
27.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 12:39:57 PM
Author: KaeKae
It''s beautiful Naty, and a wonderful symbol, of your mom''s love for you, and how life can evolve and chanage, into something wonderful. Enjoy it, and wear it in good health.
KaeKae, very well put...this is exactly how i feel about it...Indeed, there is a strong symbolism in this ring for me...And as the old ring has transformed into something beautiful, fresh, new, which makes me so happy today, so has my entire life...

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 7:45:00 PM
Author: Maevie
It turned out fabulously! I''ve been wondering when you''d be back with photos :)
Hey Maevie
35.gif
I knew that you were waiting for those pictures...You said so on the previous thread
5.gif
And by the way...as you had predicted, the color?clarity differences weren''t a problem at all!!! thanks again
1.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it came out great! I love recycling. As long as your components are good (and your G VS1s were great), why not modernize?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea. I think it turned out beautifully, and it looks very nice with your engagement ring, too.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out beautiful! It looks great with your e-ring or as a stand alone - so nice to have different options. Enjoy it!
1.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gemgirl, Sarap333, Legra, thank you girls for the kind comments! Indeed the new ring looks very pretty on its own too, but i prefer wearing it with my ER! And Gemgirl, you''re right, recycling can be very fun! It is amazing how you can create very beautiful new pieces by using old material which was kept unworn for so long
36.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooohhhhh Naty

Its fabulous!!! What a good job! I wish you great health and happiness to wear your diamonds!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results