shape
carat
color
clarity

pics of my new ering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful!! You don''t see too many split shanks, but I think they are beautiful, Congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
one last question from the pricescopers! Since this is a split shank and it looks like two bands, do you think it would be weird to just wear this ring as a engagement ring and wedding band in one, or will that seem weird to people? I like symmetrical looks, and I would prefer to not add a band, but I don''t really want to look eternally engaged either.

Pixie

Rough_Rock
thanks for the info, kc! my hubby used to live in brentwood when i was going to b-school at ucla a few years back, so we have good memories there. i can''t believe you get by without a car!! i hope your fiance moves here soon! again, congrats on the engagement and a beautiful ring!!

Pixie

Rough_Rock
oh, i also think you can do whatever you want when it comes to wearing a wedding band or not. i think a lot of people in LA don''t wear wedding bands since they have such elaborate e-rings. i have a friend that got a wedding band with lots of stones that she wears on the right hand so it doesn''t take away from the engagement ring.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! Great job!

I definitely think your ring is a stand alone ring. A wedding band would detract from the look.

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
Hey, just thought I''d add the original brit ring for everyone to see. Funny I found your ring because I am also having a complete replica of Britney''s ring although mine is one solid ring at the bottom with split shanks and a 2ct Cushion center. Its being custom made right now w/ 18k white gold & platinum prongs. Now I wonder if I shouldn''t have got the basket in platinum too after seeing you had yours done that way. I hadn''t even thought of it! Just wanted to say I love your ring - we have similiar tastes. Oh and just information - Britney no longer has this ring after she or he got an "upgrade" - so she didn''t wear this one very long - I hear now adays she isn''t wearing one at all - not that I care because I really can''t stand her - but her first e-ring was to die for - I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and knew it was the one for me! I can''t wait for the actual proposal! AT least you got to wear it and take pictures! I don''t get to see mine at all until its on my chunky finger! Congrats again!

actualbritpic.jpg

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
oh and PS - I too struggled with the idea of a wedding band with it since I think it would distract or clutter the look with another matching half eternity band. What I''m thinking of doing is a small 3-4mm floral wedding band to go with it maybe and if it doesn''t look right then I''ll wear it on my right hand. I also like these other bands that I think would blend well with the ring. Anywho here are some wedding bands I''m considering but haven''t decided if you too would like to take a look.

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
just the small center floral band - not the 2 stacked eternity rings too

26035.jpeg

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
can you tell I''m seriously considering a small floral band? lol

27814.jpeg

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
this would match - but I think it would be too distracting together - maybe not

GC5472.jpeg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
candysparkles, your future ring sounds beautiful! We do have similar taste. I can''t wait to see your pictures when it''s done. I can''t believe brittany got an upgrade already...especially because I don''t see her marriage lasting too long. I''ve never really liked her, but I loved her ring when I first saw it too. I think it also looks great with a cushion, and 2ct cushion will look fantastic. oh someday...I''ll put a 2ct in my setting...another day...maybe an asscher...diamonds must be addicting.

The bands are very pretty, I especially like the one with the rubies, although sapphires would look great too. Have you checked out the eternity rings on faycullen.com? There is a few in there you might like. I haven''t really tried my ring on with any bands yet so I''m not sure how it will look...I''m lucky if I get to sneek a peek when he''s away. This is a bad habit by the way, it makes you want to wear it even more. I almost forgot to take it off once before he got home. He would not have been happy if he caught me. I think he''s going to make me wait awhile too before proposing...I don''t think he knows how hard it is too wait, but I''m trying to be patient. I think he figures that we''ve been dating for years already, so what''s the difference? Anyways, when it is finally time I think I might try on a very thin pave set sapphire band...but this might detract from the look, we''ll see. I might just wear it without a band for a while too and if people keep thinking I''m still engaged then I might get a band. Here''s a few links of bands you might like as well, some of them are probably too thick for what you want, but it''s fun to look anyways and get ideas:

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c02831td.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/c425t1sd.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/902t1d.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/b310t1d.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/b415t5r.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/a311t1d.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/cjb927t1s.html
http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/cjb926t7d.html
http://www.faycullen.com/wedding_bands/800/c425r3sd.html

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
oooooh thanks for posting those - I am on my way to check them out now. My ring is "in the process" and I''m worried it won''t be here in time for the secret propsal date. It looks like it might come at the end of April - my ff accidentally slipped about a month ago when I was discussing the length of the engagement and he said he hoped a year would be long enough when we were speaking of getting married on our adopted dog''s birthday which is April 20th. i still am just so jealous of you being able to put it on your finger and take pics! My ff doesn''t know but the jeweler said she''d email me pics of the finished product since I won''t be able to see it until its on my finger.......that''s if it will be here in time
7.gif
i''m trying not to obsess about it so there won''t be any bad vibes attached to it - but come on! This is a gals'' e-ring - how am I not going to obsess about it! I want it to be here before so he will have it on the right date. ok I''ll go check out the fay cullen bands and report back in tomorrow! cheers

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
ok #3 from the list you posted is totally hitting me good right now - the only problem is the milgrain gives it too much of a vintage look that doesn''t go with my Britney Replica which is more modern - I wonder if I could special order NO MILGRAIN - and I was also wanting to get a 3/4 eternity instead of a full one for future smaller sizing. thanks for the help too!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!
9.gif

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi my fellow lover of split shanks - thought I''d share my metalwork that I just got pics of! I''m so excited - I''m going to start my own thread tomorrow but thought I''d share with you first!

rsmetalwork.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
candysparkles, it is going to be gorgeous!!!!! I LOVE IT! Congrats on owning such an amazing ring!! I love split shanks because they look antique and classic all at the same time, ya know? It looks like they did really good work on your ring, I can''t wait to see it!!! Our rings are actually really similar except for the center diamond in yours will be gigantic, the basket looks like it could hold a crater heehee. Your ring will be like the big mama version of my little baby diamond ring, someday I''ll put a giant cushion or maybe an asscher in mine. It will be fun to see your ring with the diamonds in it, I''m sure it will look amazing!

By the way, I got a new dignital camera and I''m going to post some better pics of my ring after my exam week is over, but I''ll wait for a few days after yours.

candysparkles

Rough_Rock
Oh no! Please don''t wait for me to post - go ahead and post your new pics! I can''t wait to see them!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
no worries, it will probably work out like that anyways. My exam week will be done this weekend, and I''m still figuring out how to use the new camera...I am technologically challenged...pixels what??

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, I figured out my new camara. I''m going to start a new thread with the better pics!

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Really love that split shank! Beautiful ring! Congrats on your upcoming proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results