shape
carat
color
clarity

pics of my new ering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, thanks for all of your help in this process. I went ahead and had my jeweler set my diamond in the semi-custom setting they made for me today. I absolutely love it, and we couldn''t have done it without you. I think that I ended up with a much better diamond and price that I otherwise would have ended up with if I didn''t find you guys!
I''m sorry...this pictures are quite blurry, but my digital camara just couldn''t do any better. I''ll give you a short description so that you have a better idea of what it is. The center diamond is a .75 radiant cut diamond of F color and VVS2 clarity, and it is from the signature series at dirt cheap diamonds. The specs are a little less than ideal (depth 59%, table 65%, girdle thin, polish/sym both vg, and crown 9%), but my gemologist said that the cut was excellent and I aggreed that it looked fantastic despite the lower depth! Sometimes you have to see it, especially with fancy cuts. He also said that it looked more like a .80 since the ratio is 6.25*4.97*2.97.
For the setting, I went with a local jeweler in the LA area who did a semi-custom design for me. I was inspired by the look of daniel k settings (which were too expensive) and brittany spears'' ring of all things...I do not like brittany spears...but she has a great ring... The bands are 1.4mm each and are set with small diamonds half way around the bands. The back converges and is soldered together for comfort. Also, the head is a simple basket. The bands are white gold, the basket is platinum.
I am so excited to show this ring off...but unfortunately I have to wait until he officially proposes to wear it. So I guess...put me on the WIL list heehee! All in all though, it will be worth the wait. Thanks for all of your help again, you all are fantastic!
21.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
bottom of ring

bottom1b.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
front of ring...next to the sink...what a beautiful background haha!

front1a.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another front

front2a.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

profile1a.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
and finally a side picture...you can really see the basket here. I love my ering!!! Thanks pricescope!

side1aa.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s GORGEOUS!! I love the split shank. I saw a 1 ct princess in that same sort of setting and just fell in love with it. I''m trying to get Dh to get it for me as a RHR.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, a princess version sounds very pretty. I love squarish stones like princess, asscher, radiant, etc. I wish I could have shown better pictures, these just don''t do it justice.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
It''s gorgeous and much much bigger than the .72 radiant i used to have which was in the 5.5mm range. Good job!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is gorgeous! lucky gal! congrats to you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza I am a huge fan of split shanks! It looks lovely
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous, congratulations! I love square stones and split shanks. My favorite type of ring!!
emlove.gif
36.gif

cindylouwho

Rough_Rock
WOW!! I LOVE THAT RING!! The stone looks so big and the split shank setting is amazing. Would love to see more pics once the proposal occurs....CONGRATS!!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! It looks huge on your hand. Congratulations!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should tell you that it might look bigger because my ring size is 4.5. I thought it looked pretty big too though in the setting compared to when it was just a loose diamond!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous! I am so glad you are happy!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the split shank!!! It looks so pretty on your hand. Congrats!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and I agree it looks much larger than it is. Now the hard part, the waiting....
31.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen a princess or radiant cut diamond in a split shank before! It''s just beautiful! Hopefully you won''t have to wait long!

Pixie

Rough_Rock
KC, what a gorgeous setting! I am just about to pull the trigger and get a radiant myself. I wanted a 3 stone ring, but now that I''ve found THE ONE that is much more than I, and especially my hubby, wanted to spend, I was thinking of ditching the cost of the side stones and a platinum setting and going with a solitaire in white gold (I can always upgrade the setting later, I figure). I''ve never seen a setting like this, and it is just gorgeous!!!! Can you tell me the name of the jeweler who made this ring for you, especially since I''m in the LA area too? Also, do you mind me asking the cost of the setting? Thanks and good luck! Hopefully, he''ll propose soon!!!!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is gorgeous! I love the look of it myself....I had loved britneys as well!

Are you coming to the local LA pricescope get together this weekend, so we can all see it it person? The thread is in the LIW forum.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif
Shame on you for showing the bottom of the ring first.
9.gif
I was ready to see bling
2.gif

Love your ring. I also love Britneys ring that she bought herself
20.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring--one of my favorites posted on PS.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
That''s beautiful, how gorgeous!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh very nice!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning! It looks GIGANTIC on your finger!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is just lovely. I love the split shank. Congrats.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! We need to work on those macro shots (the flower button on your digicam that gets closeups!) because we want more pictures of this ring! Love the split shank and that radiant looks awesome!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pixie, how flattering that you like my setting! I''m glad you found the perfect radiant. I love radiants! Sinking the money into the diamond makes sense to me, the setting can always wait. I purchased my setting from E.S.S. jewelry in Brentwood (on San Vicente). Estelle and Roberto were fantastic to work with, and they do practically everything in house. I''m not sure what your budget is, but my setting came to about $1000. The head is platinum and the bands are 14k white gold. This was pretty reasonable compared to a lot of the other split shanks I''ve seen.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll see what I can do with the macro setting on my camara latter, but it''s pretty old... I''d love to come to the get together in LA...but I don''t own a car!!! I know...I''ve heard it all..."how do you live without a car in LA?!!" I''m a grad student...so income is tight for now, but eventually when my future fiance moves in I can share with him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results