shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey Zoe, in terms of straps, if you had spaghetti straps in the same fabric and colour as the piping, that would look great and totally natural. I think?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
zoe, the other option is that you could get a little bolero jacket made like I did, but for you I''d go with satin since you have an all-lace dress. They may even be able to order one for you at the store you went to. Just a suggestion in case you''re wary of the strapless thing. I do think you can find a good bustier and you''ll be fine though.

Also, do you have a David''s Bridal near you? They have a terrific selection of shoes that can be dyed to match anything and they carry lots of sizes in stock and alot of lower heel shoes, something I needed too.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw these suggestions -- thank you for chiming in!!

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Zoe,
I am a bit late, but I just saw your dress. It is beautiful! I love the trim. Stunning :)

You are getting married in Maine, correct?

Danielle

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I totally missed this post! LOVE the dress Zoe!!! It''s FABULOUS!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Zoe,

That dress is gorgeous! I couldn''t believe when you posted and said you were only 4''9"! Wowzers! I thought my FI and I had a bit of a height difference at 5''3" and 6''4", but you''ve got most of us beat, I think!

I think you told us what grade you teach, but I can''t remember for the life of me as it''s late, so you may have to tell me again! I wear heels every day just so I can be taller than some of my kids...do yours tower over you? I also wear them around my FI so that there is some hope he''ll hear me down in my atmosphere!
9.gif

I think shoes dyed to match would be lovely, and I also think either a white/creamy flower bouquet or a completely different color bouquet (or mixed in with cream/white) would be lovely...maybe a peach or coral flower? What colors have you chosen for your wedding? Maybe that would help us out a bit...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks SumBride and Harleigh! Yeah, Harleigh, being that small is hard at times. It''s especially bad when I''m sitting in my classroom working with a student and someone comes in to talk to the teacher...and can''t find me! I teach second grade, so yes, by the middle or the end of the year, I''m just about looking some of them in the eye when we''re both standing up.
9.gif

I''m not the most coordinated person in the world, so heels and me have never gotten along. Even chunky heels, depending on their hight, are too hard to wear because then I just feel like I''m walking on wide stilts. So, my "heels" for my wedding will probably be only 1", if that.

I''ll begin to look at shoes eventually and as far as flowers go, I just saw a pretty bouquet somewhere that had ivory roses with white hydrangeas. It was very pretty! I think Jaders also posted a pic of similar looking flowers...I''ll have to go try to find it. I have two appts. to meet with florists at the end of Spetember, and I''ll try to pull together a book of things I like.

Thanks for the suggestions!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
That dress is beautiful Zoe! I love the colour and the lace overlay is so nice - i had wanted lace so badly but "THE" dress didn''t have it - you are so lucky! And I think surfgirl''s suggestion of a satin bolero would look great!

For a bouquet, why don''t you take a look at some pics of what the venue looks like during the month you''re getting married? I''m a bit of a naturalist, but I like when a bouquet picks up on the imagery around it. That way it looks like everything belongs, and looks natural. So if there are particular flowers or colours at the venue you''ll be married at, maybe you could reflect those? Just a suggestion
1.gif

Beautiful venue by the way! Makes me want to live there!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks happilyeverafter! I love the venue we chose because it''s so quiet and we''re going to have the whole place to ourselves. The inside has a lot of burgandy (on the rug, the chairs, and the bottom tablecloth -- there''s a white tablecloth over that one). I love the color but it''s a bit much in my opinion. The wood framing and beams are dark brown. I think we''re probably going to stick with ivory and white shades to lighten up the space a little. It''s funny, there''s gardens all around the property but for the life of me, I can''t remember what color the flowers are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results