shape
carat
color
clarity

PICS of my antique estate Asscher E-ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Finally cleaned her up and took a few hand pics! After frequenting this board and seeing the monster boulders on here I thought I''d share my little one! LOL
36.gif

closeupasscher1.JPG

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
another

closeupasscher.JPG

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
my hand

handasscher.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful!
30.gif

If someone had asked me about pairing an asscher with RBs, I would have said: "no way."

...I would have been way wrong!
1.gif

widget

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
another shot

mmmasscher.JPG

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Thanks Widget!

I love yours too! And there is so much sentimentality behind yours!
1.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That is stunning! I agree with Widget, never would have put those two shapes together, but that is one sparkly asscher. Beautiful!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! And I love the different shapes together too!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, I love it! The asscher is lovely!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s gorgeous! I am thinking about turning my assher into a 5-stone like yours, and I wanted brilliant cut sides with baguettes. I was thinking radiant sides, but now I lone the look of the rounds! Beautiful ring!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t mind my asking, what size are the center stones and round side stones? I wanted to know because I love the proportions - the rbs are the perfect size to compliment the asscher, so I would want to add sidestones with the same size ratio.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Thanks Vespergirl! No prob! The side stones are .38 each and the Asscher is 1.18
3.gif

I''m still not sure if I want the baguettes, I may reset everything into this Birks setting ( bottom right)

birks.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Gorgeous!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I too...would never have put a brilliant cut like a round next to a step cut like an asscher, but it looks beautiful!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is a fabulous ring. I think it is gorgeous. The combination of cuts makes it very visually interesting. I like a ring like this that holds my attention. It''s really, really lovely - thanks for posting it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous, I LOVE it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, I love your ring!! I hope you don''t reset it!!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Nice combo of shapes.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just gorgeous, and so unique!!!
30.gif

*M*

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful. The sidestones make it look so unique.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the combo. It is such an interesting mix of round and square. Very pretty!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! The different shapes look gorgeous together!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I don''t think its small at all!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what a beauty!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 11:50:11 AM
Author: Apocalypse
another shot
interesting!! the one on the left looks like an OEC and the one on the right like a rb... am I seeing things? I swore earlier on it looked like an OEC as well but this one on the right looks like a RB or as mara would say - am I smoking the crack pipe? LOL I love the asscher with the rounds and I think this is a very beautiful ring - it looks perfect on you!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:45:39 PM
Author: Catmom
Ohh, I love your ring!! I hope you don''t reset it!!
ditto - I''d definitely keep it in that settin!!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
OMG Cehrabehra!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

I cannot believe I didn''t notice the difference!!! I''ve been staring non stop at this ring for the last week!! One of the supporting diamonds is an OEC!! The other is a RB!

The FI and I took another CLOSER look at it and our speculation is that something may have happened to the other OEC and had to be replaced with the RB, the prongs are spaced farther apart on the RB.

CRAZY!

Is this something that you''ve seen before?? Should I find another OEC to replace the RB??? Now that I know the difference it seems to be all that I can see!! lol

thanks
Tracy

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 12:46:45 PM
Author: Apocalypse
OMG Cehrabehra!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

I cannot believe I didn''t notice the difference!!! I''ve been staring non stop at this ring for the last week!! One of the supporting diamonds is an OEC!! The other is a RB!

The FI and I took another CLOSER look at it and our speculation is that something may have happened to the other OEC and had to be replaced with the RB, the prongs are spaced farther apart on the RB.

CRAZY!

Is this something that you''ve seen before?? Should I find another OEC to replace the RB??? Now that I know the difference it seems to be all that I can see!! lol

thanks
Tracy
well it reminds me of my blue zircon ring... look here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-zircon.57607/ and you''ll notice that both of the stones are cut differently LOL Though these stones are original to the ring which was given in 1960 to my mom LOL

I noticed the OEC because well, I love OECs! And I thought how perfect is that to have an antique asscher with oecs!! then I saw the other and went what???

Honestly if that were my piece I would take out the RB and find an OEC to match the first but keep it in that setting... and then the round, I dunno! belly ring? hehehe ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/invpage.html

here''s a listing of OEC stones... do you know what color yours are? Under .40 they''re all under 800, even down to 350 for a stone... but it would depend on several factors, one of which is diameter. how interesting!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Cehrabehra,

That''s so cool! Beautiful color in that emerald cut ring! I prefer the OEC cut with the Asscher too! FI agrees that the RB should be taken out and replaced with another OEC.

Thanks for the site rec, those prices are incredibly reasonable! I''ve bookmarked it
1.gif

As for the RB hmm, I may have to find it a sister and make earrings! Or I could make a tension setting ring for my right hand! geez the choices are endless lol!

I''m very curious as to what the appraisel is going to say (from the estate shop I found it at) as they did not mention the different stones ( it''s in the mail as we speak, and I''m getting very impatient ) I also have an appointment for an appraisel with Weinstein @ Birks on May 5th

FI laughs and says that I''ve been staring too much at the Asscher and neglecting the side stones hence the reason I didn''t notice the different cuts!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results