shape
carat
color
clarity

PICS of my antique estate Asscher E-ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
hey apocolypse,

I would get an appraisal done by an independent appraiser. Why did you choose Birks?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful ring!!

cheers--Sharon

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
hi boston jeff :)

I''m getting it done by Harold Weinstein ( Birks is just having them instore for their customers since they do not have a lab in my city ) I think they are independant.

http://www.hwgem.com/hwabout.htm

Also this is a Birks ring and Birks is the only place in Canada which carries the authentic Asscher diamond and of course RA, so when they do give me my certificate I want it stated that my asscher is an actual antique "Asscher"

Make sense?

:)

jfan

Rough_Rock
What a unique ring! I love the mixed shapes. It''s just beauuutiful!
30.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful, and I also vote to keep it in that setting. I just think old settings have so much more character than most new ones.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments!!

My appraisal arrived this afternoon! They state that both supporting diamonds are BRILLIANTS!!! What now??

Hey on a positive note they rated the Asscher a VVS1 ( I thought it was a VVS2 ) turns out the supporting diamonds are VVS2

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 7:01:57 PM
Author: Apocalypse

My appraisal arrived this afternoon! They state that both supporting diamonds are BRILLIANTS!!! What now??

Hey on a positive note they rated the Asscher a VVS1 ( I thought it was a VVS2 ) turns out the supporting diamonds are VVS2
well.... I think the LGF is different on both stones... can you try to get shots of each yourself to post - my apologies to the neglected center stone LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:25:36 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 3/21/2007 7:01:57 PM

well.... I think the LGF is different on both stones... can you try to get shots of each yourself to post - my apologies to the neglected center stone LOL
and I mean like dead center on the side stones - just so we have more to talk about hehehe

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I love the ring just the way it is! Stunning combination. And an authentic vintage Birks ring with Asscher.... oh la la!
36.gif

Cachette

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely and special treasure you have in that ring!!!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
LOL Cehrabehra

Here ya go! This is the Brilliant

brillside.JPG

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
and the OEC

oecside.JPG

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
and she''s feeling left
8.gif

leftout.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 2:10:09 PM
LOL Cehrabehra

Here ya go! This is the Brilliant
okay holy damn, your camera rocks! what is it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 2:10:59 PM
and the OEC
ha! I was right! did the appraiser even look at them? ::scoff:: ::primp:: hehe! That is a gorgeous stone!! The brilliant aint bad but this one is b u t full

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the OEC
::sigh:: you know... this COULD be considered a brilliant.. the lgf are not THAT short but they''re WAY shorter than on the other stone. In fact the other stone has very very long lgf and this one has very short LGF... maybe this is a transitional? I really don''t know much about transitionals... I think this is a very pretty stone...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 2:12:00 PM
and she''s feeling left
8.gif
again, what camera is this?? these are such pretty stones - all 3!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 4:29:30 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

and the OEC

::sigh:: you know... this COULD be considered a brilliant.. the lgf are not THAT short but they're WAY shorter than on the other stone. In fact the other stone has very very long lgf and this one has very short LGF... maybe this is a transitional? I really don't know much about transitionals... I think this is a very pretty stone...

On it's own it kind of looks like a traditional cut, but compared with the round brilliant it looks more like an OEC... if that makes sense. Comparing the two shows how different they are, I guess. It is a gorgeous ring, and how neat that there are two different cuts on each side. Apocalypse, do you notice any difference in the size or flashes of color between the two, or is it just one big sparkle??

*M*

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!
30.gif

Until you posted those incredible up-close images, I couldn''t really see the difference between the round diamonds - perhaps because they frame a gorgeous asscher! The asscher breaks it up and is really the main focus of the ring.

Can you see the difference in person?

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
hi Cehrabehra!

It''s a Nikon Coolpix 4800 ED digital camera! I just set it on closeup :) But I also have a photoshop program where I can enlarge the image and crop it so that I can post it here
1.gif

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
hi Poptart!

I find that now that I know that there are 2 different cuts flanking the Asscher that it''s ALL that I see lol

I find that the brilliant does not complement the cut of the asscher as much as the OEC does ( they seem to just fit together) the brilliant wants to just dazzle where the OEC has a quiet sophisticated sparkle

10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results